Saratoga Springs Treehouse

erinshaneb

We want to rent a villa for our upcoming vacation..Originally we thought about AKL - Kidanni, but right now it's just out of our range..So I saw the treehouses and thought they looked great..figured the kids would love them..Anyone stay in them and have better pics than WDW internet site? Thanks

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yes and no. My pictures are rubbish.

I enjoyed my stay but it wasnt as good as Kidani. Theres another recent post about it. The space the treehouse provides is fantastic but the parking and bus issues can be a downer, worse with young kids Id imagine.

The quiet pool is great always quiet, or deserted.

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

Original Poster
I just found the DVC website with all the info that says there is no bus..We have 2 small kids (5 and 18 months at the time) and my dad uses a cane, so this may not be the way to go...darnnit they looked cool

Upvote 0

daisysimone

LOVE the treehouses!

Hi
My family of 6 stayed in the treehouse in February. We had no trouble with parking and were always able to get the same spot, right next to our treehouse's walkway. Since there are 6 of us, we always drive to the parks anyway as it's too difficult to get 6 seats on a bus and room for our stroller. They do have handicap access treehouses, which I would definitely recommend for your dad. The regular treehouses have big staircases. You could get a regular villa at the Saratoga (non treehouse) for the same price and be closer to the buses. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

darthokeefe

i really suggest a 2 bedroom in the Grandstand at SSR...The villas are awsome a great Quiet pool (which is almost feature pool nice) and always the first Bus stop.....we LOVed our time there

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

Original Poster
Okay have it definitely narrowed down to Saratoga Springs..Now I need opinions on where to stay...The treehouse has the "cool" and "different" factor, but they look kinda old and 70's..I know they were going for retro...the main buildings look nice, any opinons out there?

Upvote 0

daisysimone

treehouse

No, they are definitely not retro and they are beautiful! Especially the masterbathroom! Lots of flatscreen t.v.'s and a really nice deck. The master had room for us and the pack and play for our son and then there were two other bedrooms, one with bunk beds and the other, not sure of the bed size. Everyone had their own closets too. The pizza delivery is some of the best pizza I have ever had. There is also a boat dock that will take you to downtown disney. It's nice to go have ice cream for dessert at Ghiradellis after having your yummy pizza on your beautiful deck! You will LOVE it!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If its a retirement community feel you are after SSR is the ideal place. The place we had was decidedly tired despite its relatively short life.But Ive been told the rooms in the Grandstand area are far nicer. The resort is nicely laid out and is near DTD Disney and the boat service is a relaxed way t. The buses can be problematic at busier times and the eateries are fine but not great.

SSR is the least special of any of the DVC resorts I've staid at. The Treehouses do add that bit of fun and if you can get one closer to the main resort and on the edge of the golf course they will be special as they arent as dark as some of the more wooded locations.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I think the big advantage to the treehouse villas is size. You get a 3 bedroom villa for the cost of a 2 bedroom. But, you do have to sacrifice a bit in order to get that in terms of transportation. As you have seen in just this thread, you are going to see a mix of answers when it comes to these villas...some people love the size and seclusion while others think that the transportation issues really don't make it worthwhile. Different strokes for different folks.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I prefer SSR over OKW personally, but those are both below the other DVC resorts. If you are going after the contructions at the Paddocks pool is completed, that should help immensely. They will be adding a second CS location there which will cut down on the across the property treks one would make. The rooms themselves are fine, and it has a great location for DTD. But getting to the main building is a haul from most locations. We didn't have any issues with the buses, except that the main building I believe was the last stop. So if you went there for something, and then wanted to get on the bus, it may be a bit full at that point.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

our family is having a reunion in orlando over memorial day weekend with a lot of people coming from out of state and staying with orlando area family members etc... a groups of 5 adults and one child (we live about 2 1/2 hrs north of gnv) are joining them for part of the time so we've booked a treehouse villa so we each have a little down time space from each other if needed. we plan to spend our last day doing a little time in the pool, grilling a few burgers and hanging out like we would if we were at one of our homes. for us that's why we've booked there. i looked at video on youtube and they don't look like a room that hasn't been updated since the 70s. it's more of a rural/log cabin feel to the decorating similar to a lot of log homes you see outside of disney.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

You mentioned someone with a cane. Are you aware that there are stairs going up to the top floor of the treehouses, where the living space is? Ground floor is empty.

Upvote 0

BeanSz

I just found the DVC website with all the info that says there is no bus..We have 2 small kids (5 and 18 months at the time) and my dad uses a cane, so this may not be the way to go...darnnit they looked cool

I know you said cost was issue, but with the age of your kids and your dad with a cane, if you can swing Bay Lake Tower near the CR it would be great. At this age, we found ourselves at MK almost daily at some point. We loved the year we got a deal at the CR - you had the monorail, and could walk back from MK with strollers and avoid crowded buses or monorails. Plus my kids (and wife) still nap in afternoon on vacation so this was a nice feature. We could get back quickly - and I could head to the MK for afternoon parade, some shopping, or a Dole Whip without the kids. Or I could go to pool hang out, or walk the other resorts -- just have some quiet me time. Either way, you will enjoy. My sister loves SSR -- another friend loves AKL DVC -- I say go with whatever works. Remember, you can always grab a cab if you don't want to deal with transportation. We do that a lot with the kids, too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom