Saratoga Springs location question

Dory71

Original Poster
I am not happy that Congress Park is now in the preferred category because that is where we usually stay to be near Disney Springs. Does anyone know which building in the Paddock is closest to Congress Park? Also, can you request a certain building or just an area? Thanks in advance.

nickys

Premium Member
I am not happy that Congress Park is now in the preferred category because that is where we usually stay to be near Disney Springs. Does anyone know which building in the Paddock is closest to Congress Park? Also, can you request a certain building or just an area? Thanks in advance.

You can put whatever you like in a request to Member Services, by email or chat. Remember though it's a request, you may not get it.

The reason Congress Park is in the Preferred category is simply because it's near DS and a lot of people were requesting it! So by making it preferred, if people want to be there they can book it and have a 50/50 chance of getting it.

Dory71

Original Poster
You can put whatever you like in a request to Member Services, by email or chat. Remember though it's a request, you may not get it.

The reason Congress Park is in the Preferred category is simply because it's near DS and a lot of people were requesting it! So by making it preferred, if people want to be there they can book it and have a 50/50 chance of getting it.
Thanks, I know why it is now a "preferred" category but I still don't like the price increase it comes with.

Rob562

Thanks, I know why it is now a "preferred" category but I still don't like the price increase it comes with.

Yeah, but to balance it out it meant that the Standard units went down in points... We much prefer Grandstand in the 8000 buildings.

-Rob

tlking88

I think the only location at Saratoga that isn’t neccesarily preferred is the a few certain building throughout the location. We found that grandstand is also preferred as well that we found out today when our checking wasn’t approved.

nickys

Premium Member
I think the only location at Saratoga that isn’t neccesarily preferred is the a few certain building throughout the location. We found that grandstand is also preferred as well that we found out today when our checking wasn’t approved.

Only The Springs and Congress Park are preferred categories for booking with DVC points. Grandstand, Carousel and Paddock rooms are standard.

If you book direct, I'm not sure what happens, whether some are charged at a higher rate or not.

How did you book? And what so you mean by your checking (check-in?) wasn't approved?

NelleBelle

If we rented DVC points, are we able to make a request for a location? We would prefer the Grandstand. Not sure if we need to make the request through the rental agency or if we can make directly to Disney?

mouse_luv

If we rented DVC points, are we able to make a request for a location? We would prefer the Grandstand. Not sure if we need to make the request through the rental agency or if we can make directly to Disney?
Yes, you should be able to. We did back in 2014 when we stayed at SSR.

nickys

Premium Member

If you rent points, you would rent for either Standard or Preferred.

Within those categories, you are able to request certain rooms. The usual advice applies, explain what you want not just a room number, and minimise the options. Very few specific room requests get honoured, due to the nature of being 98% occupied all year round. The chances of a more general request being met are less than with a non DVC resort anyway.

Now every so often DVC tell us, in our magazine or emails, that they prefer room requests to be made direct to Member Services. Only the owner can speak to MS. My suggestion is you ask the owner to do that, through the agency.

Plenty of people also use the TP fax requests, and anyone who books direct through Disney can also request direct. But as a renter you won't be able to phone the usual CRO number about it. For the best chance as a renter ask the owner to do it for you.

And please do not ask for an upgrade for a better room at the front desk. That will cost more points and, although they really shouldn't, there have been stories of the CMs just doing this and taking the extra points without the owner's permission. Not only will this cost you more, it could seriously upset the owner if they need those other points for a future vacation.

Last edited:

NelleBelle

If you rent points, you would rent for either Standard or Preferred.

Within those categories, you are able to request certain rooms. The usual advice applies, explain what you want not just a room number, and minimise the options. Very few specific room requests get honoured, due to the nature of being 98% occupied all year round. The chances of a more general request being met are less than with a non DVC resort anyway.

Now every so often DVC tell us, in our magazine or emails, that they prefer room requests to be made direct to Member Services. Only the owner can speak to MS. My suggestion is you ask the owner to do that, through the agency.

Plenty of people also use the TP fax requests, and anyone who books direct through Disney can also request direct. But as a renter you won't be able to phone the usual CRO number about it. For the best chance as a renter ask the owner to do it for you.

And please do not ask for an upgrade for a better room at the front desk. That will cost more points and, although they really shouldn't, there have been stories of the CMs just doing this and taking the extra points without the owner's permission. Not only will this cost you more, it could seriously upset the owner if they need those other points for a future vacation.
Thank you so much for explaining the ins/outs :) Very helpful! I don't have any desire for a specific room/view, etc. We would just prefer to be at the Grandstand location. I think I'll contact the rental agency and have them put the request through via the owner. Other than that, we'll have to do what we tell our kids..."we get what we get and we don't throw a fit!" :)

tlking88

Only The Springs and Congress Park are preferred categories for booking with DVC points. Grandstand, Carousel and Paddock rooms are standard.

If you book direct, I'm not sure what happens, whether some are charged at a higher rate or not.

How did you book? And what so you mean by your checking (check-in?) wasn't approved?

We booked directly. We requested the grandstand. So we utilized the online check-in for the first night and got it went fine. For our second reservation the next night we also used online check-in. 4 pm rolls around and we call because we haven't gotten a text or update about our room. We called and they told us that we hadn't checked-in at all. So it took over 1 hour at the front desk to sort stuff out and they didn't have anything with any of our preferences and didn't offer really anything for the problems.

nickys

Premium Member
We booked directly. We requested the grandstand. So we utilized the online check-in for the first night and got it went fine. For our second reservation the next night we also used online check-in. 4 pm rolls around and we call because we haven't gotten a text or update about our room. We called and they told us that we hadn't checked-in at all. So it took over 1 hour at the front desk to sort stuff out and they didn't have anything with any of our preferences and didn't offer really anything for the problems.

Sorry to hear about your experience, that's annoying about online check-in. We usually do it too, but being from the UK, have to call at the front desk anyway.

So when you booked direct, you will have had a choice of "standard" and "preferred". Grandstand rooms are in the standard category.

I assume since you got Grandstand for the first night you booked Standard. After that a request is just that, they can't always match it. And Grandstand is a really popular request because it's still close to the Hospitality House and High Springs pool.

tlking88

The first night was preferred. The second-fifth night were standard in the grandstand. They wanted to put us in the Paddock no where near what we had asked for. It was just very frustrating and wasted so much time..

bubster

Sorry to jump in so late but wanted to address something about online check-in and split stays. We have had numerous split stays between resorts and and even the same resort and have never ever gotten the room ready text for the second reservation.

Another issue is that when you leave your room from the first reservation you must go to the front desk and physically check out before they can check you in for the other reservation. You can still do on-line check-in but it won't work properly unless you check out of the first room.

Hope this helps for future stays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom