Sarasota Springs transportation

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
Stayed there in September. Only had an issue getting to MK on our first day around 2pm. Waited over 45 minutes for a bus. Other than that, we didn't have any issues. There are a lot of stops in the resort, so it does take a couple of extra minutes to get on the way to the park. Busses were never crowded, even when leaving MK after wishes.

I don't know if this is a standard practice as we'd never seen it before, but for the rest of our trip there was a CM at the bus stop (The Springs) in the morning keeping track of bus arrival times and guest's wait times for whichever bus they wanted.

We asked him about our 45min wait the day before just to see if there was some sort of problem. We weren't complaining or anything like that, just curious. He apologized and have us each a FP good for any ride at any park during our stay.

bethymouse

We went in June 2013, and stayed in the Paddock area right near the bus stop and pool ( so convenient), walk to the main pool area/food court and other bus stop was a nice short walk. But, we never had any trouble with the buses- about 10- 15 minutes max. coming and going.:)
The Turf Club has delicious food, and the boat to DTD is convenient. We actually took the walk to DTD, and that was a beautiful mile or so long walk.:)

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
The Turf Club has delicious food, and the boat to DTD is convenient. We actually took the walk to DTD, and that was a beautiful mile or so long walk.:)

Had our rehearsal dinner at Turf Club and have gone back every trip since. Decor is great, views are awesome and the food doesn't disappoint!

And fully agree on the boat and the walk. Both are a nice way to get to DTD and beat waiting for a bus to get there

lostpro9het

Stayed during Christmas in Paddock but used Congress park's bus stop due to convenience. Wait times were very short, if we even had to wait, and I only remember having to stand once on the bus ride.

Rob562

I will concur with the others. As long as you're prepared for the long loop that the bus has to make inside SSR, the buses are fine.

We were in Paddock building 45, which was actually right next to the Carousel bus stop. We were back in our room about 90 seconds after stepping off the bus. This was the second stop for the theme park buses, and the middle stop for the Downtown Disney bus route. The walk to the main building to eat at the Artist's Palette was nice enough.

-Rob

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We have stayed there many times, and always seem to have good luck with the buses. We have waited over 20 minutes only once, and that was when MGM Studios was closing, and the SSR bus broke down. The OKW bus driver heard it on the radio, and then picked us up, and dropped us off at our stop! Great customer service, because he did not have to do that. Still the wait was only about 40 minutes.

We always stay in the Grandstand section, as it is the first stop for the parks (and the first drop-off). There have been times that many have to stand by the time we get to the Springs bus stop. There does seem to be a CM at the Grandstand stop every morning the last few times we have been there.

slappy magoo

As with most WDW hotels, it's a crap shoot, YMMV, no guarantees blah blah blah, but on the whole I've had mostly tolerable wait times for buses at SSR

PhilharMagician

I see this thread and wondered who wanted to travel to Sarasota Springs?

SSR bussing is quite good. One of the good things about staying at SSR is if you decide to dine at another resort one evening then you can bus back to DTD and walk over to SSR afterwards instead of transferring though one of the parks which can be a pain in the butt.

Sparkle81

We did the same as @LuvtheGoof and stayed in the Grandstand section. It was perfect- first on so always had a seat on the buses and first off when coming back from the parks. The longest we had to wait for a bus was about 20 minutes but on average, the wait was usually about 10 minutes. We used the boats across to Downtown Disney twice and had almost no wait both times.
I'd read reviews on a certain travel review site a few weeks before we went about the transportation, and I was that concerned that I actually rang my travel agent and asked about the logistics of switching resorts. I can only say that the people reviewing must have either been very impatient, were exaggerating, or had the worst luck ever. The resort is absolutely beautiful, and we had no issues with transportation at all. We adored our stay there and so thankful that we didn't switch resorts. We'll definitely stay there again in the future.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I think a lot of it is simply the "perception" that it is taking forever because everyone is excited to be going to the parks, and they can't wait for a bus to arrive. I actually check my watch when we get to the bus stop, and our waits are rarely over 10 minutes.

MOUSEGIRL

We stayed in March 2013 and it was awful 2 hrs to MK. Not just once but several times. I need to mention we stayed in a tree house villa. We go to Disney 2 times a year always staying on property and have never had such a awful experience as we did staying at SSR. If we would not have had 2 other families with us we would have checked out and moved to another resort, instead we hired a cab. We have stayed at almost all of the resorts and this was just one more to check off our list and we will not be back to SSR. We have stayed at pop, allstar, CBR, OKW, POR, WL,POLY, GF, BLT and our favorite Contemporary.

slappy magoo

We stayed in March 2013 and it was awful 2 hrs to MK. Not just once but several times. I need to mention we stayed in a tree house villa. We go to Disney 2 times a year always staying on property and have never had such a awful experience as we did staying at SSR. If we would not have had 2 other families with us we would have checked out and moved to another resort, instead we hired a cab. We have stayed at almost all of the resorts and this was just one more to check off our list and we will not be back to SSR. We have stayed at pop, allstar, CBR, OKW, POR, WL,POLY, GF, BLT and our favorite Contemporary.

One of these days I intend to stay in a Treehouse Villa, but not without a car. In fact, I've booked Treehouse villas twice before; once I had to cancel because it turned out we were expecting a new baby Slappy, and once because I switched to BLT under the assumption that we'd spend most of our time in MK, and hey whadaya know I was right. But again, I'd suggest anyone who books there have a car or prepares to pay extra for cab service. One thing I hope they make incredibly clear to anyone staying there (they never did when I'd booked it) is that there are no direct buses from the Treehouse Villas to any of the parks. You have to use an internal shuttle or walk to one of the other bus stops in the actual Saratoga Springs Resort, and then transfer to a theme park bus, which could take a long time (I'd never imagine 2 hours, but still, longer than without that shuttle. You could use a car to drive to the main building t Saratoga and catch a bus, but I'd bet, once you're in the car, you'd figure "what the hell, may as well drive to (park du jour)."

In fact, I'd like to propose a new perk to people staying at Treehouse Villas, and perhaps all DVC members (we have that kind of pull to make our suggestions happen, right? Right? Wow, where did that tumbleweed come from?).

You know how the hotel's Security teams (IN THEORY) stop people from using a hotel lot for free theme park parking by giving them a 3 hour max time for dining and touring any hotel? I don't know how much they enforce that rule, especially if you're staying at a WDW resort because then parking would be free in the theme park's lots anyway, but them's the rules on the books.
Well I'd say If you're staying at Treehouse Villas, you should get a pass for indefinite parking at any hotel lot, including, especially the monorail and Epcot resorts. So those guests, if they have cars, can avoid the shuttle bus hassle. And ideally I think that'd be a nice perk for DVC families in general. But if they only gave that perk to Treehouse Villas guests? There are only 60 treehouses. Even if each treehouse was booked with each Villa having guests driving 3 cars, that's 180 cars. Odds that there are even 180 cars is ridiculous, but the odds that there are 180 cars, and they're ALL being driven any given day, and they're ALL going to the same park and they ALL try to park in the same hotel lot is pretty damn slim.

BigTxEars

One of these days I intend to stay in a Treehouse Villa, but not without a car. In fact, I've booked Treehouse villas twice before; once I had to cancel because it turned out we were expecting a new baby Slappy, and once because I switched to BLT under the assumption that we'd spend most of our time in MK, and hey whadaya know I was right. But again, I'd suggest anyone who books there have a car or prepares to pay extra for cab service. One thing I hope they make incredibly clear to anyone staying there (they never did when I'd booked it) is that there are no direct buses from the Treehouse Villas to any of the parks. You have to use an internal shuttle or walk to one of the other bus stops in the actual Saratoga Springs Resort, and then transfer to a theme park bus, which could take a long time (I'd never imagine 2 hours, but still, longer than without that shuttle. You could use a car to drive to the main building t Saratoga and catch a bus, but I'd bet, once you're in the car, you'd figure "what the hell, may as well drive to (park du jour)."

In fact, I'd like to propose a new perk to people staying at Treehouse Villas, and perhaps all DVC members (we have that kind of pull to make our suggestions happen, right? Right? Wow, where did that tumbleweed come from?).

You know how the hotel's Security teams (IN THEORY) stop people from using a hotel lot for free theme park parking by giving them a 3 hour max time for dining and touring any hotel? I don't know how much they enforce that rule, especially if you're staying at a WDW resort because then parking would be free in the theme park's lots anyway, but them's the rules on the books.
Well I'd say If you're staying at Treehouse Villas, you should get a pass for indefinite parking at any hotel lot, including, especially the monorail and Epcot resorts. So those guests, if they have cars, can avoid the shuttle bus hassle. And ideally I think that'd be a nice perk for DVC families in general. But if they only gave that perk to Treehouse Villas guests? There are only 60 treehouses. Even if each treehouse was booked with each Villa having guests driving 3 cars, that's 180 cars. Odds that there are even 180 cars is ridiculous, but the odds that there are 180 cars, and they're ALL being driven any given day, and they're ALL going to the same park and they ALL try to park in the same hotel lot is pretty damn slim.

I could go for that :) Not sure if we will ever stay in the TH Villas as we only have 150 points per year :( but the folks who do that makes sense for them.

slappy magoo

I could go for that :) Not sure if we will ever stay in the TH Villas as we only have 150 points per year :( but the folks who do that makes sense for them.
Banking/borrowing. Renting. Options. We only have 175 and we were able to make bookings happen. Of course, that was a few years ago when the points for Treehouses were the equivalent of a 2BR Villa at Saratoga proper. Their insane popularity have shifted around the points quite a bit. The differences between the two now could be anywhere from 32 to 60 points a week, depending on the season

BigTxEars

Banking/borrowing. Renting. Options. We only have 175 and we were able to make bookings happen. Of course, that was a few years ago when the points for Treehouses were the equivalent of a 2BR Villa at Saratoga proper. Their insane popularity have shifted around the points quite a bit. The differences between the two now could be anywhere from 32 to 60 points a week, depending on the season

Yeah I have some to learn about banking/borrowing etc. I mean I understand it but need to learn to maximize it's power!

GeoDonJac34

We stayed in Congress Park section in Oct. 2012. The bus wait times were probably a little bit longer than other resorts we stayed at, but they were not bad at all. On several nights we would walk to DTD, using the path by Congress Park. I am not sure if it is open though. I think they closed it for some reason recently. Love the resort.

jlsHouston

I bought points for May 19-22, so I get to try this resort for 4 nights. It will be my first time there. No kids. Maybe solo if I can't talk my boyfriend in to coming with me.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom