Sao Paulo Summer

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Sao Paulo Summer
That's right, everyone. This summer, we invite you to the newest addition to the Disney Parks family, one in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Not only is it the first South American Disney Park, but it is a draw for people all over Latin America. This resort is one of a kind, consisting of two parks, three hotels, and a shopping district.

Here's a little bit on what to expect:

Sao Paulo Disneyland (First Gate)
Disney's Cinematic Adventure (Second Gate)
Sao Paulo Disneyland Hotel (Grand Resort)
Disney's Grand Brazilian Hotel (Moderate Resort)
Disney's Pixar Palace Hotel (Value Resort)
Disneyville (Downtown Disney Area)

Stay tuned for later posts. This is my second thread in this forum.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Sao Paulo Disneyland
Grand Disney Castle.jpg
Sao Paulo Disneyland is the first Disney Resort in South America. It contains seven magical lands with their own themes and attractions:

Main Street Brazil

Frontierland

Adventureland

Fantasyland

Discoveryland

Star Wars: Spaceport

Tomorrowland

Lilofan

Sao Paulo Summer
That's right, everyone. This summer, we invite you to the newest addition to the Disney Parks family, one in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Not only is it the first South American Disney Park, but it is a draw for people all over Latin America. This resort is one of a kind, consisting of two parks, three hotels, and a shopping district.

Here's a little bit on what to expect:

Sao Paulo Disneyland (First Gate)
Disney's Cinematic Adventure (Second Gate)
Sao Paulo Disneyland Hotel (Grand Resort)
Disney's Grand Brazilian Hotel (Moderate Resort)
Disney's Pixar Palace Hotel (Value Resort)
Disneyville (Downtown Disney Area)

Stay tuned for later posts. This is my second thread in this forum.
As an 18 year old are you wishing this to happen ? Or is this an April Fools joke?

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Good ideas but I have friends who live in Sao Paulo. They said it is heavily congested and a traffic nightmare. Where would the park be located ?
This wouldn't be in the main city. Disneyland Paris isn't directly in Paris and Tokyo Disneyland isn't directly in Tokyo. Sao Paulo won't be directly in Sao Paulo either. It would be located a few miles east of the city, somewhere between Sao Paulo and Rio de Janiero.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Main Street Brazil
carnivalmhs.jpg
Instead of the classic Main Street, U.S.A., Main Street Brazil focuses on Brazilian culture and history. The train station recreates one from the 1930s, where they overthrew the military dictatorship in the country and established a republic. The buildings are designed with Portuguese colonial architecture. In front of the park is the Legends of Latin America park, where several Disney characters represent the Latin American world. This includes the Three Cabelleros (U.s., Mexico, and Brazil), Miguel (Mexico), Mirabel (Columbia), and Kuzco (Peru). The main square is also home to a theater that informs guests about Walt Disney's goodwill tour of Latin America as well as a city hall. Down the street are several shops and restaurants, all of which have a tribute to Brazilian history. From Dom Pedro's Restaurant to 1822 (the year Brazil gained independence from Portugal) Market Street. At the end of the street is the hub, where paths branch out to Frontierland, Adventureland, Discoveryland, and Tomorrowland. In the center of the hub is the iconic Partners statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse, and going into Fantasyland is Snow White's Castle, which is a mix between Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Paris and the actual castle seen in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
You may be wondering "Why aren't Blu and Jewel in as representatives of Brazil?" Well, I don't want any 20th Century Fox/Studios IPs in my park because of my disapproval that an already powerful film company would purchase another. I feel like it would be dishonest to include such things in my park.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Frontierland
n017798_2050jan01_big-thunder-mountain_16-9_tcm795-159546$p_1.jpg
Going Clockwise around the park, our first destination is the wilds of America during the days of its settlement. Here, guests enter into the old ghost town of Thunder Springs. They can test their shootin', eat up at the saloon, and take some western photos. This is also where they can take a ride on a riverboat, ride a runaway mine train through the cursed gold mines of Big Thunder Mountain, or go on a harrowing Western River Expedition to find the lost loot of Bartemius W. Bullon. There is also a train station, nature trails, and geyser area where guests can cool off on a hot day.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Adventureland
pirateship_paris2017cb.jpg
Up next, we travel to the exotic locations of the New World. This area has a backstory about a Society-of-Explorers-and-Adventurers-member-turned-pirate known as George W. Shadowwater, and the quest to find his lost treasure. Guests first come into a South American outpost, where they can sign up for the S.E.A. expedition at the inn and go on an area-wide scavenger hunt. They also can go on the World Famous Jungle Cruise, see the Wilderness Explorers Treehouse, and dine at the skipper's canteen. West of the village is the ancient ruins of the Maya, where guests team up with Indiana Jones as they explore the temple of the Rain King. Up north is the Caribbean islands where Shadowwater made his mark, and it features two reimagined classics. Pirates of the Caribbean: the Treasure Mountain sends guests to a time where pirates ruled the seas, but they must survive a 5-story plunge out of the mouth of a skull-shaped rock. Shadowwater Chateau is in the shadows of the area, where 999 happy haunts hide a dark secret. Guests board a doom buggy and embark on a spine-tingling tour of Shadowwater's manor home, solving a mystery surrounding Shadowwater's crew as they do.​

Last edited:

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Fantasyland
Frozen_Land_HKDL_Concept.jpg
Behind the towering citadel of Snow White's Castle is a magical world where fantasy becomes reality. When passing through the castle, guests are immersed in a Medieval village, complete with five attractions that they can experience: Peter Pan's Flight, Mickey's Philharmagic (with randomized song selection), A Tangled Tale, Princess Fairytale Hall, and Cinderella's Carousel. There is a large lake which this area goes around, and going clockwise around it, here is what guests can expect. The first sub-area guests come across is a fairground area, which contains Dumbo, "It's a Small World," and other things. Next up is Arendelle, the world of Frozen. Here, guests will sail with Anna and Elsa on a tour of Arendelle and the Enchanted Forest, coming across a few perils in the way, and join Kristoff and Sven on a wild sleigh ride down the North Mountain. Last but not least is a big forest area, where guests can find a train station as well as Winnie the Pooh, Belle, Mickey Mouse, and others, all of which have their own attractions in the woods.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Discoveryland
Space Mountain and Orbitron.jpeg
The first of two worlds of the future, this is a world where visions of the future from the past were fully realized. As guests enter the land, they pass by the town square, which has Italian design to it. Located here is a Da Vinci exhibition as well as the Orbitron. Further down the line is the lake of time, which takes up the southern part of Discoveryland and the Northern part of Tomorrowland, serving as a mirror for the future. Around Discoveryland, guests can engage in several activities. This includes 20,000 Leagues Submarine Voyage, where they join Captain Nemo on a search for Atlantis, Space Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon, where they are shot out of a cannon and into space, and Horizons, where they imagine their own future from the present. Located in the back of the land is Mount Prometheus, where guests can take a Journey to the Center of the Earth. Nearby is the train station, and behind that is the Discoeryland flight center, where guests can go Soarin' Around the World on an advanced hang glider.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Star Wars Spaceport
20160509_startours_08.jpg
On the bustling city planet of Masador, a planet in the inner rim, a rebellion is being sparked. Here, guests go into the area and take part as members of this rebellion, some of which may be jedi. Around Masador, they can do many things. They ca build droids, build lightsabers, and encounter Star Wars characters at the Command Base. They can also engage in a Jedi Training show, a randomized flight on the Star Tours speeder, and go on a high-octane roller coaster ride to rescue a rebel leader from the Galactic Empire. There is also a shuttle that can take guests to Galaxy's Edge in a Hogwarts Express-style way.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Star Wars Spaceport is located behind Soarin' and Journey for those who are wondering. It is entered through Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Tomorrowland
buzz-lightyear-planet-rescue-shanghai-disneyland-concept-art.jpg
In another world of the future, science meets science fiction. Guests can hop on an electric car for a race in Autopia 3000. They can also see constellations at the Adromeda Theater and fly around on Jet-pacs. Further down are several intergalactic adventures, which include a star battle with Buzz Lightyear, an alien interaction with Stitch, and a flight through space with WALL*E. Further down, guests can board the time central station, where they can go on Time Mountain, a thrilling ride throughout history which takes guests back to the dinosaur age, Wild West, WWII, Ancient Egypt, and beyond. They can ride the Peoplemover to see all that Tomorrowland has to offer. In the meantime, they may also catch a glimpse of what is yet to come in the Preview Center, where guests can see new things coming to Sao Paulo Disneyland.​

tcool123

Just a few nitpicks and comments here:
  • Columbia is here in the USA like DC is the District of Columbia and of course the clothing brand, but Encanto is sent in Colombia. I see this error a lot, and I know I do it when I text my Colombian friends albeit it is to mess with him as they grt a bit miffed by it 😅
  • With Main Street Brazil being so focused on Brazilian culture while combining the magic of Disney I would love to see that woven throughout the park’s design more. I think for me the biggest thing is Frontierland seeming like an American based portrayal, but Brasil has a wealth of their own history with western settings and their own cowboys too known as the Gauchos. In fact the Brazilian Gold Rush created the world's longest gold rush period and the largest gold mines in South America. I feel like blending the two together aids in creating a more successful product in the end for international resorts where American culture and history may not be as well recieved.
  • Overall beyond that I enjoyed it! It was nice and well rounded park. Just keep in mind not everyone will be rushing to comment as it does take time to resd over everything. So dint fret if you dont get comments within a few hours of posting :)

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Just a few nitpicks and comments here:
  • Columbia is here in the USA like DC is the District of Columbia and of course the clothing brand, but Encanto is sent in Colombia. I see this error a lot, and I know I do it when I text my Colombian friends albeit it is to mess with him as they grt a bit miffed by it 😅
  • With Main Street Brazil being so focused on Brazilian culture while combining the magic of Disney I would love to see that woven throughout the park’s design more. I think for me the biggest thing is Frontierland seeming like an American based portrayal, but Brasil has a wealth of their own history with western settings and their own cowboys too known as the Gauchos. In fact the Brazilian Gold Rush created the world's longest gold rush period and the largest gold mines in South America. I feel like blending the two together aids in creating a more successful product in the end for international resorts where American culture and history may not be as well recieved.
  • Overall beyond that I enjoyed it! It was nice and well rounded park. Just keep in mind not everyone will be rushing to comment as it does take time to resd over everything. So dint fret if you dont get comments within a few hours of posting :)
I had no idea that Columbia and Colombia were different things. I honestly wasn't thinking about the Frontierland thing, but perhaps I can intertwine the American gold rush with the Brazilian gold rush. I honestly didn't know that piece of history, which is a little embarrassing considering that I am a big history buff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom