Sanford Airport To Por

LisaStockman

Please could anyone help me out with directions from Sanford Airport to POR.
We are arriving on Sept 28th from the UK and it is our 1st time staying with The Mouse.
Thank you

Lisa

winterparkbaby

I grew up in the neighborhood of heathrow which is a few exits west from sanford airport. from what i remember getting to I-4 from the airport is not hard then take I-4 west till you see the signs for disney property. with no traffic it could take almost 45 minutes.

wish I could tell you in more detail, however, I have not lived in Heathrow for almost 14 years. I am there several times a year, just not the airport. sorry.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
LisaStockman said:
Please could anyone help me out with directions from Sanford Airport to POR.
We are arriving on Sept 28th from the UK and it is our 1st time staying with The Mouse.
Thank you

Lisa
Have you considered getting a Towncar to drive you there, rather than driving yourself? Its by far the best way to start your vacation, particularly for a 1st trip. Check out www.quicksilvertours.com for prices and info.

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

Sanford is not far from I 4, and once you're on 4 you just follow the signs to the Disney exits. A search on MapQuest.com for Sanford Airport lists a sponsor link of transportation2disney.com that says 30 minute ride. It might be worth checking into also.Have a great vacation !

Upvote 0

GoGiants!

Help! i AM NEW, HOW DO YOU POST NEW THREAD?

Help! just registered, now I've been trying to figure out how to post a new thread/question for the last 20 minutes...

Can anyone tell me how??

Upvote 0

winterparkbaby

mears may run the shuttle to disney from that airport as well. i am sure when you talk to the reserv staff they can answer this for you. i know from orlando airport it is 29 an adult.

i know the site said thirty minutes. but as i said i live west (closer to disney, by a couple of exits) and it takes me about 35 minutes to get there.

Upvote 0

ILUVTHEMOUSE

We just flew in and out of Sanford a couple of weeks ago. When you leave the airport you want to turn onto Lake Mary Blvd. I believe you will be turning right on Lake Mary Blvd. (Ask the agent at the rental car counter to double check) I-4 is about 8 miles north of the airport. You will take I-4 West to 192 West. From 192 there is a Disney World exit. Once on Disney property there are signs that will guide you to POR. Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

KevinPage

I-4 is a nightmare, my reccomenation would be to take 417 (The Greenway) SOUTH until you see signs for Disney.

You have to pay a few tolls, but no traffic at all. I-4 is a war zone.

Upvote 0

ogryn

KevinPage said:
I-4 is a nightmare, my reccomenation would be to take 417 (The Greenway) SOUTH until you see signs for Disney.

You have to pay a few tolls, but no traffic at all. I-4 is a war zone.

We went this way before (on the advice of the rental firm). It was very easy, although we made the mistake of turning towards Celebration instead of the All-Stars when exiting. It seemed an easier road than I4.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom