Sandford Airport to 192 - I4 or 417

barnum42

In the past when I have driven from Sandford Airport to International drive or Kissimme I have taken the I4. This has always been on a Saturday, when I guess the workers are not clogging up the highway.

This year I'm arriving on a Friday and will be setting off from Sandford probably sometime between 18:00 and 19:00. Is I4 going to be one big parking lot? Should I then take 417 and if so, does anone know how much the toll is to get to 192?

Thanks in advance.

cm1988

Greene(bucks) Way

The Greeneway (417) is the way to go from Sanford to the WDW area. Tolls are about $6.50, though. It's a faster, safer route.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
is it $6.50?

The OOCEA website says it's only $5 from one end of the 417 to the other...

Upvote 0

zabeans

Yeah, I think it's less than $5. I live off of exit 37 on 417, and from there to the south end of it is $3.50(actually its $3.75 now without the epass) and it's been $1.25 for me driving from where I live to Sanford.

Upvote 0

zabeans

Speaking of Lake Jesup, if you drive over it at night, be warned that your car may be COVERED in squashed mosquitos by the time you get to the other side. :(

Upvote 0

barnum42

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback chaps. Looks like I'm going to stick a crowbar in my wallet and pay for the 417.

That way I should have enough time to check into the holtel, then zip over to Epocot for an evening meal and watch Illuminations :D

Upvote 0

mkt

Premium Member
well Barnum, if you travel to FL often, or if you're going to spend some time on the road... i suggest a sunpass (http://www.sunpass.com) its a toll transponder that debits the tolls from your credit card. There is a fee for it ($25 for the transponder), but then you don't wait at the toll plaza, you just drive through the designated lanes... and if you come to Florida enough, it can pay for itself... you get 10% back debited to your sunpass account every so often

Upvote 0

barnum42

Original Poster
Originally posted by mkt
well Barnum, if you travel to FL often, or if you're going to spend some time on the road... i suggest a sunpass (http://www.sunpass.com) its a toll transponder that debits the tolls from your credit card. There is a fee for it ($25 for the transponder), but then you don't wait at the toll plaza, you just drive through the designated lanes... and if you come to Florida enough, it can pay for itself... you get 10% back debited to your sunpass account every so often
I would love to go to Florida enough to get one of these gizmos, but I'll only be using 417 twice on this trip - On the first and last days.

However I think there may be other posters that will be interested Sunpass.

Whilst I could be tempted to move to Florida and work AT the Mouse, I don't think I could survive on the low wages, plus there is the whole legal status thing of my being "an alien". Though I do wonder how all the Britons get to work there (outside of the UK pavilion year pass folk).

Upvote 0

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by barnum42
Though I do wonder how all the Britons get to work there (outside of the UK pavilion year pass folk).

if you're single, I have a sister...

and if you're a lady, I have a brother and a roommate

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom