Sanaa

wendyphant

Original Poster
We have a special meal booked for mum at AKL at Sanaa
So what do you think is a must not miss off the menu?

Also can we go and see the animals ? we have a table booked for 7.30

Epcotfan21

Two words...Bread Service.

As far as the animals, the window viewing tables are hard to come by and typically require a longer wait. The good news is Sanaa has easy access outside, so you can see the animals either before or after your meal and you can watch as long as you'd like.

wendyphant

Original Poster
Two words...Bread Service.

As far as the animals, the window viewing tables are hard to come by and typically require a longer wait. The good news is Sanaa has easy access outside, so you can see the animals either before or after your meal and you can watch as long as you'd like.
We had a ADR should I pre email and say it is my mums birthday to get a window seat?

Epcotfan21

We had a ADR should I pre email and say it is my mums birthday to get a window seat?
You can certainly try, but it won't be guaranteed. If you really want the window table, be prepared to wait for it. Last time I was there we were told it would be an additional hour wait from our scheduled reservation time, so we said no thanks.

Weather_Lady

If your ADR is at 7:30, you'll want to check the sunset time on your date. Particularly if you have to wait for a table, it may be too dark outside to see any animals, regardless of where you're seated.

LeighM

I've always made our dinner reservations at Sanaa at 5pm when they open so I could ask for a window seat. They've changed their menu from the last time so the only thing I can suggest is their bread service. Always so good!

Amos1784

Cant miss the Bread Service, also their Burger is in my opinion top 3 on property. They also have consistently good soups and butter chicken. Enjoy!

HouCuseChickie

Agreed on the bread service as a must. The butter chicken has also been very popular with our family.

As for window seats and seeing the animals, it's kind of hit or miss if you're not in the very first seating. That being said, last time we were there, we were seated right across from the row of window tables. We were a party of 6 and from what I recall, the window tables were 4-tops. Still, we were still able to see animals from where we were seated. No, it's not the same, but it was still nice.

NiarrNDisney

As everyone said Bread service with all the dips (the Spicy Jalapeno Pickle is my favorite)

Some of my other must haves:

Harvest items (sides for some entrees) - Any of them are delicious (I believe for a small extra fee you can order more than one)
Potjie - Goan Seafood Curry or the Spicy Durban Shrimp (my mom loved the Butter Chicken)
Scallpe Chana

Oh and Lunch at Sanaa is also amazing with great lighter options! We really liked the open face sandwiches

Last edited:

dieboy

Last time we were there, some ahole lit a cig in a bathroom on the main level at AKL, which in turn closed most of the kitchen. They were offering a 'limited' menu, and it was far different from what they usually have. I had some absolutely spectacular short ribs, and my wife had some great chicken dish. After about 40 minutes, the kitchen came back online, and the servers gave everyone free bread service that was still there.

Best Sanaa visit yet.. but sadly probably never get it again. Their normal menu is awesome also but that night was great!

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
You could head over to the resort a bit before your reservation and explore the viewing areas around the resort to get your fill of animals. Then you could settle in for dinner and it would be great to get a window but maybe not worth the wait.

Have to echo the naan bread service - yum! We like to do the full service with all accompaniments.

GVentola

I had a really neat experience. I must've come at a slow time, because I got seated at the window without even asking to be. Right at the window, an African crowned crane was resting, and we were side by side for the whole meal! I figure that was God's way of making up to me the fact that I scraped the side of my car in the parking garage, having misjudged the width of the parking space. I'm just glad I didn't hit another car!

This may sound like blasphemy, but since there was just me and I wasn't looking to spend too much, I skipped the bread service! I got the "Potjie Inspired" butter chicken, which was a safe bet for me, as it's one of my fave Indian dishes. I also got the chickpea wat, which was more of a gamble, but I ended up enjoying it. At least that's what I think I got--this was a year or two ago, and I looked up the menu online to refresh my memory.

Demeter Tess

The bread service was a bit too adventurous for me. Thankfully I was dining with a bunch of friends and didn't have to feel bad about disliking everything, save a few of the naan breads. I can see how others might enjoy it, but I'd personally never order it again. The butter chicken, on the other hand, is something I dream about nightly. DELICIOUS.

note2001

If you enjoy a hot pot of tea, ask to see the tea box which contains an insane number of loose leaf teas to choose from. It might be 12?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom