Sanaa???

SanFrancisco

Original Poster
Have any of you been to Sanaa yet? How is it? Would you recommend it for lunch?

I've just made our ADR's for September and booked a lunch at Sanaa (because lunch fit into our schedule best). I love the other two AKL restaurants, and have ADR's for Jiko and Boma, but thought I'd see if you guys think Sanaa is worth a try?

Right now, we're scheduled to hit:

50's Primetime (1st time)
California Grill
Bistro De Paris (1st time)
Boma
Jiko
Sanaa (lunch)
Kona Cafe (breakfast, TT)
Le Cellier (1st time)

And of course loads of counter service stops, snacks, candy shops and more will be filled in-between.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
We had lunch at Sanaa recently and enjoyed it very much! I absolutely loved the bread service :slurp:

The wait staff are very good about explaining the menu, too... just in case you aren't familiar with what you're choosing from.

NiarrNDisney

Here is my 2 cents that I wrote in a previous thread.

Actually I had dinner there tonight and just added a review to the dinning page. IMO Sanna is wonderful, right up my alley since Indian food is one of my favorites. It is kind of a "fusion" dinnig experience where they fuse African and Indian + other influences to make their menu. Like a steak house the items are al la carte and once the "Merchant" explains how the menu works it is very easy to go from there. Oh and the wine list is fabulous!
All in all A+++

MaxsDad

Here is a paste from a previous post of mine:

Sanaa was a great experience. We ate at lunch, and it was nearly empty. I don’t expect it to stay this way when word gets out. Food was off the beaten path and a nice break from “Disney” Food. Quality was great, but service was even better. This restaurant offers Animal viewing from your table, as no other does on property. We had Zebras and Giraffe’s eating along with us, right outside the window beside our table. Even though I stayed at AKL for 5 nights, this was the best Animal viewing experienceI had all week! It is real cool.

I second the other's opinions regarding the bread service. My wife does not eat spicy food, and this place's Indian theme had me concerned, but the wait staff walked us through it, and she was able to get breads and spreads that she really liked a lot. Hence, I also second their remarks about the service here in general: it was superb.

Blonde Princess

We had dinner at Sanaa last week. It was wonderful. The spices and food selections were right up our alley. They even spiced up the curry, since I love hot food.

One problem we had was that we were seated at the first table. The AC was so strong the kids' menus were blowing off the table. It was freezing. They did not offer to move us until after our appetizers even though the restaurant was half empty. The manager was a pompous donkey who actually gave us a pool towel to wrap around ourselves instead of offering to move us and then he smirked when the servers actually begged him to move us saying even they were cold.

Despite his rude behavior the food was incredible. I would still return. Word to the wise dont let them seat you at the first table.

SanFrancisco

Original Poster
I'm really looking forward to the animal watching while dining. I'm just wondering if they serve anything you can actually see outside. That might be weird. :lookaroun

stevieg639

I had lunch there a couple of days ago. Get the short ribs with the chicken curry and rice. You will love it. Kinda pricey for lunch, just to let you know.

BPForever

Here is my 2 cents that I wrote in a previous thread.

Actually I had dinner there tonight and just added a review to the dinning page. IMO Sanna is wonderful, right up my alley since Indian food is one of my favorites. It is kind of a "fusion" dinnig experience where they fuse African and Indian + other influences to make their menu. Like a steak house the items are al la carte and once the "Merchant" explains how the menu works it is very easy to go from there. Oh and the wine list is fabulous!
All in all A+++

Thank you.
We can't wait to try this place. It's nice that you can actually see the animals from this restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom