San Angel Inn?

I prefer La Hacienda 100%. Always have a great time there. I mainly get a Queso Fundido's to share with my family and either share an entree for two for the family as well. Filling, and they make great drinks as well. I do not enjoy San Angel Inn, though.

mweier

We've been to San angel inn twice and loved it both times... Haven't tried la Hacienda before to compare but we enjoyed food and ambience plus quality tequila... Nice to wander over to Gran Fiesta Tour after a couple margaritas...

NearTheEars

Great ambience for sure. We went in December as part of a candlelight dinner package and had a great experience. I thought my meal was awesome, but I'm not really the best food critic.

acishere

I had the pork tenderloin in a pumpkin sauce that had a bit of spice and thought it was delicious and tasted well done for being served so quickly. The chicken mole I wasn't a big fan of. I prefer a more bitter chocolate taste to the sauce. The chips and dip were decent filler. And of course the view is beautiful and the margaritas are great. If you are fine paying $20-30 for an entree (I live in an expensive area where a lot of places get near this price, so I didn't find it that expensive), I think it is worth trying once at least.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Has anyone eaten at San Angel Inn recently? What did you think? It has such mixed reviews.

We've been eating there since it opened and it has been kind of hit or miss. Currently we'd categorize it as a definite miss since La Haceinda is just across the way. While the atmosphere and ambiance inside the step pyramid is wonderful the food isnt as good as it has been , the tables are jammed together to maximize seating, and they've got way too much sundry dressing "stuff" on top of it.

great place to take a rest out of the heat, but La Cava is as well.

DisneyJunkie

San Angel Inn used to be one of our must-dos, but it's not so much one now. The food itself, as far as the meals, were never much more than fair. But I had always found that they had probably the best dessert on property I'd ever had.....which was some kind of white chocolate mousse. I don't believe that's still there. So aside from its very cool theming, there's currently little there worth writing home about making it a place I'd highly recommend.

The Incredible Schmulk

It seems that I'm in a dwindling minority, but I think the food at San Angel is better than what's offered at La Hacienda. I find the menu to be more imaginitive and the flavors to be bolder and more balanced, on the whole. La Hacienda is nice, and the lakeside dining is location is fun, but the food is too, I don't know, normal for my tastes at those prices. Nothing on the menu would seem out of place at an On the Border. It's a better executed product, of course, but it's nothing exciting. I get that at San Angel. I just find the food to be more appealing. I'd compare it favorably with its sister restaurant in Disneyland, the Blue Bayou. Actually, I think I like San Angel better than that one, too.

Disclaimer: I haven't eaten at San Angel in over a year, and I do think it's a better lunch option than dinner option, provided that you're not there during Food & Wine.

Kevin_W

Nah. The food is not impressive and severely overpriced even for WS/Epcot. But if you want ambiance go for it

My opinion exactly. We hadn't tried since 1996 but went back a few weeks ago. It was okay, an dcertainly not a bad meal. But about 2x the price and slightly lower quality that what I can get near home. But the ambiance was great.

belledream

I was there two years ago and enjoyed my meal. Was it the best meal I've ever had? No. But was it good? Yes! The whole experience makes it a favorite, and I'm returning this year.

seahawk7

We went in early June and liked it. We got a table next to the water so you could see the boats going by. Just being able to sit and see the ride and its backdrop reminded me a little of the Garden Grill and being able to watch that ride as you ate. So I liked the atmosphere and it was relaxing and cool. Depending on what you order, the food can be reasonable. I'm going to book it again.

Baldy

We've have found the food quality to be inconsistent, but have never had a really bad experience there. This past summer, it was actually one of our top 3 favourite meals of the trip.

PROS: Ambience - especially near the water
CONS: dark, tables are close together, slow service (in our experience)

RubyLee

I ate there in March and had a great time. The service can be kinda slow but we had a great waitress that was speedy and very personable.

I had the Tostadas de Tinga which was very good. As others have said, you can't beat the atmosphere & it's a great spot to get out of the sun for a bit!

tigger1968

It's been several years since I dined there...and at that time I thought the food was pretty good, and the atmosphere was amazing. We were down for my first trip in about 5 years last year for F&W and a DCL cruise, and got to try the Hacienda for the first time since it's redo and really liked the food. I thought it was a nice step up from the original fare. I'm keen to try the San Angel Inn again, mostly to experience the really great atmosphere of the restaurant. I think it's like many restaurants at WDW, you are going for the experience more than for the food. Ugh...I hate that I feel like I just settled somehow...lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom