San Angel Inn

fredtom

San Angel Inn is one of our favorite WDW restaurants and it's always on the must-do list for DW and me. Please see above photo.

You have to realize it's not Tex-Mex, American Southwest cuisine or the chain type stuff most people are used to. It's a Mexico City based restaurant, which is different. Nachos are something that don't even exist there, but were added to SAI's menu to accommodate the masses. My favorite dish from there is the Mole Poblano, and we always enjoy the fantastic Margaritas. Our food has always been spicy and we've always had excellent and speedy service.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
love it. have done this the last three times. have taken a few others with us the last 2 trips. we have never had a bad experience there

wolf359

It is a must do restaurant for me too. I love the atmosphere and the food and I also love the fact so many people give it such terrible reviews. It just makes it that much easier for me to get a table.

baymenxpac

love the atmosphere, the food is good, but the service is WAY too fast (i won't get into the spottiness of the server friendliness/effectiness, because that can vary in any restaurant). i've had my table turned over in as little as 25 minutes there, which is ridiculous. this past summer, our entrees came while we still had appetizers on the table. i'm sorry, but that's insane. if i'm paying for a sit down, relaxing experience, i shouldn't feel like you're throwing food at me as fast as you can to get me out of there.

when eating there in the future, i'd order apps, keep the menus and "mull over" our entree choice, then order entree to force the service to slow.

ddbowdoin

hit or miss... I had a great experience, we made reservations and I asked if we could sit near the ride. I was told at first that there was no seating available... I then explained to the manager that I had just got engaged, he must have been impressed when he heard perfect spanish coming from my leprechaun face. Needless to say, we got the seat...

and the food is pretty good, its not that expensive either... sub 30 is good by me

wolf359

when eating there in the future, i'd order apps, keep the menus and "mull over" our entree choice, then order entree to force the service to slow.

I think that's great advice for any restaurant where you'd like a more leisurely meal.

Table service in the theme parks especially have to contend with some guests wanting faster service (so they can cram in more attractions) and some wanting slower service (to have a relaxing meal), and neither group seems too happy when they don't get whichever speed they wanted.

I think the pacing of your order is the one clear sign to your server what speed of service you're looking for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom