Same price - less hours - no after dark magic

Trackmaster

Apparently business in not "booming". Disneyland is not open, the overseas parks continue to fluctuate with openings/closures, and the cruise line is suspended, some cruises until Feb. 2022.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/11/coronavirus-hurt-theme-parks-costing-disney-2point6-billion.html

Let's just say "demand for theme parks" is booming. Maybe you haven't gone lately? July and August were great. Its been incredibly incredibly pretty much since October.

BTW, Disney actually IS doing pretty well as a company now. Stock price is actually higher than pre-Covid. One word for you: Disney+

drizgirl

Let's just say "demand for theme parks" is booming. Maybe you haven't gone lately? July and August were great. Its been incredibly incredibly pretty much since October.

BTW, Disney actually IS doing pretty well as a company now. Stock price is actually higher than pre-Covid. One word for you: Disney+
Won't stop them from trying all sorts of crazy stuff to recoup as much of their loss as possible.

They won't say "Streaming is booming, let's not worry about those theme park losses!"

NickMaio

Anyone else feel a way about the park prices being the same but the hours being reduced? My wife and I are heading back in April and most of the parks won’t even be open past dark. I see the hours have slowly been extended over the past few weeks but I can’t assume that will be the same in April. I just wish I could see Pandora at night and enjoy a few extra hours at Epcot.

fingers crossed they’ll continue extending the hours and maybe even further than they have already. Magic Kingdom after 7pm please!
Its the WDW way. They would never drop prices, even during this pandemic when so much less is offered.
Dark is our favourite time in all of the parks.
As long as the operating hours are cut so much we won't be going back.
Its crummy.

NickMaio

Stock price has absolutely nothing to do with how a company us doing.....financially. sure they can be tied but you can not make a correlation that the stick price us up so they must be doing great.
I bet for their next quarter WDW will post another loss.
Too much is not operating revenue, Disney plus will not be enough.

Disney+ is not part of the Parks division. Just because one park is booming doesn't mean this sector is booming. One park does not make up for them all.

aliceismad

When I was looking at the calendar yesterday, I noticed that hours for March have been extended on some nights (most noticeably MK on weekends), but April and May are still showing 6 pm close. I suspect Disney is underpromising and will adjust hours as we get nearer to those months.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

D+ is still a loss and will likely be a loss for several more quarters. And hundreds if not thousands of stocks are higher now than pre-Covid for absolutely no reason, so saying Disney stock is higher proves nothing. I’m sure the Bob’s are enjoying the higher stock price, though, that’s all that matters.

Rumrunner

Its the WDW way. They would never drop prices, even during this pandemic when so much less is offered.
Dark is our favourite time in all of the parks.
As long as the operating hours are cut so much we won't be going back.
Its crummy.
We will absolutely not be going back with early closing hours-it is a no brainer for my family-3 generations and 12 people. The Disney wokeness is also keeping us away.

Buck Wheelie

Disney lost a lot of money over the last year so they are cutting back everywhere. If you want to continue to visit Disney everyone will need to get used to spending the same or more for less. No ME, EMH, luggage delivery, etc.

Lilofan

Disney lost a lot of money over the last year so they are cutting back everywhere. If you want to continue to visit Disney everyone will need to get used to spending the same or more for less. No ME, EMH, luggage delivery, etc.
Cutting back could have saved more cast members from being laid off. That's not only in Disney.

Buck Wheelie

Cutting back could have saved more cast members from being laid off. That's not only in Disney.
Cutting back can also drive future customers away delaying the rebound in business. I doubt anything Disney has done had anything to do with saving jobs unless its the jobs of the executives.

Lilofan

Cutting back can also drive future customers away delaying the rebound in business. I doubt anything Disney has done had anything to do with saving jobs unless its the jobs of the executives.
Have you ever heard of other businesses cutting back on offerings/ expenses/ budgets to spare more layoffs. Disney is not the first and certainly will not be the last.

Buck Wheelie

You're being argumentative for no apparent reason. Yes, businesses don't exist solely for the purpose of employing people, but they can't exist without them. Fewer employees equal fewer offerings. They made the hard decisions on what they could cut and remain viable. If you want a seat at that table to make the decisions it will be pretty expensive, but possible.
Disney laid off thousands of people but most of them were non-skilled labor that are easy to replace. I don't know if you read the post but the point is that Disney has eliminated a lot of services that are important to guests. Prices are not going down so guest have to decide if going to Disney is still worth it. In the end the consumers will vote with their wallet. Disney has always been special for a lot of reason. Some call it magical. If they remove things that make it "magical" will people still come or will WDW be just another park like Six Flags or Cedar Point?

Dad 2 M & M

It's the new norm --have you noticed products you buy are less quantity and charge you more. Disney is not alone

This. Why is it happening? Because people are stupid.
Scarcity might be part of the return in today's new norm.

People did without Disney for a while and had to (past tense) and have to (current) go back. Other products, such as toilet paper, fresh meats, etc.... have went up in price have went up in price, or at least haven't been on those blue light sales for quite some time...

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Disney laid off thousands of people but most of them were non-skilled labor that are easy to replace. I don't know if you read the post but the point is that Disney has eliminated a lot of services that are important to guests. Prices are not going down so guest have to decide if going to Disney is still worth it. In the end the consumers will vote with their wallet. Disney has always been special for a lot of reason. Some call it magical. If they remove things that make it "magical" will people still come or will WDW be just another park like Six Flags or Cedar Point?

Your labor classification is quite a bit off. The competition of being a regular cast member is high, that's one of the items that keep the hourly remuneration lower. Each labor market is different. If you've been in a dark box for the past year, there has been a disruption in the supply chains and government-imposed restrictions on what can be open and what can be closed. You need to adjust to present conditions vs what was. If you live in an area where dining is available you would see fewer items on the menus at greater prices as they also are dealing with the new reality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom