Salons at WDW Resorts

Hi Everyone :wave:
I was wondering has anyone gone to the Salon at Coronado Resort or Animal Kingdom Lodge or any of the WDW Resorts.

I will be staying at Coronado in May and was thinking about making a hair and nail appointment for my 1st Anniversary Celebration.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much, have a Magical Day Now.:)
~Tinkerchelli~ (PS I posted this on my blog also)

DisneyPrincess5

Hi Everyone :wave:
I was wondering has anyone gone to the Salon at Coronado Resort or Animal Kingdom Lodge or any of the WDW Resorts.

I will be staying at Coronado in May and was thinking about making a hair and nail appointment for my 1st Anniversary Celebration.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much, have a Magical Day Now.:)
~Tinkerchelli~ (PS I posted this on my blog also)

Hi friend!
As far as I know, there is the Ivy Trellis at the Grand Floridian and Casa de Belleza at Coronado. There are probably others on property though.

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

I haven't been to either of those- but I have gone to the ones at the Floridian, Contemporary, and the Dolphin.

I got a cut at the Floridian- I was very satisfied. Although looking like a drowned rat in the middle of a hoity-toity hotel felt awkward!

At the Contemporary (on the floor with the health club) I had a perm/cut. I was very unhappy with the perm. It was fine when I was there- but didn't last more than a month or so.

My best service was at the salon at the Dolphin. I really enjoyed the staff that worked there. I had a hair cut and a manicure. I was very pleased.

I do know that there is also a salon in the Beach Club. (over by Beaches and Cream.) That's on my to do list!

Good luck and Happy Anniversay!!!!:)

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

I get a massage every year at the CSR; I've only done my nails (manicure and pedicure) once while there (this is because I get them done at home before I go by the gal who has been doing them for 10 years now). They are a little high (what isn't) in price for nails, but if it will make you feel special on your 1st anniversary, go for it!

Upvote 0

Elenadc

When I was down with my family in '06 we all went to the salon at Coronado Springs one morning. It was great. I got a wonderful haircut and everyone else got manicures. We all loved it, and the CMs working there were very friendly. It was a great experience, and relaxing too, which was nice on our hectic vacation.

Upvote 0

TinkerChelli

Original Poster
Hum thanks for all your input...I really appreciate it. Now I am wondering if I should go and get my hair trimmed up and a color, didn't think about the part being right there in the Middle Of Grand Floridian 2nd Floor no less there are stores right there "The White Basin" is one that right next store. Ughh...Now I don't know what to do, get my hair done here in NJ at a new Salon or keep my appointment at the GF????
I did get two massages last trip down my hubby was so sweet to do this for us. We had them done at AKL they were wonderful I never in my life had a massage and the one at AKL was wonderful. We will be doing that again on this trip as well. We got the 20 min massage I believe it was and I was like rubber when I came out of there hehe.
Thanks again to all my friends here for the info. :) :sohappy:

Upvote 0

stlbobby

This may not apply to a Tink type girl, but you might be travelling with someone. There is a barber shop on Mianstreet USA in the MK. It is a great place for a cut (you can see the results on my avatar).

It is a barber shop, but I have seen women and girls served. They are especially great for a first haircut. They put the kids at ease, make it special, and provide a keepsake for the locks.

If your there for anytime at all the barbershop quartet will come and serenade you.

It is also surprisingly affordable. Last time I went it was only $14, less than I pay at a chain at home.

One of my favorite memories is watching a little girl with long blond hair get her first real hair cut in preparation for the BBB. She was extremely concerned that the BBB had shoes. She wanted princess shoes, and was determine she would get them.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

One of my favorite memories is watching a little girl with long blond hair get her first real hair cut in preparation for the BBB. She was extremely concerned that the BBB had shoes. She wanted princess shoes, and was determine she would get them.
The shoe-obsession begins!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom