Sad sad news redux

macefamily

David, so sorry to hear about your mother. Your tribute is one of a loving, caring son. You made me think of my father's final two weeks. He was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and all he wanted was to be home. My wife, Kelly, is a home care therapist and she had her company set up my dad's living room with all of the medical amenities needed to keep my dad comfortable. For two weeks, we all were with him. My best friend who was always around and causing trouble with me knew my dad well. The one afternoon he dropped by and we sat with my dad for two hours just talking about old shenanigans. We have some GREAT stories. I looked at my dad who was sitting up in his bed, smiling. I asked, "What are you smiling about ?" He responded, "I love hearing you two boys tell your stories." (I was 48 at the time). It was a beautiful moment.
Take care of your family David, and be there for them.

rsoxguy

Hello David. I don't believe that words can properly express my sorrow and grief over your loss. I have not been on this forum for a very long time, but I just happened to check on something today, and I read of your mother's illness and passing. Your mother and I conversed through private messages for several years. Time and tide have a way of changing our course in life, and my life has changed in such a way that I stopped attending WDW and consequently did not come to this forum. I checked the PM thread on which your mother and I conversed. She last sent me a goodbye message on the 25th of last month. A short time ago she sent me one stating that she thought of me as someone akin to a brother. It humbled me greatly to read her words just a few minutes ago. I truly wish that I had been around to speak to her as she faced each challenge over the past months, but life's rules include the inability to change the choices that we make. She knew of the circumstances that caused me to move on and I trust that we'll meet each other face to face one day in a far better state.

Your mother spoke to me of her family often, and at times included photos. Every one of you were the light of her life and I trust that you will all find a great deal of comfort and strength in the coming days. We often use the term "rest in peace", but knowing of your mother's faith, I believe that she died in peace as well. Please tell your father that I send him my deapest sympathy and condolences. We never met or spoke, but your mother mentioned him so often that I feel as though I know him, in a sense.

I'm truly sorry for your loss David. I will close by telling you what your mother would have expected me to say. "The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: the Lord make his face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: the Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace." (Num. 6: 24-26)

DisneyGigi

I am so very sorry for your loss. Your mother was so very kind to me, years ago when I first joined this board. (She even gave me math advice for my then struggling 9th grader) Over the years, I didn’t post as much on the chit chat threads but will always remember how sweet she was and how much she loved her family. Much love and many prayers to you and your family. She will be missed. ❤️

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I hope your memories keep the best of her with you at all times.
It’s an unrelated coincidence that she passed at the EXACT date and time of my wedding anniversary...which was in Epcot. Both my parents had aggressive cancer prior and never saw it.
Circle of life.

Condolences and be well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom