SAD NEWS...

yensid67

Just received a text from my friend that says she won't be able to go on our May 2018 trip! :-( I am HOPING that we postpone until later in the year, but we may have to cancel all together!? If I do have to cancel, I will be upset but will take it like a man...huddled in the corner in the fetal position, crying! LOL! I just hope I can get MOST of my prepaid cash back!(train, rental car, hotel)

yensid67

Original Poster
Just got conformation that the TRIP IS OFF! I am sad, upset this was to be a trip to celebrate my 50th Birthday and now its not happening....maybe I didn't even turn 50 !? I will get full refunds...I already checked! I have a 3 Day WDW ticket that I would like to sell. I purchased through Disney, wonder if they would buy it back!?

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Still TRYING to salvage the trip and shorten it to make it better affordable, but doesn't look good!

BTW about the ticket...NONFUNDABLE BUT you can use it later as a credit! This was my last time going to Disney, I don't need a ticket!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Still TRYING to salvage the trip and shorten it to make it better affordable, but doesn't look good!

BTW about the ticket...NONFUNDABLE BUT you can use it later as a credit! This was my last time going to Disney, I don't need a ticket!

Why was this going to be your last trip? That in itself is sad. Sorry it's off.

Why not either see if someone else can go, or consider a solo trip?

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Last trip because this was going to be my 50th Birthday Trip, its getting too expensive for a person on a limited income...it took years to save just for the tickets, hotel, rental car and train!

A solo trip is no fun, and there aren't too many people I would want to go with!

But its OK, once I get my monies back, I am going to buy myself a nice BIG 32" TV to use as a computer monitor! Happy Birthday to me!

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Awww shucks. I hate seeing trips get cancelled. Hope you can find a way....
Nope noting in the works...just applied for all my refunds so I will be getting back a NICE chunk of change! Time to splurge and buy me something nice...32" TV for Computer monitor!!!!!

Upvote 0

GVentola

I've had worse luck. I booked a trip to Las Vegas a couple of years ago; bought most everything in advance. Then I get on the plane and trip and hurt my leg so that I cannot walk. I didn't realize it until the flight (to a Minnesota hub) took off. When I got to Minnesota, I decided to turn around and go home instead of catching the Vegas flight. Could not get my doctor or the local clinic to examine my leg for refund purposes and ended up losing over six hundred dollars. I did get some credits from Delta Airlines that helped me book a flight to San Antonio next year.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

I'm so sorry.

My 50th to WDW was cancelled thanks to Hurricane Matthew. I was able to reschedule for the next year, though. It took me 51 years, but I finally got to hug Eeyore on my birthday.

Never say never. Faith, trust and pixie dust!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Nope noting in the works...just applied for all my refunds so I will be getting back a NICE chunk of change! Time to splurge and buy me something nice...32" TV for Computer monitor!!!!!

:(:(:( Hope you can still find an enjoyable way to celebrate your 50th when the day comes.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
50th birthday has already come and gone...I am working on 51st birthday. I was just going to celebrate 50th last May, then October then December and then May 2018. But I am OK with how things are happening! I am only going to be out $63.00 from all the prepaid, so I am happy about that!

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
OMG! GREAT NEWS! We are NOT cancelling the trip! We are going to salvage it as much as we can. We will decrease our days, while only doing what we ABSOLUTELY MUST DO! to save money. We are looking at sometime this year, between now and September OR next year!

Just thought I would update you! Now its back to planning again! Yay! But won't know anything until around April or May!

Upvote 0

DisneyDaver

OMG! GREAT NEWS! We are NOT cancelling the trip! We are going to salvage it as much as we can. We will decrease our days, while only doing what we ABSOLUTELY MUST DO! to save money. We are looking at sometime this year, between now and September OR next year!

Just thought I would update you! Now its back to planning again! Yay! But won't know anything until around April or May!

Awesome! I don't know your friend but I was mad at her for ruining your trip!

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
yeah I thought I was mad, but she was even madder when I got to finally talk to her. We are looking at August or September or next year if we have to postpone it from there!

(Hey Dave, I'll give you her address and you can go rough her up! LOL)

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
We are shooting for August 5-12...if we can't make that work, we will reschedule for 2019! BUT WE ARE GOING THIS TIME, I SWEAR! LOL!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom