Sad Haunted Mansion

Monorail_Orange

As stated earlier in the thread about Madame Leota being stationary, I got to ride earlier this week, and noticed that she was indeed stationary back on the stand. My last trip to the swamps before this was in February, and I remember her crystal ball still floating then. I really hope this isn't another example of just letting a broken effect go instead of fixing it. Anyone have more info?

zengoth

What's sad ,imo, is that nearly 50 years has gone by and TWDC has not cared to rethink the cattle-stall like queue experience tween stretching room and omnimover load.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Has anyone else felt like the stretch room starts stretching before the doors are closed? The audio was half over last time I went through as I got in.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Stationary makes way more sense. That's actually an improvement

Agreed. Now if they can just cast a new ball; one that has a "subtle" glow to it with help from a pin spot blacklight so the crystal ball's shape is more apparent. My armchair imagined Leota Ball would be about 90% translucent, nearly clear but with a hint of fluorescent glow paint added with accents of painted ethereal swirls. The base on which Leota sits would then slowly rotate this new outer globe giving the impression that glowing wisps of fog are swirling around inside it. The scene would then be enhanced by having the spirit table wobble as if hovering in place. Lastly throw in new ambient surround sounds of wind circling around us.

Disone

Must have been an error. It was packed like sardines also, may have had something to do with it.
It is an error but also happens more frequently than I would like. I've had it happen to me quite a few times and on my June 30th visit, it happened.
To me that is a problem. The stretch rooms at Walt Disney World are on a timer. They seem to do the show regardless of what's going on. Unlike Disneyland where it's an elevator and the cast member actually sends it, plus the the stretch show cannot start until the doors are literally closed because it's an elevator. Disney World's are not and will continue regardless of what is happening. I've also seen it happen where both doors are open at the same time. Although that second scenario is not nearly as frequent and I have not experienced it recently.

As far as overall condition I found the Mansion to be in good shape. Aside from the..... error, of the stretching room doors being open when the room began to stretch, I found the sound to be fixed in the stretching room. Most affects were working except for Madame Leota was stationary on the table, and a few of the pop-up heads in the graveyard scene did not pop up but some did. It could have been timing. That said there were no issues that I would consider show stop issues.

Last edited:

Phonedave

My family has reduced our trips from about twice a year to once every other year. It's not just park maintenance, it's part of a larger issue that includes MyMagic+, how the parks now handle crowds, how much time I'm spending in line vs enjoying attractions/having fun, reinvestment in new attractions, live entertainment, fewer special extras "Magical moments", shorter park hours, no nighttime Magic Kingdom parade, etc.

I doubt Disney is missing our $$$ too much. But at least I can say I'm trying to do my part, to hold Disney to the high standards I expect.

This is why we are making our next family trip to DL. It may be years before we get there, but we're not going back to the FL parks for the prices they charge.Their splash mountain has everything working and actually gets you wet. They have many more single rider lines. Their HM is pristine as is their PotC, and their Tiki Room.
I've seen videos of the Guardians of The Galaxy ride. That's a shame. WDW's Tower has always been far superior anyway, but now we need to worry about them ruining that, too.

We no longer go as much as we used to as well. It seems too "scheduled" now. Mayeb it is just me, but it also seems a LOT more crowded. We also spend very little on mech lately.

We were on HM last week and Leota was still stationary, the stretch rooms started before the doors closed, and we sat in the graveyard for about 10 minutes - long enough for the sound and effects to be turned off.

-dave

KraftServices

The cars go faster than they did in the 1970's, that's true! They also used to only stop the ride for wheelchairs/disabled guests once every hour (or once every thirty minutes.. I forget). Now, they stop the ride every time it is needed... Has anyone even ridden Mansion in the last five years and not had the ride stopped at least twice a ride because of this? There is no show... If there was show quality, people wouldn't be in the gift shops at much. It's about how many mickey dolls they sell and hourly cattle-herding-like numbers... and that's IT.

One of the last times I was on it stopped like 10 times. I can't say for sure it was always to let a handicapped guest on, but it's so annoying. Especially when it stops as you're exiting the attic. Sitting backwards at a 45 degree angle for a long time is very uncomfortable. And you don't even have anything to look at in that position.

Would it help if people started complaining to guest relations about this kind of thing, poor show and whatnot? I don't mean complaining about letting wheelchair-bound guests on the ride, more stuff that OP was talking about.

Chef Mickey

I've noticed a lot more bodies in the stretching rooms than years before.

Does anyone know if the CMs outside do a head count as they're letting people in? Has that number gone up?
They don't do a head count, it's visual. There are Cast Members who do a good job managing flow and some that do a poor job, particularly in The Haunted Mansion.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Pro tip: If the ride INSTANTLY plays the safety spiel once the ride stops, it's an automatic stop that was not caused by someone at the load or unload area. If the ride takes even a second to play the spiel, it's usually be stopped for a guest getting on/off.

Yes- there are sensors and such that'll immediately halt the ride if tripped. Even for people dumping ashes over the side of their buggy. (Gross). I still don't think people get that- I've watched several instances of people leaning out and that ride stopped- it happened specifically in the cemetery when someone reached out to touch a tombstone. Or are there cast members throughout the ride watching out for idiots?

I really just don't understand people sometimes. Why can't they keep their paws off?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom