Russians

jt04

Original Poster
OK, Jim Hill reports (I know, I know) that serious consideration is being given to adding the long rumored Russia pavillion to WS. Anyone confirm?

DisneyMusician2

Will we get a nuclear missle silo?

And maybe the ride can be something about selling your nuke on the black market....:)

In all seriousness, l would be happy to see a new pavillion go up in Epcot, and Russia is certainly a large and influential country culturally and historically. It deserves a place in the showcase.

wickedfan07

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought we'd be talking about a sudden influx in Russian tourists to WDW or something as if the second week in January had become "Russians Week"...we already have Jersey Week.

As for the rumor...I think I need to stop reading rumors and start really trying to enjoy what we have. So many rumors are on a cycle...when you think they're dead, they come back as over inflated zombies. Not worth the trouble. Russia would be interesting, though.

WildcatDen

Russia would be a great addition. The architecture is awesome. They could even set up a Missile Shield around the other countries. . .

I suppose Israel would be out of the question? If it could be built, then it would make sense to move the Candlelight processional. . . :lookaroun

Craig & Lisa

This would make my wife very happy. In 1990 she was an exchange teacher, she went to Russia just after the coup attempt and was able to go. She was in a city called, now bear with me I have to spell it in a way that it sounds, Chelyalbinsk. It's about 1,000 miles SW of Moscow on the eastern side of the Ural Mtns. On the boarder of Siberia. It was Oct. so it really wasn't cold. She was there for almost 3 weeks and had a wonderful time and came back with a suitcase full of local items, pretty much all hand made.Then a month later her counterpart stayed with us. So she would be able to tell if the items at the Pavillion are true representations of the country.

Eyorefan

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought we'd be talking about a sudden influx in Russian tourists to WDW or something as if the second week in January had become "Russians Week"...we already have Jersey Week.

I thought the same thing. I was expecting to see something about a new program where Russian students get to invade Disney much like the Brazilans seem to.

As for the new pavillion, if true, I think it would be awesome.

kcnole

I'm ready for anything new in World Showcase, especially if its as grandiose as this design seems to be with a theatre show and a ride possibly? I would be very very happy with a Russian pavilion. The idea behind World Showcase was never supposed to be just about countries we liked (although thats about how it came out) but that through human intervention and communication the world could be united. Its still a goal that the optimistic part of my heart holds for.

maelstrom

I would be really excited to see a Russian pavilion finally. St. Basil's would look absolutely amazing on the World Showcase skyline.

shoppingnut

I'm ready for anything new in World Showcase, especially if its as grandiose as this design seems to be with a theatre show and a ride possibly? I would be very very happy with a Russian pavilion. The idea behind World Showcase was never supposed to be just about countries we liked (although thats about how it came out) but that through human intervention and communication the world could be united. Its still a goal that the optimistic part of my heart holds for.

In reality it wasn't about countries we liked, it was about countries financially supporting the pavillion. There were many countries that disney tried to persuade to come, such as Israel and Iran.

tomm4004

I hope it happens, but I won't be Putin any money down on it.

St. Petersburg is a beautiful city. I hope the pavilion reflects some of it.

We took our tour bus into Red Square one night to have someone's birthday party (1997). The police did not looked impressed, but they left us alone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom