Trip Report Running from the rain: A two Goofs TR.*COMPLETE*

Hello again my friends and fellow magicians. It’s me Loco, here with another TR from February 2020. Lets get you filled in on some trip details, shall we?

Who: Myself and my much better half, my wife A.
9A1C1898-9B7D-4E90-8EDD-1F114CC83110.jpeg

Bonus points to anyone who can tell me where this very old picture was taken.

Where: Old key west resort studio, located somewhere near Tampa I believe. More on that later.

When: February 19-22, princess half weekend. We were not participating in any of those events though!

Why: A was free for a few days, I was free for a few days, why not?

Just a bit of background.

Things at home have been very stressful for us for the last month or so. Things at my job are changing quickly, and not necessarily for the better(this seems to be an issue with many people recently). Needless to say I’ve been in dire need of a getaway.

The weather in our neck of the woods has also really been crummy lately. It hasn’t been overly cold, but it just won’t stop raining! It has rained nearly every day since about mid January, with the exception of one brilliant weekend of super bowl Sunday. We were ever hopeful we’d be able to catch some Florida sunshine!

We originally had pop century booked for this trip. However, after joining DVC last December, and after many attempts, I was able to get a relatively last minute reservation at OKW using our points instead. Neither of us had ever stayed here, and were interested to see how we’d like it.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Ha! My husband (lived in TX all his life) says the same thing all the time.
I’m sure there’s good Mexican food other places, but it’s harder to find(have you tried the swill they serve at San angel inn?). But here it’s just everywhere! It’s hard to find a bad Mexican restaurant here! Same generally applies for NM and AZ. I’ve never been to California, but my mother was raised in Southern California, and claims the Mexican food there, while different, is very good as well.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
February 22.

Our departure day. We slept in until 8, and got up to finish packing. Bell services came to give us a ride with our luggage to hospitality house. We checked in for our flight, and left our carryons with bell services. A MK bus pulled up just as we finished our business, and we were off to MK much quicker than expected.

We were on Main Street just a few minutes after the park opened. We headed toward Tomorrowland first. It was very quiet this morning.
A4A7C716-2E4D-4448-A49B-ED5E08E98D11.jpeg

It was still a bit chilly, but the sun had returned!
EEB522DF-304E-47EC-AF28-E06193687BB9.jpeg

The cosmetic work continues in Tomorrowland.

We made a beeline for one of our must do attractions that we had yet to do.
2D2BC650-B5A1-4863-B72A-88E3F2D6589C.jpeg

Gotta keep your priorities straight at RD

178BC891-5266-4628-8E23-6DA94157AD3C.jpeg

The indoor roller coaster with a futuristic theme being built directly next to the indoor roller coaster with a futuristic theme. But hey, it’s based on a highly successful IP right? RIGHT?!

9C82BF18-0302-4D31-90B4-D66D298345FD.jpeg

This was the hoodie we ended up having to buy the night before. At least it got a few more hours of use this morning.

7348B3FE-003E-4D42-B997-4D2B412A25F6.jpeg

The park was strangely quiet. Don’t worry, it wouldn’t last!

It was time for FP number one. Luckily we were already in the neighborhood.
EDFDDE5D-9F10-49CA-B47F-58216A14EFE2.jpeg

A784A2D3-370B-48F9-BBF3-0377FC3536FC.jpeg

We hadn’t done space mountain since our trip last June. If splash hadn’t been down for refurb, we probably wouldn’t have done this trip either. We were seated on the omega side.

92D2B875-9BA2-478A-A353-BCCAB948F073.jpeg

Definitely not “nailing it”. The ride didn’t feel as rough as our last time. This is also the first time we’ve been on omega side in forever. Maybe there’s a difference? Either way I’m in no real rush to get back on space mountain.

We decided to finish off Tomorrowland with monsters inc.
BF6C57C8-B7A7-43C6-864F-0099537123D1.jpeg

Poor tiny forky’s face was just about gone! Our showing at monsters inc was really funny! All of the audience participants were really into it. The woman who was picked to have her “mind read”, did not speak English as her primary language. The actors really had fun with that, and she seemed to be a good sport about it!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
February 22 continued.

We left the land of tomorrow for the land of fantasy. Mermaid was a walk on, so of course we headed unda da sea.
0937248C-619D-4E3A-9A26-C3E48524CB6B.jpeg

It was a beautiful day!

7EF26987-97B1-4AA8-AFC8-8B13D8D1A2AD.jpeg

The queue for this attraction is really great, luckily the we walked through it without stopping.

3FBE3A36-F6B4-4C98-B0CF-2D06179BFFAB.jpeg

Back to back buffet dinners had me feeling like this fish!

After mermaid we must’ve ended up in the hub. Judging by the location of this picture, I’m guessing a bathroom break was involved.
5A47247B-7071-4BBE-99AB-92A31E9FCD2E.jpeg

Not a cloud in the sky and 70 degrees, a far cry from the day before.

FP window number two was open, so off to Frontierland we went.
ED6359B7-B561-46FD-AC22-12FA876F04ED.jpeg

A few people still had jackets on. They must’ve been burning up!

180E5F17-A9E4-4DF8-9FCD-30C33535448B.jpeg

One downside of visiting in the winter.

E49D9AB2-D294-4890-93B0-0B428CC9E051.jpeg

We finally got to take the wildest ride in the wilderness! We were seated in row number one. It was a blast of course, but I still prefer the back row.
B40B56A6-A381-47CF-A2C3-8143CF83C5DB.jpeg

There was a PP photographer near the exit.
E8918972-1282-4352-8139-90953E16EFBF.jpeg

We would’ve liked to have been able to ride the day before, but were glad to have gotten one ride in this trip.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
February 22 continued.

Our final FP for the trip was located in Adventureland.
E322FDB9-0687-4A0E-8601-6936D9956D60.jpeg

There was a sky writer out. Probably writing “Jungle Cruise”. Maybe. Our skipper, Cassie, was phenomenal. Her sense of humor was very deadpan, and she never broke from that. Some of us really appreciated it.

After JC it was time for a snack. Where else would we go?
F4ACE10D-40BA-4903-9BF4-86533896A5CE.jpeg

A photo for my friend @Darstarr. This was delicious as always.

Crowds had really swelled around this time. I couldn’t find any FPs for any time we’d be able to use them. We decided to try and finish our sorcerers of the magic kingdom game instead. We ended up crisscrossing between fantasyland and Frontierland a few times.

CAAD4737-7E30-4358-B425-CDF25E113552.jpeg

Some of the new gold accents were already being installed for the castle makeover.

F67BDF57-40F5-425C-BC59-020B56F16ABB.jpeg

We had fun going around playing the game, and even met a few new people who are super into it. It was a great way to spend time in the parks without having to do any attractions.

We eventually decided it was time to escape the crowds, and head out. We stopped by a surprisingly quiet emporium to pick up a few souvenirs for the family.

We bid the Magic Kingdom goodbye for the next several months.
B95304D1-093A-41CE-BE9D-F6B29112D628.jpeg

Sadly, we have no plans to be back until September. We do have plans to visit another kingdom out west during that time though, so all isn’t lost!

We arrived at OKW with quite a bit of time before our TE pickup time. We grabbed a bite at Goods food to go and enjoyed the sunshine for a while.

We played several rounds of bag toss to pass the time.At some point a familiar looking man and his mother walked by and said hello before going to rest on a bench. Eventually my mind put it together and I realized it was Pete Werner from the DIS! He was staying at OKW with his mom before going on a cruise the next day, and they were waiting on their room. We chatted for quite a while with them. Pete was super nice, and I could tell he really does love Disney, and what he does for a living. His mother was an absolute sweetheart!

We eventually said our goodbyes to our new friends, and hopped on a DS boat. We had absolutely no interest in visiting the springs, but it was a good way to kill the time, and who doesn’t love a nice boat ride?

Disney Springs was swamped as usual. I have still not found the appeal with this place, but it seems to be wildly popular. I guess I’m just a curmudgeon.
B82ABB38-F586-4816-86CC-C52F626D5AE2.jpeg

A really liked this LEGO orange bird wall.

We quickly made our way back to the boat dock, and a OKW boat arrived quickly.
3FC1B5CF-2D04-49EE-A8FD-C66664E45FA8.jpeg

#Shirleystatus for our boat ride back! It was very relaxing, and a nice way to finish a pretty hectic trip.

We arrived at OKW with enough time to retrieve our bags, and freshen up a bit before our ride to MCO arrived.
13BE649A-C9E1-4706-ADCA-986F8A46BC1C.jpeg

This was not our bus. He was just dropping off a few lucky people. Ours pulled in directly behind it though. We were the last pickup, and we got the final two empty seats way in the back next to the bathroom.

We made it to MCO way early, which turned out to be a good thing, because security was crazy! It took us over an hour to make it through. We had just enough time to grab a jersey Mikes sub(how sad is the terminal one food selection?) and get to our gate. Our plane boarded a little early, but took off exactly on time. Due to the unusually early boarding(and likely the insane security waits) we ended up being some of the first people on the plane. We snagged the super roomy from row for ourselves, and had a very pleasant flight home. One advantage of flying SW back to Dallas is that it’s the home base for many of its employees, so they don’t mess around about getting home as quick as possible!
655A0A91-F4BD-424A-A5B4-4016264B5E7B.jpeg

So long Orlando. See ya in September!

We landed in Dallas a few hours later with no issues. Our luggage came out unusually fast, and soon we were headed home.

It was actually looking like I’d be driving straight to work. I work on call 24/7, and was available for call at midnight(which would’ve put me at work at 2 am), I knew this would be a possibility, and was willing to do it, but still dreaded it. Luckily a series of fortunate events occurred, and I was able to get home and get some sleep.

We pulled into the driveway around 2 am. We had another fantastic trip.

It has been a pleasure sharing our experiences from our last several trips with you guys. Thanks to everyone who commented, liked, and even lurked! I hope you’ve enjoyed it! Our next trip will be in mid July to California. We will start off in Northern California, visit Yosemite National Park, and end up at DLR for the last weekend. We’re really looking forward to that trip, and of course will be sharing it with you all as well. Until then I’ll be around, reading about everyone’s adventures, and adding my goofy comments when needed.

k8einwdw

Thank you for sharing your trip with us!

It has been a pleasure sharing our experiences from our last several trips with you guys. Thanks to everyone who commented, liked, and even lurked! I hope you’ve enjoyed it! Our next trip will be in mid July to California. We will start off in Northern California, visit Yosemite National Park, and end up at DLR for the last weekend. We’re really looking forward to that trip, and of course will be sharing it with you all as well. Until then I’ll be around, reading about everyone’s adventures, and adding my goofy comments when needed.

I can't wait to hear all about DLR! And I hope you'll share a little bit about the Northern California portion! We've talked about doing a Pacific Northwest road trip one summer, starting in Seattle and ending in San Francisco. Neither of us has been to that part of the country, and it looks so beautiful!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Another awesome TR, thanks for sharing!! And I hope you write about your non-Disney related trip adventures in July too, as it sounds like a fun trip in CA!
Thanks so much for reading! I will certainly share our non-Disney adventures for you!

No! Say it isn’t so!

(But thank you for writing your trip report)
It is sadly so. Also

Thank you for sharing your trip with us!

I can't wait to hear all about DLR! And I hope you'll share a little bit about the Northern California portion! We've talked about doing a Pacific Northwest road trip one summer, starting in Seattle and ending in San Francisco. Neither of us has been to that part of the country, and it looks so beautiful!
I’m glad you enjoyed. I’ll be sure and share plenty from our adventures in CA! Also that’s a great plan for a road trip!
I guess I am too b/c I feel the same way!!

Great TR as always!! Thanks for sharing!!
Haha, I just don’t “get” Disney springs I guess. Feels like an overpriced outdoor shopping center to me. There’s a few restaurants I’d like to try one day, but I really just don’t like having to navigate the place! Thanks for the kind words. I hope you and your family are doing ok. I know things have been crazy for you.

Unsure if you were being sarcastic or not, but I’m fairly certain the sky writer was not spelling out Jungle Cruise. 😉
Looking forward to your next report!

Of course I was being sarcastic! 😉 I’ve seen this particular sky writer’s work a few times! I look forward to sharing our next trip!

Oh no... is it over?
View attachment 454400

Thank you for sharing another fun adventure with us!
I'll be waiting for the next one, and the next one after that. :joyfull:
Yep this was a short one, but I’m always glad to share! Can I be expecting a TR from you from your upcoming trip?

Loco_driver

Original Poster
I can say with 100% honesty that that looks nasty!
I can say with 100% honesty that

I can not wait to hear about your antics out west. And remember, if you get lost pull over and ask someone. Or do what this guy does...
giphy.gif
Me get lost? Never!🤣🤣🤣

Seriously though, thanks so much for joining in on the fun, I always enjoy our banter!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom