Trip Report Running from the rain: A two Goofs TR.*COMPLETE*

Hello again my friends and fellow magicians. It’s me Loco, here with another TR from February 2020. Lets get you filled in on some trip details, shall we?

Who: Myself and my much better half, my wife A.
9A1C1898-9B7D-4E90-8EDD-1F114CC83110.jpeg

Bonus points to anyone who can tell me where this very old picture was taken.

Where: Old key west resort studio, located somewhere near Tampa I believe. More on that later.

When: February 19-22, princess half weekend. We were not participating in any of those events though!

Why: A was free for a few days, I was free for a few days, why not?

Just a bit of background.

Things at home have been very stressful for us for the last month or so. Things at my job are changing quickly, and not necessarily for the better(this seems to be an issue with many people recently). Needless to say I’ve been in dire need of a getaway.

The weather in our neck of the woods has also really been crummy lately. It hasn’t been overly cold, but it just won’t stop raining! It has rained nearly every day since about mid January, with the exception of one brilliant weekend of super bowl Sunday. We were ever hopeful we’d be able to catch some Florida sunshine!

We originally had pop century booked for this trip. However, after joining DVC last December, and after many attempts, I was able to get a relatively last minute reservation at OKW using our points instead. Neither of us had ever stayed here, and were interested to see how we’d like it.

Minnesota disney fan

Hi Loco and A, LOL!
Just catching up after your last post. Just a few thoughts about our trip following yours. There are now 3 people who don't like FOP in the world! My husband, Roger, rode it once and wasn't impressed; a one and done. I am a chicken and wouldn't ride it because I was afraid I would get sick with all the swooping and flying!
We have never played the Sorcerors game at MK either. I tried to make time the last time but it did not work out for us.
I am so glad we took our trip right before the virus started. It might have started up before we left because our plane was about half full. We had the middle seat open between us, and that's never happened before?
We weren't sick on the way home this time, but our grown daughter (picture) had a sore throat and felt bad at the end of the trip. One of us usually gets sick right before we leave for home with upper respiratory stuff. I always wonder just what we pick up at wDW each time???
I re-read your TR because I am homesick for WDW, too.
We had planned a trip out West including DLR this year, but the virus interferred. Also, My husband decided to work one more year before retiring, so we have to wait anyway. We have never been to DL and can't wait to try it out. Have you been there before?
Well, sorry for the rambling. Keep safe and hopefully all will return to normal soon:)

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Great picture of the three of you :)
Thank you!

We had planned a trip out West including DLR this year, but the virus interferred. Also, My husband decided to work one more year before retiring, so we have to wait anyway. We have never been to DL and can't wait to try it out. Have you been there before?
Well, sorry for the rambling. Keep safe and hopefully all will return to normal soon:)
We have not visited DL yet, and sadly it looks like we may have to wait yet another year. We had plans last year that we cancelled due to A’s fathers health taking a bad turn around that time. Now it is looking more and more likely the virus will spoil our plans this year.
I LOVE A GOOD BUMP!!!

giphy.gif
I figure there’s no point in making a whole new thread for no particular reason. Although I’ve come across some pictures from some past trips, so maybe I’ll do my own throwback TR, with little baby loco and baby A lol.
Glad to hear you and A are doing well. What a cute doggo!
Thanks! I hope you guys are also doing well. The doggo is named Pickle. Someone abandoned her at a local vets office. A had a friend working there who asked if we’d like to adopt her. She’s easily the best dog I have ever had. I really can’t believe someone didn’t want her!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
I’ll continue with the non-Disney theme for now. Here’s a few pictures from June 2018. Grand Canyon north rim.

85FAA8B6-A701-43C5-B013-BA78ECE522E1.jpeg

A refused to come out on this rock.
64A71F58-5E2E-4FE8-93A0-C51DE9924524.jpeg

EA9BE352-8D40-4797-BADF-12481488DDC7.jpeg

Hiking one of the trails.

078C6780-E37C-4C55-84EB-D6322FB68B6B.jpeg

Once again A was weary of the ledge.

AF68BB9A-C841-4DFA-9C3F-25BF25A44876.jpeg

The lodge has drink service on the balcony around sunset.

E0492F2D-E5C9-44D7-AA93-D2826E343FE6.jpeg

They didn’t have a very diverse selection, but it was nice to unwind after walking the trails all day.

61E05468-0416-4539-87BD-55787DC8D41E.jpeg

CF2E9C8E-5BEE-4A96-B7F6-263A1B94A4D0.jpeg

This is the rock A didn’t want to walk out on!

As for Disney trips, I have been gathering pics from multiple trips, and should be able to start a throwback TR tomorrow.

Last edited:

lindawdw

Just finished up your TR which sounded like a lot of fun! It's so nice to take quick trips like this one to WDW when you feel like you need to get away from it all. We've got a WDW trip planned for late October and early December which we're hoping will happen. Stay safe and look forward to some of your Throwback TR! :)

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Just finished up your TR which sounded like a lot of fun! It's so nice to take quick trips like this one to WDW when you feel like you need to get away from it all. We've got a WDW trip planned for late October and early December which we're hoping will happen. Stay safe and look forward to some of your Throwback TR! :)
Thanks for reading! October and early December are probably my two favorite times to visit!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Not sure how I missed this report before :banghead:

I enjoyed it thoroughly, however late!

A stay at OKW is on my want-to-do list; I've only ever visited for breakfast at Olivia's (mmmmmm banana bread french toast :hungry:) and really liked the look of the resort, which surprised me at the time.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Not sure how I missed this report before :banghead:

I enjoyed it thoroughly, however late!

A stay at OKW is on my want-to-do list; I've only ever visited for breakfast at Olivia's (mmmmmm banana bread french toast :hungry:) and really liked the look of the resort, which surprised me at the time.
We didn’t get a chance to eat at Olivia’s, but I’ve heard good things about it. OKW is a great resort! I would recommend it to anyone! Glad you enjoyed the report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom