Running a marathon in Magic Kingdom?

Jtdancy

Original Poster
A friend of mine has gotten serious about running this year. With one day left until his annual pass expired, he decided to try and run his first unofficial marathon - inside the Magic Kingdom, no less. Since his was basically just doing a very slow jog/fast walk, one of his concerns was whether cast members would call him down and make him stop. He made a short video to document the experience.

YouTube link:

deeevo

I am not sure if I should criticize this guy or applaud him. I mean he is moving quickly like I wish 90% of the people would do at MK anyway and he is running one of my favorite things to do. So I applaud him! Great job!

Jtdancy

Original Poster
The day he ran, it was a super light crowd day in the MK (a 1 of 10 according to TouringPlans, and a Not So Scary that evening). Even Main St. seemed dead for most of the day, and 7DMT was a 30 min. Standby. The CMs were definitely encouraging to him while he ran. It was probably in his favor that so few people were there and there was no congestion to speak of. Would have been much more difficult or perhaps he would have been asked to stop if it were a crowded day?

Chagnee

I saw him! I was at the Magic Kingdom on that particular day. Seriously, he passed me two times and I kept wondering if it was like some sort of candid camera thing... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom