runDisney Star Wars Events

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It would take a lot of work which I think given the current state Disney is trying to avoid. Much smaller more spread out waves of people. Spectators restricted from runner areas. The list goes on. It can be done though. Space coast is going to do it.

The issue is going to be the regular bottlenecks that are impossible to maintain any degree of social distancing - path from DHS to Boardwalk, backstage areas in Epcot, finish line, etc. I think runDisney will wait until the new year to decide if the races will be on property or switch to virtual. See how the numbers are once flu season commences and the holiday season is over.

Rteetz

With the park reservation system having just been extended, no way is rival run weekend happening now. Probably also means no Halloween party again next year. 🤷‍♀️
Not sure how that indicative of the race happening or not. The reservation system currently doesn’t even go through January 2022 and could very well go away earlier if allowed. The reservation system was already in place prior to today for April 2021.

GimpYancIent

That if they can’t have crowded parks, we can’t have packed corrals. Why is this hard to understand????????
Crowded? Packed? The running events can occur with the current levels of attendance. The "over abundance of caution" thing is being over done. The limited registration, knowing how large the corrals really are, time of the events an all the protocols, you are correct it is hard to understand. Extending the reservation window still has no impact on whether a run Disney event will occur or not.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Extending the park reservation system really has nothing to do with on-property races. The two parks that could be impacted by runners in the park at the same time as guests both now open later than normal.

And, according to a recent interview with Bob Chapek, park capacity is limited to 25%.

GimpYancIent

Extending the park reservation system really has nothing to do with on-property races. The two parks that could be impacted by runners in the park at the same time as guests both now open later than normal.

And, according to a recent interview with Bob Chapek, park capacity is limited to 25%.
Correct!

Been there / Done that. The time frame that the races occurring combined with the lateness of the parks openings, the spreading out of participants during the course of the events and lack of mingling between casual guests and race participants equals a lack of reasons the run Disney events can not occur.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Correct!

Been there / Done that. The time frame that the races occurring combined with the lateness of the parks openings, the spreading out of participants during the course of the events and lack of mingling between casual guests and race participants equals a lack of reasons the run Disney events can not occur.

To me, the only issue will be those backstage areas that have always been bottlenecks and the path from DHS over to the Boardwalk. Along with the switchbacks in Epcot and International Gateway.

GimpYancIent

To me, the only issue will be those backstage areas that have always been bottlenecks and the path from DHS over to the Boardwalk. Along with the switchbacks in Epcot and International Gateway.
Again agree. However, though there are some locations where the course does narrow or because of gates there is a brief restriction of space, to me, they are few and spread out. I never felt crowded in any way at any Disney race pre-COVID19. You want to run in a crowd do the New York City marathon, now That Is A Crowd!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom