runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend

Surferboy567

Original Poster
If you’ve been looking for a new and exciting running event, the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend at Walt Disney World Resort is for you—because it’s a completely different experience every year! You never know what to expect, except that it’s going to be fun and distinctively runDisney. Best of all, it doesn’t matter if you just laced up your first pair of running shoes or you’re a runDisney veteran who’s been around the block—literally—a few hundred times. The runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend is as much about the smiles as it is about the miles. But one thing’s for sure, you won’t want to miss this year’s event, because—surprise!—it’s going to be a whole new theme next year.

Dates: March 31, 2022 - April 3, 2022

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If you’ve been looking for a new and exciting running event, the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend at Walt Disney World Resort is for you—because it’s a completely different experience every year! You never know what to expect, except that it’s going to be fun and distinctively runDisney. Best of all, it doesn’t matter if you just laced up your first pair of running shoes or you’re a runDisney veteran who’s been around the block—literally—a few hundred times. The runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend is as much about the smiles as it is about the miles. But one thing’s for sure, you won’t want to miss this year’s event, because—surprise!—it’s going to be a whole new theme next year.

Given that race weekend includes April Fool's, I'm wondering what the theme could possibly be.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Given that race weekend includes April Fool's, I'm wondering what the theme could possibly be.
I am also thinking it MAY be parks based. You’ll notice that Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth, and Expedition Everest are all included in the artwork. Goofy is also shown in the artwork.

EDIT: Maybe the return of the Tower and Terror, and Expedition Everest?

Last edited:

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I looked up this years and was like pass... It's 83 here in NC and this is too hot and humid for me to run outside.

I am also thinking it MAY be parks based. You’ll notice that Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth, and Expedition Everest are all included in the artwork. Goofy is also shown in the artwork.

EDIT: Maybe the return of the Tower and Terror, and Expedition Everest?
That would be really cool if they had a return or blast from the past race. I'm interested in this, but the weather is concerning. Which when I ran Princess in 2020 we had wet, then cold and then normal, I'm just worried it being too hot.

LAKid53

Premium Member
That's the tip of the iceberg. Low to mid 80s degrees running is not for the weak of heart. The first week we were there in April of one year the temps were low 90 degrees daily.

It can also be in the low 70s. March-April is iffy weather in Florida.

GimpYancIent

To have a Disney run schedule at last, YES! To run on a closed course on Disney property, a lot of fun! Retheming the Star Wars Rival Run to "Springtime Surprise Weekend", Meh. I will wait and see the details but the new theme is underwhelming.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I looked up this years and was like pass... It's 83 here in NC and this is too hot and humid for me to run outside.

That would be really cool if they had a return or blast from the past race. I'm interested in this, but the weather is concerning. Which when I ran Princess in 2020 we had wet, then cold and then normal, I'm just worried it being too hot.

I've run in freezing cold Princesses and boiling hot, people passing out Princesses (2018). 2020 was certainly a strange year. Getting wet in the 5k as temperatures dropped - the wind later in the day was the worst - a chilly 10k and a more pleasant Half. I prefer mid-50s for running.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
So here is where I am in terms of this race weekend (will be doing a post for every weekend).

Out of all the weekends, this one excites me the most. Since we have no info on the theming I don’t know what I would be more inclined to register for if I went the virtual route. If it’s parks based though, I am definitely going to more inclined to register.

This weekend is when in person becomes a possibility for me depending on the themes and distances. It’s really between this and Wine & Dine 2022.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I planned for Star Wars to be my first in person race. So I am not happy to see that go, I am willing to give this new theme a shot when details are revealed. I really hope it’s parks themed, as the art suggests.

Whatever this ends up being, it could drastically change my plans so I am hoping for details soon!

EDIT: This has the potential to be super unique.

GimpYancIent

I’d like a challenge with two races on the same day!! Morning and evening. Like old school Wine and Dine used to be. That’s a Challenge!
Interesting. What would you recommend? 13.1 in the A.M. then a leisurely 5K or even 10K in the evening? Truthfully if participants run in the A.M. then partake of the Wine and Dine how many would many be in condition to do the evening run? I think there would be quite a few cases of reverse peristalsis and then what about the after party? Yes, it would be a challenge!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Interesting. What would you recommend? 13.1 in the A.M. then a leisurely 5K or even 10K in the evening? Truthfully if participants run in the A.M. then partake of the Wine and Dine how many would many be in condition to do the evening run? I think there would be quite a few cases of reverse peristalsis and then what about the after party? Yes, it would be a challenge!

The 5k was at 7:00 AM and the half didn't start until 10:00 PM, if I remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom