runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend

pdude81

How early did we learn what the race themes were last year? 10 days out from club registration at this point and the only thing we know is the name of the challenge?

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Thanks. I have to decide whether it's worth fighting through trying to register from a cruise ship. So I'm almost looking for them to screw this one up so I don't have to think about it.
I could be wrong, but I think the community may of cracked the code on the themes.

I believe I heard The Lion King, Peter Pan, and Up are the individual “adventure” themes. That may not be accurate though.

pdude81

I could be wrong, but I think the community may of cracked the code on the themes.

I believe I heard The Lion King, Peter Pan, and Up are the individual “adventure” themes. That may not be accurate though.
Ok, that makes some sense. Ohana is the weekend theme but Stitch isn't necessarily part of the individual races. I just want to meet Gantu or Pleakley!

Surferboy567

Original Poster
The community called it! I am “perfect” for this weekend but being that I am running Dopey next year not sure I’ll make it to this one.

Planning on D23 and possibly Wine & Dine next year.

Either way will be running these virtually or in person. Leaning toward virtually.

surfsupdon

The party not being included is really terrible.
I love thé party idea!!! But include it!

Wine&Dine always had an included party.
Tower 13K always included a party.
Tower 10Milers included a party.
Exp Everest Challenge (old school) always included a party.

And many races in the early to mid 2000s INCLUDED a 1Day 1 Park ticket…in addition to an exclusive ticket store!

YIKES! Afterparty not included…🥲

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I love thé party idea!!! But include it!

Wine&Dine always had an included party.
Tower 13K always included a party.
Tower 10Milers included a party.
Exp Everest Challenge (old school) always included a party.

And many races in the early to mid 2000s INCLUDED a 1Day 1 Park ticket…in addition to an exclusive ticket store!

YIKES! Afterparty not included…🥲

Yeah, but you'll be there.

pdude81

Not scheduled to be there, no. I will be in Greece during registration so I am not sure this will work.

If I did run I’d skip the afterparty bc I’d be flying home to get back to school for Monday classes! Haha
Yeah I'm torn on the after party. It's basically a paid version of moonlight magic, or a normal after hours. But it also costs more than a summer full day entry to the water park. Confusing to me.

I have to run the Pan 5k past my kid to see if he's in or doesn't care much. Cause I'll be on a cruise ship during registration and I would rather not sweat it.

Wolf43

Yay! I'm registered for the challenge. I'm waiting to hear from cousin on whether or not she was able to get in. Fingers crossed. She was having to register while in a meeting. :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom