runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend

draybook

I don’t think there’s any official runDisney stuff I’d consider close to a costume, but the vendor area is packed with all sorts of themed running gear (where you pick up the race t-shirts), I bet you could piece something together with what’s available there from the third-party vendors.

Awesome! We aren't getting in until late tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully, there's something she can put together.

Figment82

I got 50! (but may have googled 4-5 of them 😁)

Yep, they have some “I did it” t-shirts, magnets, and such themed for 10-miler
Nice! I Googled a few of them myself… 🙃 And I should have gone with my gut on some others. I’m super bummed I missed one of them - it’s my favorite animal but the photos weren’t super helpful…

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Looking like the 5K tonight will be questionable...

Screenshot_20220331-182330.png

What came through up here in NW Florida this morning was high winds, lots of rain, thunder and under a tornado watch for several hours.

Good luck to everyone running. May end up being the 2019 SW 5k....delayed start and short course.

surfsupdon

It was a great race and I’m glad the weather held. I finished in the top 25! (I counted #22). Really fun and so glad to compete.

I wore a collared shirt to be fancy!

Attachments

• AA98C968-ECC5-4C73-AC89-5EAE21835BB4.jpeg
    AA98C968-ECC5-4C73-AC89-5EAE21835BB4.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 43EAB355-5B59-4284-A378-790FB6880F1C.png
    43EAB355-5B59-4284-A378-790FB6880F1C.png
    470.3 KB · Views: 90

Figment82

I’m so bummed they cut the course, but obviously thankful that the weather held out. Super humid, but no rain, and especially glad for no lightning! I’m assuming I’ll make up my remaining .42 miles during the next two races through weaving. I would’ve run it in the parking lot afterwards, but my parents came to cheer me on, and I didn’t want to keep them up any longer than needed! 😂

Hope everyone had fun! The course was great, loved the atmosphere and entertainment. Running through Pandora in the dark was fantastic! But I was reminded why I don’t do 5Ks anymore. So much weaving and dodging, and I practically waited around as long as it took me to run the course (I was in s3).

Surferboy567

Original Poster
What a great race! I was nervous they were going to cancel it but they were smart in shortening the course, as on our way out we saw what appeared to be lighting strikes.

Was kinda happy the medals were wrapped, makes it easier to transport that way.

Will have a more detailed account later on.

Quick Question: Was anyone able to link their bib to photopass? Whenever I try to do that it says invalid code. Do we have to wait for the photos to be loaded first?

EDIT: Was able to link no photos yet though.

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Thank you runners for being SAFE last night!! I was on-site until about 1230AM and lightening was getting CLOSE at that point (close enough to hear the thunder which means GET OUT). I made it home about 5 minutes before the deluge and lightning strikes hit.

I know it's disappointing to have the course cut short but it was all about SAFETY!!

OG Runner

Thank you runners for being SAFE last night!! I was on-site until about 1230AM and lightening was getting CLOSE at that point (close enough to hear the thunder which means GET OUT). I made it home about 5 minutes before the deluge and lightning strikes hit.

I know it's disappointing to have the course cut short but it was all about SAFETY!!
So which do you prefer to "work" the early morning races or the late night races?

LAKid53

Premium Member

And runners appreciate what y'all do. 🥰

Surferboy567

Original Poster
It was a great weekend, and will have a detailed trip report sometime soon.

…my return home though has been nothing short of a nightmare. I am basically stuck here till wed. No park passes. May go to universal.

OG Runner

…my return home though has been nothing short of a nightmare. I am basically stuck here till wed. No park passes. May go to universal.

Go to Universal and ride Harry Potter. It is really unlike any other ride.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Why are you stuck? Flight cancellations?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom