runDisney returns to Disneyland in 2024

Surferboy567

I think one thing we are glossing over is that the Disneyland challenge is now confirmed to be the return of the Dumbo Double Dare.

Does that mean the races are Dumbo themed? Are any runDisney veterans familiar with this?

Surferboy567

I’m confused …

The design of the page itself is stunning though
Short answer, there are 2 tracks for coast to coast. Both yielding different medals.

Track 1 requires you to run either the Half or greater distance at marathon weekend. As well as the half at Disneyland.

The medal yielded from this is a unique medal to this track and can only be earned in 2024.

Track 2 requires you to run the Half or greater distance at Disneyland and any other half or greater distance at Disney World.

The medal yielded from this is a medal that can earned year after year and is not unique like track one.

Virtual races do not count (obviously)
Challenges do count.
You can only earn ONE coast to coast medal every year, and they do not require you to register separately.

Surferboy567

I think they want to give you something special for running WDW and DL in consecutive weekends. That is hard to do logistically with work and financially too.
That is definitely the intention. It’s just hard to swing as you mentioned.

You also are NOT guaranteed a registration spot.

Rteetz

ah ok. So we're sure it's Dumbo-themed then? not that I care, just curious
The Coast 2 Coast language says Dumbo Double Dare which was what it was every year at Disneyland except for 2017 when they called it just the Disneyland Double Dare and it was Pixar themed.

RunningKoen

Also, the first option is the only way to get C2C in California. Maybe that’s why this medal is special??

All other tracks it will be awarded in Fla.
Well, before there were more races in California, and there was no difference what was awarded where. The pink one was the special for princess and tink, but that’s it.

I dislike the second track for this. :(

Edit: also the ‘you get only one of the two options’ sounds stupid. Not sure if you were able to get a regular and pink version in the same year back then, but it sounds weird …

Last edited:

Rteetz

I’d be shocked if the half was more than $300. Now $200 isn’t out of the question. Wine & Dine Half is $215 (as of 2022) but does include an after party and $15 gift card. Princess half is also over $200. I can definitely see Disneyland Half being the most expensive Disney half but not $300 expensive. My guess is $240ish.

Surferboy567

I’d be shocked if the half was more than $300. Now $200 isn’t out of the question. Wine & Dine Half is $215 (as of 2022) but does include an after party and $15 gift card. Princess half is also over $200. I can definitely see Disneyland Half being the most expensive Disney half but not $300 expensive. My guess is $240ish.
$200 - $230 range I feel would be my prediction. Running $300 to do just a half marathon seems excessive to me, even by Disney standards. Of course that isn’t going to stop most people (including myself) to try and run the race.

I fear for how much the asking price will be for the Double Dare (the event I’d be most interested in) along with the 5K in-person or virtual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom