run expo for wine and dine

PaulaT

Original Poster
So excited to be headed down next week for our first Wine and Dine run. Hubby and I are doing the 10k on Saturday morning. Curious about the expo.....is it big like the princess weekend?

Mark P.

Piggybacking on this to ask: our flight arrives MCO at 9:55AM. Conservatively, if it takes DME two hours from touchdown to resort, then a transfer to a WWoS bus, that means we'll be getting to the Expo around 12:30PM. Seems to me that'll be just in time for peak crowds/lines at packet pick-up, no? Are we better off taking an Uber from MCO in an effort to save a little bit of time (we'd still need to stop at our hotel to drop off our bags and transfer to a bus)?

dreamfinder

Piggybacking on this to ask: our flight arrives MCO at 9:55AM. Conservatively, if it takes DME two hours from touchdown to resort, then a transfer to a WWoS bus, that means we'll be getting to the Expo around 12:30PM. Seems to me that'll be just in time for peak crowds/lines at packet pick-up, no? Are we better off taking an Uber from MCO in an effort to save a little bit of time (we'd still need to stop at our hotel to drop off our bags and transfer to a bus)?

What are you hoping to do at the Expo, and then what event are you running in? If all you want to do is pick up your bibs/shirts then you should be fine. Might have a slight wait to enter the expo to get your shirts, but the registration lines usually go pretty quick. I usually only find lines the first day for the challenge, as they usually need to be the first group to get their stuff, and also have the most to get explained to them. If you are dead set on getting a particular piece of merch, then you may want to try to get that extra 30-45 mins, but I don't know if it's worth it. Or if you ended up with an early slot in the New Balance queue, and needed to get there earlier. Since doors open at 10, even if you got an Uber pickup at 10:10 (thats a fast dash through the airport) and went straight to WWoS, I'd wager you wouldn't get there til about 11, and the merch would be a mad house by then already. Personally, not worth it.

Mark P.

What are you hoping to do at the Expo, and then what event are you running in? If all you want to do is pick up your bibs/shirts then you should be fine. Might have a slight wait to enter the expo to get your shirts, but the registration lines usually go pretty quick. I usually only find lines the first day for the challenge, as they usually need to be the first group to get their stuff, and also have the most to get explained to them. If you are dead set on getting a particular piece of merch, then you may want to try to get that extra 30-45 mins, but I don't know if it's worth it. Or if you ended up with an early slot in the New Balance queue, and needed to get there earlier. Since doors open at 10, even if you got an Uber pickup at 10:10 (thats a fast dash through the airport) and went straight to WWoS, I'd wager you wouldn't get there til about 11, and the merch would be a mad house by then already. Personally, not worth it.

Mostly just bib/shirt/bag pick-up. Just running the 10K this year. Already pre-ordered the event pin, and managed to snag a pair of this year's New Balances at Fit2Run already. Sounds like we're better off pocketing that money and using it at Food & Wine that afternoon instead. Thanks! :)

PaulaT

Original Poster
So I saw on FB where they previewed the race shirts.....does anyone know if the 10k is long sleeve or short sleeve and is that brown or a dark purple??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom