Rumours Circulating Mine Train Coaster Could be Cancelled!!!

RSoxNo1

I'm really glad you pieced it together! That's exactly what I was alluding to.

And that's why I'm so intrigued with any announcements that are made at D23 for Shanghai.

:wave:

ps its juan, not jaun :p

I thought this was common knowledge?

maxairmike

So there's just going to be basic swinging of the ride cars, not the elaborate motion system that was being discussed relating to another prototype ride style from a major manufacturer? That is slightly disappointing, as I thought the motion from that system would be a great fit for the ride. This doesn't seem like much more than a very simplified and "upside down" use of the Arrow suspended mechanism. Or perhaps that greater range of motion is what was causing the engineering headaches and they opted for the simpler swaying?

Speaking of manufacturer, I assume they're working with Vekoma again for this? If so, hopefully Vekoma brings more of the car and wheel assembly refinements to the rest of their lines. The Arrow-style wheel assemblies are some of the worst out there, both with horizontal steering and vertical motion. It seems that style assembly does not allow for the tight connection with the track like they used on the new track style for Everest. Lee/Raven, any insight on that? I know I'm getting specific with the ride system/mechanicals, but that's what really interests me here.

Lee

Adventurer
I don't have any formal documentation of it, but yeah...I've heard Vekoma's name associated with this ride.
Based on the mock-up, it looks like the same wheel/track type system as Everest. Thankfully.

juan

Couldn't see over the walls, but walked past construction site today and they are pouring lots of concrete in the area of the mine ride. Might be start of footers and foundations.
Concrete was being poured far away from TLM, BOG, and castle wall, right in the general area of the mine ride.

cbconglom

Couldn't see over the walls, but walked past construction site today and they are pouring lots of concrete in the area of the mine ride. Might be start of footers and foundations.
Concrete was being poured far away from TLM, BOG, and castle wall, right in the general area of the mine ride.

cool! thanks! maybe we'll get an updated aerial soon..

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
My thread and i agree :sohappy::sohappy:

So happy its all go :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Next Big Thing

As I said on another forum, it's getting close to the new fiscal year. Wasn't the rumor that they were waiting for fiscal 2012 to start SDMT? If they have a little left over on the budget for 2011 that otherwise will be lost if they don't use it, I wouldn't be surprised if they are indeed starting SDMT. This is all speculation however and I could be totally off base on this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom