Rumour - New World Showcase Ride?

mr.flibble

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

Happy Christmas and All the best for 2009.

Well he is a Tequila-Rumour Slammer all for you. Dont forget the lemon and a pinch of sault.

Didnt see this posted anywhere, if so my apologies and mods please delete. But! according to Screamscape there may or not be a new ride heading to the World Showcase:

Sorry to bump the thread back up, but Screamscape have posted another update

Source - http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm

(12/29/08) I’m not sure how series this is but one of our readers claims to have come across some concept drawings for Epcot for a project referred to as Trains Across America. Of course the scale of the project in the drawings ranged from the installation of another toy train garden with American landmarks to a larger version of the same concept that would use a real mini train ride. Given the lack of buzz about this and the current state of things in the world today, I’ve got to wonder if this is just a random blue sky plan that may have fizzled. Anyone know more?

Update:

(12/30/08) According to a Screamscape source the Trains Across America concept for World Showcase is indeed a real and current blue sky project. Unfortunately there is little else to report at this time other than it is something under consideration.

Further Update:

Trains Across America - Rumor - (1/5/09) The latest buzz about that rumored Epcot Train project is that the primary concept is still to build a train ride that guests can actually ride on and not just another train display. The question is, just where in Epcot would they even think to build something like this?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Random blue sky project. If anything does come of it, it will be a small display - nothing more. Attention is still focussed elsewhere.

epcotWSC

Would be nice to have something new in World Showcase, but the details are so vague that it seems more like a long shot.

bgraham34

I am sure at some point they will add a new attraction in World Showcase but with the economy in the crapper there is no reason to spend the money on it.

MythBuster

Hi Everyone,

Happy Christmas and All the best for 2009.

Well he is a Tequila-Rumour Slammer all for you. Dont forget the lemon and a pinch of sault.

Didnt see this posted anywhere, if so my apologies and mods please delete. But! according to Screamscape there may or not be a new ride heading to the World Showcase:

Source - http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm

(12/29/08) I’m not sure how series this is but one of our readers claims to have come across some concept drawings for Epcot for a project referred to as Trains Across America. Of course the scale of the project in the drawings ranged from the installation of another toy train garden with American landmarks to a larger version of the same concept that would use a real mini train ride. Given the lack of buzz about this and the current state of things in the world today, I’ve got to wonder if this is just a random blue sky plan that may have fizzled. Anyone know more?

Update:

(12/30/08) According to a Screamscape source the Trains Across America concept for World Showcase is indeed a real and current blue sky project. Unfortunately there is little else to report at this time other than it is something under consideration.

I have heard of it also with Union Pacific being the sponsor. I think it depends on the sponsor, if they are willing to invest the money then Disney will go ahead with it.

mr.flibble

Original Poster
Sorry to bump the thread back up, but Screamscape have posted another update:

Trains Across America - Rumor - (1/5/09) The latest buzz about that rumored Epcot Train project is that the primary concept is still to build a train ride that guests can actually ride on and not just another train display. The question is, just where in Epcot would they even think to build something like this?

tomm4004

Wouldn't it be freaky to actually take a train across America to get to WDW and then go on this ride?

I have no clue where this would go. I can't envision a train around the countries on the backside, and certainly not on the lagoon side. And America already has an attraction. I can't picture it, but anything new in WS would be welcomed.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Am I the only one who thinks Trains Across America makes absolutely ZERO sense in World Showcase?
For a full size attraction a guest could ride.....you are not the only one.

For a model akin to the one in Germany not so much. To me this is something that could work.

DisneyMusician2

I'm not even sure why you would want this experience. It certainly doesn't appear that it fits well with the showcase, and even if you had the room, the $$ could be well spent putting attractions that are country relevant inside the pavilions.

Doesn't seem to make sense.

RSoxNo1

I'm not even sure why you would want this experience. It certainly doesn't appear that it fits well with the showcase, and even if you had the room, the $$ could be well spent putting attractions that are country relevant inside the pavilions.

Doesn't seem to make sense.

Couldn't this be a reference to the Bullet Train simulator long rumored for the Japan pavillion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom