Rumors, Rumors, and more Rumors

JoeZerboy

Re: Re: Thread Drift - My Avatar

Originally posted by happy snapper

im keeping quiet in case the Daleks hear me:zipit:

That's ok...the little voices in my head will distract them so you can get away. LOL :lol:

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by happy snapper
Its not really thread drift cause Disney bought a load of old Tardises from the BBC and used them in the Tower of Terror...

No honest would I lie?

At least they have a better sense of time for bringing back their passengers than the one in my avatar. :lol:

Grumpy56

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
*sigh*

For the 54,456,452,165,765,454,576,335,874,178th time...

It ain't gonna happen. You have a more likely chance of seeing "The Return of Horizons"

Thank you, Tyler, for your infinite patience. You posts are much appreciated.

Invero

I will add... While we are not going to be expanding the monorail system, Disney is spending a considerable amount of money into renovating stations, and upgrading train components. For example, the MK is FINALLY getting a new roof... Lime, Coral, and Black have all be repainted. Lime also recieved some cabin changes... new lighting, as well as increased wheelchair accessibility. Currently, they're in the process of installing automatic spiel triggers on the beam. In addition to all that, the entire fleet will be recieving a new vehicle on board controller (the main computer) that will be somewhat simmilar (but more advanced) to the upgrades that DL got.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I will add... While we are not going to be expanding the monorail system, Disney is spending a considerable amount of money into renovating stations, and upgrading train components. For example, the MK is FINALLY getting a new roof... Lime, Coral, and Black have all be repainted. Lime also recieved some sabin changes... new lighting, as well as increased wheelchair accessibility. Currently, they're in the process of installing automatic spiel triggers on the beam. In addition to all that, the entire fleet will be recieving a new vehicle on board controller (the main computer) that will be somewhat simmilar (but more advanced) to the upgrades that DL got.

This is what I guessed when I saw the Screamscape rumor. There is a lesson though in the level of excitement, here and on other sites, that surrounds any Monorail rumors. People really do get excited by the idea.

Samurai Jax

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Re: Thread Drift - My Avatar

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

We better stop this thread drift...before we know it we'll be drifting off into outer space and meeting Buck Rogers and the Battlestar Galactica :lol:

:fork:

Cylons Rule!:lookaroun

jmarc63

Original Poster
*sigh*

For the 54,456,452,165,765,454,576,335,874,178th time...

It ain't gonna happen. You have a more likely chance of seeing "The Return of Horizons"

Ok Tyler Then what are they working on then if not an expansion???

Oh and did you go thru all the posts and count them all up. I think your number is a little high thou.

Invero

Originally posted by jmarc63
Tyler whats a sabin? and why just lime?

Ooops, typo!

Should be Cabin...

Lime is somewhat of a prototype train for cabin changes. Half the cars have lower power, yet brighter lighting, that remains on when the power is cut to the buss bar. (Regular lights would go out). You can tell these lights because they are white dots, instead of yellow strips.

They also moved the other one of the center stanchions in car 4... making both sides wheelchair accessible.

Purple was had a prototype tire pressure monitor, Yellow had a prototype SmartCard system... Neither system was incorporated into the trains.

Silver was the prototype for moving the "Please Stand Clear of the Doors" speil from the DPAS to the Binloop. Once that was done, and the bugs were fixed, they copied that over to the other trains. DPAS = Digital Prerecorded Announcement System... it was just a chipset, contains the chimes for PA and door open, as well as speil for door close. The Binloop operates off of flash cards that can be easily updated and changed, whereas the DPAS was getting old, breaking down, and not able to be replaced.

jmarc63

Original Poster

Ooops, typo!

Should be Cabin...

Lime is somewhat of a prototype train for cabin changes. Half the cars have lower power, yet brighter lighting, that remains on when the power is cut to the buss bar. (Regular lights would go out). You can tell these lights because they are white dots, instead of yellow strips.

They also moved the other one of the center stanchions in car 4... making both sides wheelchair accessible.

Purple was had a prototype tire pressure monitor, Yellow had a prototype SmartCard system... Neither system was incorporated into the trains.

Thanks for clearing that up. so much technology that i thought a sabin was a systems intergration peice.

Silver was the prototype for moving the "Please Stand Clear of the Doors" speil from the DPAS to the Binloop. Once that was done, and the bugs were fixed, they copied that over to the other trains. DPAS = Digital Prerecorded Announcement System... it was just a chipset, contains the chimes for PA and door open, as well as speil for door close. The Binloop operates off of flash cards that can be easily updated and changed, whereas the DPAS was getting old, breaking down, and not able to be replaced.

jmarc63

Original Poster
Re: NEGATIVE!!!

Originally posted by SG4779
PROF. that the MONORAIL will NOT be expanded.

"In a speech by Walt Disney World Resort President Al Weiss given to new Walt Disney World Cast Members in 1999, Weiss is quoted as saying, "...in two years, we are committed to drastically reducing the number of buses required to fulfill our internal transportation needs." He also talked about a "...transport system which will whisk guests from the airport to a new hub on property in five minutes." There have been rumors floating around for quite some time about expansions of the Monorail system. The rumors have suggested that the Monorail would be extended to Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, and several of the resort hotels in between. With the expansion, a new Ticket and Transportation Center would be built near Epcot that would be in a more central location. It has also been said that Disney would then connect other resorts and areas on the WDW property without Monorail service to the nearest Monorail stations via a Light Rail system.
This project has been cancelled due to the high estimated costs."

QUOTE from an Imagineering page.

Granted the Monorail expansion my be a dead issue, I never said that is was happening. I was interested in what the posting on the job board was all about. I said that it was unlikley that three month was long enough if it were for an expansion.

But as you quoted from the transportation link from the WDWMAGIC main page I'll ask you this. if you are taking this statement as gospel then why are the busses still rinning? where is the light rail that there supposed to of had running by now? Last time I checked there wasn't any constructioin of any new transportation system or any new TTC near Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom