Rumors for all 4 parks

jt04

Excellent write-up and always great graphics. I love the trends at WDW. Fortunately I like all the Pixar attractions too. The next several years are going to be great!:sohappy:

natalia1681

I would love to see some of this stuff happen....especially a return appearance of the DreamFinder.

Although I was terribly sad that there were no announcements being made to reopen River Country:eek::ROFLOL::hammer:

JWG

Well, they're called blue sky for a reason. Time will tell. I hope they're 60% true. We have our next trip planned in Oct. 2010 - hopefully just after the rebirth of Disney Studios and a nice upgrade to Epcot.

Have my fingers crossed...

jedimaster1227

I don't know who this guy's sources are (if they even exist), but none of this information is new. You could find it anywhere on the internet, specifically on WDWMagic's forums... In fact, I think I posted a very very similar report on this very forum last week... :rolleyes:

Edit: Found it!

Plans are already set in motion for several changes to the parks to help combat Harry Potter (mind you, Disney is using the HP publicity as a way to get more guests to visit their parks, including the recent raise in prices- all part of the plan about which I am speaking). Each of the four parks (along with one of the water parks) will be recieving enhancements/additions/changes that will be able to be promoted after their completion. You all are familiar with the work going on at MGM Studios (soon to be Hollywood Studios)- all of it being part of the plan. Magic Kingdom's piece of the puzzle is the refurbished Space Mountain.

I can't currently disclose Animal Kingdom or Epcot's role in this equation, but I do know the plans for both. There is more going on at our resort than most realize, and the plans take from both old and new- shelved and recently drawn up. There is plenty about to change at WDW, and Disney's Hollywood Studios is the first to set this chain of events in place. I can say that the motion will be for the best, and that the changes to arrive will be both necesscary and welcome. Mind you also, that these changes won't take place over the course of a year. There is a schedule, and there is a budget for each project. The Wonderful Wizarding World of Harry Potter won't be going anywhere (for at least 20 years, considering that Universal will renew both of their 5 year-optional contracts), so Disney will be competing throughout that time. Some of the projects will be here sooner than others, but the projects will be announced one after another.

I will say it one more time just to remind you that Disney's Hollywood Studios will be the leader of this transition. The park is getting Toy Story Mania, Pixar Place, Block Party Bash, updates for Playhouse Disney Live and High School Musical Pep Rally, a new show at the ABC Theater and another E-Ticket attraction. Quite alot to recieve in a short amount of time, correct? There is more, as these are only the projects that have either been confirmed by press releases, permits or official cast updates. Management has finally put forth the effort to fix the park that was most desperate for an update, but that isn't where it ends. Management is going to start analyzing each of the parks and will take the necesscary steps to fix them (only maintaining/updating the attractions that aren't broken), in the same manner as with Disney's Hollywood Studios. A new trend is getting ready to be set for our resort, and there is a clear example of how it is going to go...

jt04

I don't know who this guy's sources are (if they even exist), but none of this information is new. You could find it anywhere on the internet, specifically on WDWMagic's forums... In fact, I think I posted a very very similar report on this very forum last week... :rolleyes:

Edit: Found it!

Not to deminish your contributions, which are Great, but if you read back in Mr Hunter's blog you will find much of his information predates JH, ReDis and WDWMagic. But all are great places to find information. Plus the graphics he uses are amazing. My vote for Best Disney Blog. (This is the Best Disney Forum) Thanks:wave:

Matpez

Original Poster

I know, I acknowledged the fact that most of these aren't new to us here at wdwmagic, but it is always nice to see these rumors come from different places.
:D

juan

good information
but it fails to mention some of the unannounced projects currently in the works (but mentioned quite a bit on this site)

:lookaroun :lookaroun :zipit:

tirian

The arguing is just a result of immature members that don't know how to calmly disagree and discuss.

:(

The blog is about as general as something can get. Each sentence is so speculative that it's difficult to tell whether he actually knows something or not.

He does have one thing right, though. The NDAs have been enforced lately, and that's why folks like Lee and me aren't getting as much info as we used to. Imagineers aren't discussing their projects with each other like they did, and can only speak to their assigned areas now.

cooleo

Thanks for the info. Nice to see that this info is corroborating what JediMaster said a couple weeks ago. I recall reading his post about these very same topics . Lifts my hopes that things are really looking up. :sohappy:

Angelo-Titan

I read Blue Sky all the time, it is a great site. I do not know about how creditable it is, but it is still a great site.

Now all of this stuff seems to me like it is going to happen on or before 2010. So my question is how is WDI going to combat Harry Potter land over at Islands of Adventure? I mean Harry Potter is a huge draw because of his movies, books and merchandising. Will WDI possibly move some of these plans up just to get things before the proposed 2009 opening of Harry Potter Island?

DCA needs the help I know, but Disney has the potential of loosing alot of business to Universal with Harry Potter. So why not build a couple of E-tickets before 2009, rather than 2010?

Just my 2¢

Lee

Adventurer
He does have one thing right, though. The NDAs have been enforced lately, and that's why folks like Lee and me aren't getting as much info as we used to. Imagineers aren't discussing their projects with each other like they did, and can only speak to their assigned areas now.
Sadly true.
Things seem to be more...compartmentalized, for lack of a better word. If you aren't working on it...you don't know much about it. That's a bit of an exaggeration, but not much.

My normally talkative sources have been unusually quiet lately. As one said last week "The walls have grown bigger ears around here." Not good....at least for me and my thirst for knowledge.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom