Rumors cleared up on Oct. 9th?

BKLMickey

Original Poster
Is there any reason for me to drive up for the day on Thursday (from Ft. Lauderdale)??? Or will all the annoucements about future attractions and such occur at EPCOT after the park closes at 3pm.

How quickly do they expect to clear the park out? Would it be possible to see some of what the press and celebrities will experience by hanging around as long as Disney people let me.

If all the rumored new attractions as well as formally opening Mission Space Mickey's PhilharMagic are are true I think it would be fun to be there when it all becomes official.

I wouldn't want to take off work drive up and back and be dissapointed.

Any opinions??

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Unless your a celeb, part of the press or a big name at Disney, you aint gettin into that conference. And the invitations/ID Cards have already been sent out.

It will be a very hard close. Basically, if youve ever been around people when your leaving over at MK and they start sounding like a cow or a sheep because we get hearded out of the park onto the monorail or boat, it'll be like that, hearding you out. They'll have everyone out of that park by at least 3:45. But at 2:30ish, I believe from what I was told yesterday, they'll stop letting people in the park, basically because you wont have enough time to do really anything in there.

Shaman

With Epcot closing early, the other parks are sure to get even more crowded, especially MK. The way I see it though, a trip to Disney is never a waste of time, so if anything go and maybe if you hang around the different Disney places you'll catch a glimpse of one of the celebs. Then again, you could always not go and stay informed with wdwmagic.com. :D

Moustronaut

The ones that have been discussed around here that are possibilities for offical announcement at the M:S or Phillharmagic opennings are...

AE closing to add Stitch
Soarin over... at Epcot
Finding Nemo in the Living Seas
Mermaid Lagoon at 20K Leagues
Who shot JFK
Where is Jimmy Haffa
Is Elvis really dead
The secret to life, the universe, and everything

PeterAlt

Would I get in with a press badge? I used to be a reporter and I still have my press badge. Also, my best friend works at the news desk (and she is also a camer person) for a Florida television station. Could both of us get in, if we tried?

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Nope. you need the invitation for it, plus your name would be on a list. Or at least thats what I was under the impression of with that package they sent out with that Star Trekish communicatorish thing (I know it didnt resemble that but...) for Mission: SPACE.

All you need to do is around 2:45PM hang out in a restroom stall (take a book) until about 4PM. Pick ones over behind the Ice Station Cool. Hope you make it! Pick your feet up if you hear the doors open!

ToTBellHop

Likely Announcements:
1. Soarin' at Epcot
2. Car Stunt Show
3. Wishes premier
4. Stitch Escape!
5. Haunted Mansion Holiday in 2004

NemoRocks78

Seized
SO, when infact will they announce all of the future attractions? If they do it when the press is there today at PM's opening , will something show up in the Sentinel tomorrow?

Tim G

Originally posted by Timothy W.
All you need to do is around 2:45PM hang out in a restroom stall (take a book) until about 4PM. Pick ones over behind the Ice Station Cool. Hope you make it! Pick your feet up if you hear the doors open!
The park is going to be sweeped...Totally!!!

Bath rooms as well...

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Originally posted by NemoRocks78
If they do it when the press is there today at PM's opening , will something show up in the Sentinel tomorrow?

Whatever is announced for MK will/should be in the paper tomorrow. They will for a fact be talking about at least PhilharMagic....again and Wishes. More than likely talk about the party and Stitch.

Tomorrow (For fridays paper) theyll get info for EPCOT.

Then on Friday they'll get info for MGM.

More than likely after that, they'll have a wrap-up of everything.

Dr Albert Falls

You're not quite correct.

There will be sprinklings of new information throughout the 3-day press event (like the "Magical Gatherings" presentation today).

But the BIG announcements come during the Friday morning press briefing at the Pop Century Resort.

So you'll have to wait till then!

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Likely Announcements:
1. Soarin' at Epcot
2. Car Stunt Show
3. Wishes premier
4. Stitch Escape!
5. Haunted Mansion Holiday in 2004

...and maybe:

6. Magical gatherings
7. Haunted Mansion backstage pass at MGM
8. Time Racers...? ....nah

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom