Rumored ride at Hollywood Studios

Voxel

President of Progress City
This is a portion of a Vekoma MK1212 coaster train. A completed one looks like this.

73998-2012-neuheit-3d-videoprojektion-auf-villa-volta-efteling-niederlande-python1.jpg

RnR is a long train Vekoma coaster. They may be testing new trains. I don't believe that another long train Vekoma coaster is in the works for DHS.
This would explain the amount of Suits I saw on RnR in the beginning of nov. They were paying alot of attention to the trains, and the loading/unloading process.

tamotu99

Please dont make the cars worse

i love the fact you can sit in the front two of any 'car' for a bit more leg room, which is much needed and appreciated by us taller folks

To be honest cant see why those cars would need replacing (or if they need replacing for age or something why they cant do a like for like swap) theya re nicely themed to the ride, cant say i have ever thought the loading or unloading took a long time,and they are one of the best in WDW i believe for accomodating most body shapes and sizes apart from the very small kids, who probably wouldnt want to ride an inversion coaster anyway

lazyboy97o

Please dont make the cars worse

i love the fact you can sit in the front two of any 'car' for a bit more leg room, which is much needed and appreciated by us taller folks

To be honest cant see why those cars would need replacing (or if they need replacing for age or something why they cant do a like for like swap) theya re nicely themed to the ride, cant say i have ever thought the loading or unloading took a long time,and they are one of the best in WDW i believe for accomodating most body shapes and sizes apart from the very small kids, who probably wouldnt want to ride an inversion coaster anyway
New trains would offer a new, more comfortably fitting restraint systems as well as a smoother ride. New trains would still be customized but there is no point in doing that when just looking at a sample from the designer/manufacturer.

wishiwere@wdw

This was a test of the new Vekoma vest harness which is similar to the design B&M uses on their flyers (Manta). Vekoma has had great success in terms of rider comfort by switching to this design with the Great Nor Easter at Morey's being a good example. It's still rough but doesn't beat you up as bad. Hopefully they were pleased with the results because this would help the ride big time.

ABQ

Saw one entire train of RnR cars in the central shops last month. Is it normal for one entire set to be offline for maintenance at a time or is it a bigger overhaul than normal?

PorterRedkey

Could they be thinking about Re-Themeing RnRc for the DHS Redo?

I am wondering the same thing. Does anyone know when the Aerosmith contract is up for RnR?

I wouldn't be upset if they did re-theme it.

I have always thought that RnR was a little off theme for a park about Hollywood. Sure it is a recording studio, but when I think Hollywood, I think TV and movies, not music.
Maybe if Disney is rebranding the park again by dropping the Studio from its name, they would try to make this ride more tied to Hollywood. At least they could tie it to a movie property.

RayTheFirefly

I am wondering the same thing. Does anyone know when the Aerosmith contract is up for RnR?

I have always thought that RnR was a little off theme for a park about Hollywood. Sure it is a recording studio, but when I think Hollywood, I think TV and movies, not music.
Maybe if Disney is rebranding the park again by dropping the Studio from its name, they would try to make this ride more tied to Hollywood. At least they could tie it to a movie property.

This doesn't come to mind at all when you think about Hollywood?
Capitol_Records_sunset.jpg

wishiwere@wdw

Saw one entire train of RnR cars in the central shops last month. Is it normal for one entire set to be offline for maintenance at a time or is it a bigger overhaul than normal?
That's normal assuming the other 5 were in operation. They run 5 and always have one rotating in refurbishment. This should hopefully also make it easy to swap the restraint system with minimal downtime.

PorterRedkey

Not really, music is recorded everywhere. Nashville is "Music city", great blues is recorded in Chicago and Mississippi, Portland, OR and Seattle and a great indie music recording scene. Of course New York is off the charts for music too. See what I did there with the charts .. and we are talking about music ... oh nevermind.

RayTheFirefly

Not really, music is recorded everywhere. Nashville is "Music city", great blues is recorded in Chicago and Mississippi, Portland, OR and Seattle and a great indie music recording scene. Of course New York is off the charts for music too. See what I did there with the charts .. and we are talking about music ... oh nevermind.
Yeah I agree, but I think music at least was a very large, iconic part of Hollywood in the past. So many movies/stories about people moving to Hollywood to become a famous recording artist.

That being said, I wouldn't mind at all if it was re-themed. I'm not married to the idea of Aerosmith at all. I do like Sweet Emotion being blared while I'm on a coaster though. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom