Rumor that Stitch may stop doing meet and greets at the Magic Kingdom near the end of September 2015

Bairstow

Stitch may soon be removed

hDwtjMD.gif

berlioz70

Is Stitch not a permanent M&G at Epcot? He's always there when we go, to the right of the tombstones.

Just a couple years ago, Stitch met at all four parks. DAK - Mercantile, Epcot - Front Entrance, Studios - Hat, MK - Tomorrowland. He was removed from those areas (in the order listed), dramatically cutting back his park presence. If I remember correctly, he left Epcot in 2013. He does still make random, pop up, appearances at both Epcot & Studios.

History aside, my two year old daughter loves Stitch (the character, not the ride), so this is one I'm bummed to see go. However, his lines have been dwindling, so if having Rafiki helps more Guests meet a character they want, then it would be good thing. Rafiki is hard to get to at DAK, and while I do not visit RPW frequently, the three times I've been this year Rafiki had a 20+ minute line each time.

danheaton

Stitch is still very popular- I say create a permanent meet n greet for Stitch in Tomorrowland and go ahead and get rid of the attraction or re-do it.

I'm really surprised to hear that Stitch is still popular. My older daughter is six, and it never seems like anything ever comes up about Stitch either from her or the Disney Channel. They'll periodically show Lilo & Stitch on there, but it doesn't seem like a big deal. Is it mostly popular with kids that go to Disney World a lot?

brb1006

Original Poster
I'm really surprised to hear that Stitch is still popular. My older daughter is six, and it never seems like anything ever comes up about Stitch either from her or the Disney Channel. They'll periodically show Lilo & Stitch on there, but it doesn't seem like a big deal. Is it mostly popular with kids that go to Disney World a lot?
Stitch is extremely popular in Japan.

RSoxNo1

Two kids told me today that their favorite "ride" in Disney World is Stitch. They then proceeded to do a hyperactive rebelling of the attraction.

Matt_Black

The attraction itself isn't bad. The pre-show is far superior to the actual show, but as far as simple humor goes, it's alright.

HOWEVER, the theater stinks. Never before have I prayed so hard for a ride or show at WDW to hurry up and be over.

admiral-ari-x

The attraction itself isn't bad. The pre-show is far superior to the actual show, but as far as simple humor goes, it's alright.

HOWEVER, the theater stinks. Never before have I prayed so hard for a ride or show at WDW to hurry up and be over.

I fully agree with this, I have vibrant memories of the theater smelling AWFUL (and not just during the chili burps :depressed:) and just feeling so uncomfortable in there. And is it just me or do the arm restraints get super tight for anyone else? I felt completely trapped in that seat!

Bairstow

From the other thread, some pictures of the seats.
I took these 3 weeks ago.

IMG_20150717_142009_231.jpg

IMG_20150717_142845_082.jpg

JeffBostock

From the other thread, some pictures of the seats.
I took these 3 weeks ago.

IMG_20150717_142009_231.jpg

IMG_20150717_142845_082.jpg

Yeah those seats look disgusting. I tell ya maintenance and upkeep of attractions have gone downhill at WDW. Wish they were up to the same standards that you find at Disneyland. A few months ago at WDW after getting on Space Mtn the ride stopped before the lift hill. They turned the lights on and we had to be evacuated out. While waiting for CM's to get us off I could see thick layers of dust on the side of these vent looking things along the lower part of the wall. This had to be years worth of dust because it was so thick. The other guests on the ride commented on it as well. Can't the multi billion dollar corporation that is Disney spend a little bit of money to pay cast members to clean the areas visible to guests like they used to while the park is closed?

Now they have to remove Stitch from Tomorrowland so that they can put Rafiki in Adventureland? They can't afford to have both, now can they? Of course they can. Their stock value is now 6 times the value it was in the mid 90's, back in a time when the park was much cleaner. Although I personally don't care for the movie Lilo & Stitch much, my son wants to watch the movie more now after we recently did the Stitch meet & greet in Tomorrowland. The CM that played him that day did a tremendous job, and even picked his nose and wiped it on my son's head. I'll never forget that. LOL I know it's gross but Stitch as a character in Tomorrowland fits, and the wait is minimal. We don't like waiting to meet Buzz and it's been 3 years since we've bothered to meet him, and we go 4+ times a year.

Other than Buzz, Stitch and the Incredibles Dance Party there aren't any other character meet and greet opportunities in Tomorrowland, so taking Stitch out seems like Disney being cheap. They already took out Push recently.

asianway

Yeah those seats look disgusting. I tell ya maintenance and upkeep of attractions have gone downhill at WDW. Wish they were up to the same standards that you find at Disneyland. A few months ago at WDW after getting on Space Mtn the ride stopped before the lift hill. They turned the lights on and we had to be evacuated out. While waiting for CM's to get us off I could see thick layers of dust on the side of these vent looking things along the lower part of the wall. This had to be years worth of dust because it was so thick. The other guests on the ride commented on it as well. Can't the multi billion dollar corporation that is Disney spend a little bit of money to pay cast members to clean the areas visible to guests like they used to while the park is closed?

Now they have to remove Stitch from Tomorrowland so that they can put Rafiki in Adventureland? They can't afford to have both, now can they? Of course they can. Their stock value is now 6 times the value it was in the mid 90's, back in a time when the park was much cleaner. Although I personally don't care for the movie Lilo & Stitch much, my son wants to watch the movie more now after we recently did the Stitch meet & greet in Tomorrowland. The CM that played him that day did a tremendous job, and even picked his nose and wiped it on my son's head. I'll never forget that. LOL I know it's gross but Stitch as a character in Tomorrowland fits, and the wait is minimal. We don't like waiting to meet Buzz and it's been 3 years since we've bothered to meet him, and we go 4+ times a year.

Other than Buzz, Stitch and the Incredibles Dance Party there aren't any other character meet and greet opportunities in Tomorrowland, so taking Stitch out seems like Disney being cheap. They already took out Push recently.
PUSH was being cheap. This is a one for one swap. Plus they may be adding something else in on the horizon.

Lest I'm misunderstood, the MK needs a major shakeup with all of its entertainment save for FoF. It does look like they are beginning to stop coasting, so I am optimistic. Especially if the remove more characters for atmosphere acts

PhotoDave219

PUSH was being cheap. This is a one for one swap. Plus they may be adding something else in on the horizon.

Lest I'm misunderstood, the MK needs a major shakeup with all of its entertainment save for FoF. It does look like they are beginning to stop coasting, so I am optimistic. Especially if the remove more characters for atmosphere acts

I heard something similar today that shakeups with MK entertainment are coming. Seems new management isnt happy with the way things were.

brb1006

Original Poster
I hope the CMs at WDW can find a way to improve the Magic Kingdom before the park turns 50 in 8 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom