[Rumor] Rip Ride Rockit Possibly Closing

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
According to the site we can't say, Rip Ride Rockit may close in the not too distant future. I wouldn't be shocked seeing as it's reportedly getting to be a really rough ride and is apparently at the end of its shelf life.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I do believe this rumor. I did read about the lawsuit due to the ride and I am fully aware of Universal likes have coasters run 15 to 20 years before the coaster tracks get replaced or the ride itself closes.

The question to me is if Universal wants to close Simpsons and Rip Ride Rocket at the same time since there had been rumors about Simpsons earlier in the year closing permanently sometime next I do think Universal could open up the replacement for Rip Ride Rocket before the Simpsons theme park rights contract ends if Universal wants to.

Last edited:

Sorcerer Mickey

If it's replaced with a Fast and the Furious coaster then it's a step in the right direction because we know that current awful attraction will go as well.
(Not that I particularly want a Fast and the Furious coaster, but at least it makes sense from a coaster/IP standpoint)
I can't believe Universal made a slow ride for an IP called Fast and Furious.

celluloid

The thing had 3-4 years of life left max as of a year ago.

It was plagued with issues from the beginning and did not have as long of a shelf life as a B&M with what it has endured. And even the original those of Uni in 1999 are gone.

Kumba, Montu and Kraken are the last of the great B&M upkeep that have not been replaced. Sheikra a bit younger but up there with some track completely replaced as well. Manta and Mako are still young and very young.

And they don't take as much abuse as Uni's ops and forces.

This is all to compare with the lesser Mauer Shone ride design. Rockit is headed for its good bye bye for sure.

Tom Morrow

So here's my thought. Rockit is likely on life support at this point. Fast, while not liked, is a people eater. Not sure if the park could take the hit of losing both for capacity. I can see Fast lasting until Rockit's replacement. Maybe.

Andrew25

According to the site we can't say, Rip Ride Rockit may close in the not too distant future. I wouldn't be shocked seeing as it's reportedly getting to be a really rough ride and is apparently at the end of its shelf life.
Just want to put out that they're not the first with this rumor. Alicia (and some others) revealed this far earlier than them lol

The question to me is if Universal wants to close Simpsons and Rip Ride Rocket at the same time since there had been rumors about Simpsons earlier in the year closing permanently sometime next I do think Universal could open up the replacement for Rip Ride Rocket before the Simpsons theme park rights contract ends if Universal wants to.
Universal is quick, they can get this thing done in 1.5-2 years, way before the rumored expiration date of 2028. There's been a lot of moving pieces for USF recently with timelines shifting around. Supposedly Simpsons has been pushed back a year or two to accommodate the Rockit project.

The thing had 3-4 years of life left max as of a year ago.

It was plagued with issues from the beginning and did not have as long of a shelf life as a B&M with what it has endured. And even the original those of Uni in 1999 are gone.

Kumba, Montu and Kraken are the last of the great B&M upkeep that have not been replaced. Sheikra a bit younger but up there with some track completely replaced as well. Manta and Mako are still young and very young.

And they don't take as much abuse as Uni's ops and forces.

This is all to compare with the lesser Mauer Shone ride design. Rockit is headed for its good bye bye for sure.
Rockit was unfortunately a byproduct of Universal grasping at straws to keep USF afloat while IOA got the bulk of the last few drops of cash the resort had prior to Potter/Comcast acquisition.

So here's my thought. Rockit is likely on life support at this point. Fast, while not liked, is a people eater. Not sure if the park could take the hit of losing both for capacity. I can see Fast lasting until Rockit's replacement. Maybe.
Considering the recent cuts throughout the resort... I believe the "multi-month refurb" between August and November is a cost control effort. It's the quiet season for USF with the park running HHN nearly every night, so really no need to keep F&F, a poorly attended attraction, open during that timeframe.

Excited for Epic, but boy it's exciting to know that USF is also getting a ridiculous amount of investment now.
2024 - DreamWorks, New Parade, New Nighttime Show
2025 - Possible Show in BMG Theater
2026/2027 - Rip Ride Rockit
2028+ - Pokemon/Simpsons

Edit: Universal just (or is finishing) work on two new HHN house locations backstage that will allow them to eventually remove the two tents closer to MIB/Springfield. (2 additional locations will be required however as the new parade required them to move out of the building)

Tom Morrow

Edit: Universal just (or is finishing) work on two new HHN house locations backstage that will allow them to eventually remove the two tents closer to MIB/Springfield. (2 additional locations will be required however as the new parade required them to move out of the building)

Where are they? Are they being used for this year?

celluloid

Just want to put out that they're not the first with this rumor. Alicia (and some others) revealed this far earlier than them lol

Universal is quick, they can get this thing done in 1.5-2 years, way before the rumored expiration date of 2028. There's been a lot of moving pieces for USF recently with timelines shifting around. Supposedly Simpsons has been pushed back a year or two to accommodate the Rockit project.

Rockit was unfortunately a byproduct of Universal grasping at straws to keep USF afloat while IOA got the bulk of the last few drops of cash the resort had prior to Potter/Comcast acquisition.

Considering the recent cuts throughout the resort... I believe the "multi-month refurb" between August and November is a cost control effort. It's the quiet season for USF with the park running HHN nearly every night, so really no need to keep F&F, a poorly attended attraction, open during that timeframe.

Excited for Epic, but boy it's exciting to know that USF is also getting a ridiculous amount of investment now.
2024 - DreamWorks, New Parade, New Nighttime Show
2025 - Possible Show in BMG Theater
2026/2027 - Rip Ride Rockit
2028+ - Pokemon/Simpsons

That is the first I am hearing of B118.
It fit Superstar, holiday and a hhn house in it at the same time. With backstage rook left to spare.
People don't realize how huge that building is.
Not even counting the gym, the break room and office space on multiple floors in there.

Interesting.

Andrew25

That is the first I am hearing of B118.
It fit Superstar, holiday and a hhn house in it at the same time. With backstage rook left to spare.
People don't realize how huge that building is.
Not even counting the gym, the break room and office space on multiple floors in there.

Interesting.
I'm very surprised by this myself, the new parade building is massive and the older parade building is mostly empty. Surprised the rumor is that Universal needs that space as they just got two massive warehouses online at the Epic site.

It might be just a timing thing, cause the current two sprung tents (being used this year) are showing their age and they're getting ahead of whatever happens at The Simpsons.

Behind MiB. Going to be a hike and a half to get out there unless they open the other fire road past the MiB tent.
Slabs are in last week and vertical construction has begun so how long does it take to put up a sprung tent? I think they will start the house builds ASAP
Already up, wouldn't be surprised to see Bio's next aerial has the site completed. Houses are quick to build, and Universal probably already has the other houses outside the F&F location close to being completed from a structural perspective.

JoeCamel

Where are they? Are they being used for this year?

I'm very surprised by this myself, the new parade building is massive and the older parade building is mostly empty. Surprised the rumor is that Universal needs that space as they just got two massive warehouses online at the Epic site.

It might be just a timing thing, cause the current two sprung tents (being used this year) are showing their age and they're getting ahead of whatever happens at The Simpsons.

Already up, wouldn't be surprised to see Bio's next aerial has the site completed. Houses are quick to build, and Universal probably already has the other houses outside the F&F location close to being completed from a structural perspective.
And there is the answer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom