Rumor Patrol...Castmembers Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kengels

Original Poster
I heard from a friend that knows a castmember at EPCOT that the boy who died on Mission Space was:
• Found in the floor of the ride, not the seat
• Died on the ride, not on the way to the Hospital
• Rode the ride by himself
This was provided by a castmember at EPCOT that does not work at Mission Space. I was wondering if anyone else heard the same thing?

peter11435

kengels said:
I heard from a friend that knows a castmember at EPCOT that the boy who died on Mission Space was:
• Found in the floor of the ride, not the seat
• Died on the ride, not on the way to the Hospital
• Rode the ride by himself
This was provided by a castmember at EPCOT that does not work at Mission Space. I was wondering if anyone else heard the same thing?
-The boy was found in the seat.
-The boy was not declared dead until he got to the hospital, thus that is where he technically died. The boy was not breathing and unconscious when the ride ended however that does not make him dead. The fact is as long as CM's and RCES were working on the boy he is not considered dead.
-He was riding the ride with his mother and sister. His mother was seated right next to him.

Moral of the story, never trust a CM.

ibadrumhead

Account Suspended
I Dont Think That Would Be The Case. I Mean Come On You Ever Rode The Ride? How Is It Poss. To Get On The Out Side Of The Ride. Or At Least I Couldnt. So I Would Say This Is Strictly Myth No Truth To It. Nut Im Not A Cast Member So Im Not 100% Sure But I Would Bet On Being 99.9% Right Thanx

kengels

Original Poster
I have been on the ride several times. I am also not 4-years old. I have read the newspapers and some online info, just wondering since some of the dust has settled if anyone inside Disney was talking. If I remember correctly I did title this thread rumor patrol. I am sure the castmember that do visit this site and read this thread appreciate your sentiment towards them…Good show!

peter11435

kengels said:
I have been on the ride several times. I am also not 4-years old. I have read the newspapers and some online info, just wondering since some of the dust has settled if anyone inside Disney was talking. If I remember correctly I did title this thread rumor patrol. I am sure the castmember that do visit this site and read this thread appreciate your sentiment towards them…Good show!
My information comes directly from the police report, and thus is not rumor but fact.

As for CM's, they are not all bad. However they are notorious for spreading rumors that have no truth.

SteveUK

I have no idea of the actual facts of the case, and quite honestly, do not want to. I am happy to engage in this discussion about rumours supposedly spread by castmembers etc if just one person can tell me - apart from disrespectful, morbid curiosity, what difference it makes and why you want to know?

kengels

Original Poster
They should he was supposedly tall enough and met the height requirement, but the restraints pull down over your shoulders and the kid could have slipped out IF the restraint was not pulled down tight enough

peter11435

kengels said:
They should he was supposedly tall enough and met the height requirement, but the restraints pull down over your shoulders and the kid could have slipped out IF the restraint was not pulled down tight enough
But the restraint was tight enough, and the kid DID NOT slip out.

kengels

Original Poster
I didn't know you were sitting next to him. He could have been secure, but things happen that normally don't happen. Even in Disney.

peter11435

kengels said:
I didn't know you were sitting next to him. He could have been secure, but things happen that normally don't happen. Even in Disney.
Ok again, it is in the police report. He was in the seat the entire time.

peter11435

kengels said:
And everything you read is true.
Ok I am not telling you what the media reported. I am telling you exactly as it appeared in the police report. The police report is far more accurate than a CM. The police report details the event and specifically states the mom found the boy "...unresponsive in his seat".

TheHawK

It was in the police report that everything you heard was wrong, Who to believe a long time member and a police report or a person who is practically new here

This is a pointless arguement, this was a sad thing that happened, lets not dwell on it any longer

jcat2312

TheHawK said:
It was in the police report that everything you heard was wrong, Who to believe a long time member and a police report or a person who is practically new here

This is a pointless arguement, this was a sad thing that happened, lets not dwell on it any longer

I totally agree with you. Why are people starting new rumors about this tragedy? There are many more topics regarding WDW that we can talk about. People are way too concerned about "how" the boy died more than the fact that this family lost their son.....

Tom

Beta Return
jcat2312 said:
I totally agree with you. Why are people starting new rumors about this tragedy? There are many more topics regarding WDW that we can talk about. People are way too concerned about "how" the boy died more than the fact that this family lost their son.....

Agreed - if someone wants to keep talking about this, they can go dig up that horrid 6 page discussion on it......good grief.

wdwishes2005

I agree with the previous three posts, its sad, i feel bad for the family. but we really should find other rumors to talk about.

mikeymouse

I haven't heard, did they say a cause of death yet? From my EMS experience, it sounds like he had a pre-existing medical condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom