Politics RUMOR: Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al to Redo Hall of Presidents

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Marc Davis Fan

If they do make a substantial change they make to HoP, it could provide a great opportunity to make the case for why Americans of different "political tribes" should remember their commonalities (e.g., that they agree on fundamental principles, and must listen to each other and work together for the continued success of the country), as well as retaining the important lesson about how the office of the President (and the related idea of government by the people) was so groundbreaking and significant.

trainplane3

What the...

"Timeless". Well just remember Weird Al has been more relevant then the artists he parodied over the decades.
Going to be honest, not buying any of this because of how "out there" it sounds.

jt04

The best idea would be to have the Muppets Great Moments In American History move into the theater.

As long as they keep an A mode (original) and b mode (such as muppets) I think it could work.

I doubt the mouse would be in any hurry to enter something potentially controversial right now though.

Animaniac93-98

HoP is too "Epcoty" for MK anyway.

MK used to have things like American Journeys in CircleVision and The Walt Disney Story. It was part of a broader, sentimental look at Americana. MK is not MK without these kinds of attractions. It's why half the park's lands deal with American history in some form.

HoP, and Liberty Square at large, was an idea Walt originally had for Disneyland. He went on TV explaining why it should be added (you can watch that clip on Disney+). Its eventual realization in Florida was not just an effort to capitalize on the then upcoming Bicentennial, but the culmination of almost 15 years of technical progress on the part of WED. It was a major achievement that helped to define the park as a separate, unique experience when compared to Disneyland.

The idea that HoP isn't appropriate for MK is just further proof of how dumbed down and cartoon focused the park has become. It's a shame when you consider the ideas and man the park is supposed to represent.

Mainahman

Ok so you take 2 of my favorite things...
Lin Manuel Miranda genius
Weird Al's pure genius

What you get is a very family friendly, edutainment outcomes. Hamilton Polka was well done, and they already have collaborated.

I for one love HOP, but this would make me love it even more!!

Magenta Panther

What the...

"Timeless". Well just remember Weird Al has been more relevant then the artists he parodied over the decades.
Going to be honest, not buying any of this because of how "out there" it sounds.

Weird Al would be nothing without the artists he parodied. And he wouldn't be relevant without them either. Some genius.

techgeek

Weird Al would be nothing without the artists he parodied. And he wouldn't be relevant without them either. Some genius.

Weird Al is famous because of his parodies and polka, but his musical talents have a far wider range. I would consider him in the top tier of singer / songwriters, and one that knows the entire business inside out from technical ability to showmanship. His parodies are successful because of the deep understanding and respect he pays to the source material. He's not just tracking some wacky lyrics on top of the original, he rebuilds and reworks them from the ground up. You can't do that without rock solid fundamentals.

It's a pretty far out rumor, but I would completely trust Lin and Al to be able to find the right tone for HoP to reinvent it while paying respect to the original show. I can't think of any other pop culture entertainers I'd give those keys to 'no questions asked'.

Lin, of course, has a strong current tie to the Walt Disney Company... but has Al done anything at all with the mouse?

Magenta Panther

Weird Al is famous because of his parodies and polka, but his musical talents have a far wider range. I would consider him in the top tier of singer / songwriters, and one that knows the entire business inside out from technical ability to showmanship. His parodies are successful because of the deep understanding and respect he pays to the source material. He's not just tracking some wacky lyrics on top of the original, he rebuilds and reworks them from the ground up. You can't do that without rock solid fundamentals.

It's a pretty far out rumor, but I would completely trust Lin and Al to be able to find the right tone for HoP to reinvent it while paying respect to the original show. I can't think of any other pop culture entertainers I'd give those keys to 'no questions asked'.

I wouldn't trust either of them with a reboot of Barney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom