[RUMOR] Imagination's potential replacement?

*Q*

The worst part about this is that journey into your imagination, believe it or not, actually had a better imageworks than jiwf does. Sure, it wasn't as good as the original's, but still.

footage starts at 7:16

footage starts at 7:33
99tones.jpg

the above is the stepping tones
I just now realized how much of the downstairs ImageWorks was obviously made with spare parts from a McDonald's PlayPlace.

sedati

Thanks as always to Martin for another amazing tribute.

I'm happy to say that after a long... long absence (Mission Space was brand new on my last trip) I am headed back to the world next week. As someone who had been visiting since the was but one park on property, I'm curious how I will find things. Pertaining to the thread at hand, I loved Journey Into Imagination. It's loss has been probably the hardest to accept out of everything else. Not sure if I'm alone in thinking this, but "Journey Into Imagination with Figment" is my least favorite of the three versions of this ride. The second didn't warrant a re-ride, but I don't recall being as upset as when I disembarked from this third version. Figment was meant to be a character of childish delight and wonder, not some irksome prankster. Honestly not sure if I'm going to visit it on this new trip. Hoping a fourth iteration is soon in the cards.

trainplane3

Thanks as always to Martin for another amazing tribute.

I'm happy to say that after a long... long absence (Mission Space was brand new on my last trip) I am headed back to the world next week. As someone who had been visiting since the was but one park on property, I'm curious how I will find things. Pertaining to the thread at hand, I loved Journey Into Imagination. It's loss has been probably the hardest to accept out of everything else. Not sure if I'm alone in thinking this, but "Journey Into Imagination with Figment" is my least favorite of the three versions of this ride. The second didn't warrant a re-ride, but I don't recall being as upset as when I disembarked from this third version. Figment was meant to be a character of childish delight and wonder, not some irksome prankster. Honestly not sure if I'm going to visit it on this new trip. Hoping a fourth iteration is soon in the cards.
I'd still ride V3. I mean, the line is usually 10 minutes tops and there is A/C. I'll agree 100% on Figment being a prankster on this version. I'm amazed that the Figment survey did as well as it did (based on what others been said. Not confirmed).

Honestly one of the biggest bummers is the DVC lounge on the second floor. I was up there last year and it's depressing. What was once a interesting, fun place is now (literally) a tossed together lounge that isn't kept clean and is noisy (jam a bunch of adults that don't control their kids in a greenhouse with no sound deadening, great!). The view is nice from up there but the lounge is just sloppy and quite crap. But hey, free snacks and drinks. This is one perk I wouldn't miss at all.

Build a small V1 ImageWorks area up there and I'll reconsider. Then again, they're still gutting it 15+ years later.

FigmentJedi

Not sure if I'm alone in thinking this, but "Journey Into Imagination with Figment" is my least favorite of the three versions of this ride. The second didn't warrant a re-ride, but I don't recall being as upset as when I disembarked from this third version. Figment was meant to be a character of childish delight and wonder, not some irksome prankster.
That's only because Eric Idle didn't heed the age old warning
sign-dragon-ketchup.jpg

JEANYLASER

Do you like Phineas and Ferb Restore Imagination with Figment. and Meet and Greet Phineas and Ferb in the Imagination. What do you think?

CanadianGordon

I was at Fan Expo Toronto last month, and got to meet the writer of the Figment comics AND get them signed too. He said they'd love to do more and that he's super sad at the state the current version is in. Not much else other than what we already know, where they were surprised by how well the fans loved it. I told him how wonderful it was to see a great character be given proper life again by his writing.

Daveeeeed

I was at Fan Expo Toronto last month, and got to meet the writer of the Figment comics AND get them signed too. He said they'd love to do more and that he's super sad at the state the current version is in. Not much else other than what we already know, where they were surprised by how well the fans loved it. I told him how wonderful it was to see a great character be given proper life again by his writing.
If they give justice to Figment, I will forgive current management for some of the nonsense they have done.:D

trainplane3

If they give justice to Figment, I will forgive current management for some of the nonsense they have done.:D
I feel like I could agree with this. ESPECIALLY if Dreamfinder returned (comic or original version). Going on a real journey into imagination and not a "Journey into Monty Pythons somehow boring and sterile lab featuring bad CGI Figment" would really make me happy they used a in-park IP to its' full extent and are making a great ride out of it.

Phil12

I feel like I could agree with this. ESPECIALLY if Dreamfinder returned (comic or original version). Going on a real journey into imagination and not a "Journey into Monty Pythons somehow boring and sterile lab featuring bad CGI Figment" would really make me happy they used a in-park IP to its' full extent and are making a great ride out of it.
The actor that played the walk around Dreamfinder at EPCOT (Ron Schneider) signed on last year to play Walt's frozen head in the upcoming movie "The Further Adventures of Walt's Frozen Head". http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...hneider-walts-frozen-head-20160607-story.html

trainplane3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom