Rumor - Disney looking to drop EA

erasure fan1

Original Poster
https://screenrant.com/disney-star-wars-ea-games/

It's just a rumor but man would it be great for it to happen. As long as EA has star wars all we can expect is mediocrity. Let the best developer for the style of game make the game. Don't limit yourself with just one company. I hope they don't sign an exclusive agreement with anyone, but decided on a game by game basis.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That would be nice. I would really love to see another immersive, story based Star Wars game.

A 6 hour single player campaign tacked onto multi-player carnage just does not do it for me.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
That would be nice. I would really love to see another immersive, story based Star Wars game.

A 6 hour single player campaign tacked onto multi-player carnage just does not do it for me.
I know its beating a dead horse but a finale to kotor is needed. Or at least a game of that scope. I just want my witcher 3 star wars style so I can sink 100+ hours into it.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
This article says Activision is one of the developers that are rumored to be one that takes over the license and well....they're heavy on microtransactions too.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
From what I have been told by people in the know, Disney were not happy with the way EA handled Battlefront 2 and have removed their Star Wars deal, it won't go to anyone that is micro transaction heavy, or it shouldn't unless they can prove it won't diminish the main game.

Indy_UK

Interesting article.

Loot boxes aside, I'm actually OK with EA going the Star Wars games. I imagine there's a deal in place for set number of years (I heard 10) so not sure if they can be just stripped of th license

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Interesting article.

Loot boxes aside, I'm actually OK with EA going the Star Wars games. I imagine there's a deal in place for set number of years (I heard 10) so not sure if they can be just stripped of th license
I really would have liked Disney to farm it out. EA was/is the wrong studio for star wars in my opinion. Let the studios that want to make games come to you, then you can choose the projects to approve. EA has far to long of a track record of total mediocrity. Battlefront was $20 worth of content they charged $60 plus the dlc for. The 2nd was a train wreck from the start but it least it had single player. But it was still $30 of content. Give me a CD project red open world RPG and you have my money no matter what the cost.

ThanksPhoenicians

I really would have liked Disney to farm it out. EA was/is the wrong studio for star wars in my opinion. Let the studios that want to make games come to you, then you can choose the projects to approve. EA has far to long of a track record of total mediocrity. Battlefront was $20 worth of content they charged $60 plus the dlc for. The 2nd was a train wreck from the start but it least it had single player. But it was still $30 of content. Give me a CD project red open world RPG and you have my money no matter what the cost.
I'm strongly for a CD Projekt SW RPG. They're more Bioware than Bioware has ever been.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Saw that moments after I posted like an idiot. Hopefully they pull it off. Something like that can be a licensing nightmare and if EA wanted, they could have it shuttered.
That they could and I would not put it past them.

On a side note I just finished the campaign for Star Wars Battlefront 2 last night. I picked the game up on sale for just under $20 a couple of weeks ago.

Hands down the buggiest AAA title I have ever played. I expect a bug or two if I am playing on launch day, but there is no excuse for game crashing bugs 8 months past launch.

If this is what is indicative of EA's quality, I would much rather see another studio get a crack at it.

ThanksPhoenicians

That they could and I would not put it past them.

On a side note I just finished the campaign for Star Wars Battlefront 2 last night. I picked the game up on sale for just under $20 a couple of weeks ago.

Hands down the buggiest AAA title I have ever played. I expect a bug or two if I am playing on launch day, but there is no excuse for game crashing bugs 8 month past launch.

If this is what is indicative of EA's quality, I would much rather see another studio get a crack at it.
I've heard really bad things about it. I know it was only slapped in there to appease all the people who hated that the first one didn't have a campaign, but something so horribly supported as that should never have happened.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've heard really bad things about it. I know it was only slapped in there to appease all the people who hated that the first one didn't have a campaign, but something so horribly supported as that should never have happened.
That was the reason I did not get the first one.

The story was actually halfway decent, but having to do a hard reset on a game after pausing for about 15 minutes or more is a real deal breaker. "Flying" Kylo Ren was also a big pain.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It doesn't help EA's case that one of the SW games that was in production has been shelved after the person in charge left the company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom