RUMOR: Disney Buying Hasbro?

M.rudolf

Well beyond the obvious orders of magnitude... the movie business is inherently a risk proposition.

Hasbro (like most other companies) primarily relies upon contract manufacturing. They only have two factories of their own, and they aren't significant to their overall manufacturing. They are already on the same footing as a company like Disney. Put in the volume, and you get the access to the plants.

The Hub? They already have cable channels (XD and Jr) for that market.. and the Hub is a joint venture with Discovery. The Hub doesn't represent a huge income potential to Disney (lumped into a pile that only made 25 million last year). The big money franchises (Transformers, GI Joe) are already tied up in movie deals.

Unless you expect great potential from NERF movies or My Little Pony... this is more liability then gain for Disney.
No matter what anyone says your right. Marvel in the beginning was more liability than gain also. Some of your statements are dead on others,not so much. I'm going to cut this short I don't have the time or energy to get into a long drug out argue net with you due to the fact that every time someone does your bury them in posts way to long and way to boring. Your thinking like a person who doesn't have the time or expense account to take a gamble. Disney does and lately they've shown that they are willing to take chances

flynnibus

Premium Member
I take gambles on things that have a positive OUTCOME.. not gambling just to break even over a decade.

If you find defending your own claims boring - well maybe that says something about your claims. You're saying they should buy them for things they don't actually have...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Based on these laws, what is your interpretation of this article? Hasbro says "no comment" as expected, but "Hasrbo's Advisors" have said the nothing is in the works.
I think the article is a fluff piece put out by the publishers to appease the public's appetite.

There is absolutely no substance to the article because there CAN'T be. There is no source of information that could be obtained without violating either the law or the possible acquisition itself.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Insider trading doesn't prevent public disclosure

It's other reasons why a company would not disclose ongoing negotiations.. Because it would inflate the price

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Insider trading doesn't prevent public disclosure

It's other reasons why a company would not disclose ongoing negotiations.. Because it would inflate the price
Exactly, a leak would jeopardize the transaction. Anybody that has any importation is not going to publicly admit they know anything at all.

lazyboy97o

I wish they'd buy DC Comics away from Warner Bros. Warners can't seem to figure out what to do with that property and can't get a Justice League movie off the ground. I'd have more faith in Disney.
The success of the Marvel films has nothing to do with Disney. Marvel has stood their ground and retained their anonymity. If they succumb to Disney's pressure we will likely see the same sort of disarray that we see with DC.

billDozer

so universal builds harry potter world disney builds new fantasyland universal refurbs spiderman disney buys marvel universal build transformers disney buy hasbro universal cant catch a break

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom