Rumor - Depp back as Sparrow?

Vegas Disney Fan

Other sites are saying it’s false, it’s based off a comment from the trial asking Depp if he’d return as Capt Jack for $300 million, to which he replied no.

No idea how that got spun into a deal is in the works.

ImperfectPixie

And there you go. Rumor killed in record time!
This was too similar to the James Gunn situation for my comfort...Disney reacted before having all the facts again. And if we're being honest, my bet is that there are plenty of people working under the Disney umbrella that have or have had issues similar to Depp's.

And it es me off because Jack Sparrow is Depp's character 100%.

OG Runner

It would all depend on if Disney would make the smart decision or what they think is the politically correct decision.
Depp is Sparrow. Having a Pirates movie without him is not going to work. If Disney wants to make some money with
another Pirates movie bring Depp back. If not, prepare for a flop and a lot of wasted effort.

ImperfectPixie

I would agree, unless Johnny is really dying to play Jack again (and I don't know if he is or isn't) its probably going to be more than $301M that'll bring him back.
I'm not sure money would be the deal-breaker for him...it may be something contractual or maybe even a public apology for their knee-jerk reaction.

Many thought Disney wouldn't bring Gunn back, either...so I'm going to hang onto a speck of hope that they may at least try.

ImperfectPixie

He's not. I sincerely doubt Disney will ever want anything to do with him again, and I'm glad of it.
#1) No one in the most recent conversation said the current rumor is true.
#2) Everything is speculation at this point.
#3) Apparently you didn't even read the article you posted...because there are at least 2 executives saying he *may* be asked to return.

From the link:
As for Depp potentially being involved, Bruckheimer, 78, said, "Not at this point" but "the future is yet to be decided."

While Hollywood insiders have conflicting views on whether his career will bounce back after the trial, a former Disney exec thinks Depp could be asked to return to the Pirates franchise soon.

"I absolutely believe post-verdict that Pirates is primed for rebooting with Johnny as Capt. Jack back on board," the former exec told PEOPLE following the verdict. "There is just too much potential box-office treasure for a beloved character deeply embedded in the Disney culture."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom