Rumor - Depp back as Sparrow?

Mousse'

Faith… hopefully the stock market will recover, Americans will be philosophically reunited or brought closer together, Disney will stop corporately “eating its own” and remember what value and quality are, and there will be another GOOD Pirates movie with Depp at the helm. At least I hope that all happens in my lifetime.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If the $300M was for one film, the total budget would be about $450M which means that film would have to make over $1.3B just to break even.

No one is ever going to be offered that much for one movie.

On Stranger Tides had a $411M budget, made $1B at the Box Office and lost $93M.

The next movie reined in that budget bloat. Dead Men had a $280 budget (sill huge, tho), made $794M at the Box Office and lost $23M.

Attempting another bloated budget Pirates movie would be insane.

Gandalf The Grey

Regardless of how anyone feels about Depp or the trial outcome, this discussion definitely belongs on a Disney parks forum.
Depp is as big of a name in the Disney library as Fess Parker and Annette Funicello. Whether or not he wears the famous captain's hat or boots again, his past contributions to such a big character and franchise won't be leaving Disney fans minds anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amidala

Regardless of how anyone feels about Depp or the trial outcome, this discussion definitely belongs on a Disney parks forum.
Depp is as big of a name in the Disney library as Fess Parker and Annette Funicello. Whether or not he wears the famous captain's hat or boots again, his past contributions to such a big character and franchise won't be leaving Disney fans minds anytime soon.

Anyway putting aside whether Disney "would" continue the Pirates franchise or not, does anyone actually want them to...? I thought most audiences were in agreement those movies haven't been enjoyable since At World's End (and arguably even Dead Man's Chest, depending on your level of tolerance). Genuinely confused about this, since 4 & 5 were panned by critics for being borderline unwatchable. Don't they both have a 30% on Rotten Tomatoes?

Last edited by a moderator:

Magenta Panther

Well, Depp might be recovering a bit. He's just signed a new deal with Dior fragrance:

Personally, I'd welcome him back as Sparrow. I had my doubts at first, but I think the court trial's revelations about his psycho ex-wife has helped repair his reputation. We'll see what happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom