Rude Cast Member

WDW-Fan4Life

The customer is always right...at the very least a discount could have been offered until the issue was investigated further (calling the CC company and disp the charge would be step 1, you were in Mich not FL WDW so there is no way to charge you for this service you could not use). A manager level emp at ticketing could have made something work out. a Bad customer service employee is one that lets the customer walk away feeling unhappy.

WDW2010

I did email Disney so hopefully I will hear something soon.

I fully believe in giving compliments to cast members who do their work above and beyond, but I also believe that a cast member who is rude and unwilling to listen or show concern should be held accountable.

Like I said, I have names if Disney really wants them.

Wow, thats all I can say and you really should have included them in the original e-mail like a poster said above me. Some people would feel bad but you know what I wouldn't. Disney is a place where "Magic and dreams" come true, and there shouldn't be rude CM's simple as that. Every Disney experience is supposed to be like no other and thankfully I haven't encountered a problem yet with service by CM's and if I were to come across an issue, their names would be flung out in a heart beat. They did it to you, and causing you to be frustrated and annoyed and I'm sure they will do it to someone else.

SusanAnne

Original Poster
One side of the story.

In regards to this, it may be my side of the story, however I stood there over an hour trying to work this out and I might add, unless you were there or have ever been in that situation, you have no clue. I hope you never are in that position, because everyone works hard for there money and no one wants to feel like their feelings/concerns don't count. I only wrote on here hoping to get some knowledge.

It doesn't matter where you stay or how much you spend, nobody deserves to be treated in that manner.

Yes, I did include all three names in my email to Disney, I just didn't post them here.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Wow sorry to hear that...I have never :knock on wood: had a bad experience with a Customer service cast member yet. Had some problems but the Disney people went far out of their way to make things better.

SusanAnne

Original Poster
Happy Ending!

I am happy to say that I am finally replying back.

Monday eveing I did receive a call from guest communications, however the email address was WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com, I didn't have world on it so it didn't end up going anywhere.

Anyhow this nice woman had been trying to contact me for a week or so, she listened to my story, she confirmed that what I was saying made since, because I had not changed my reservations so she said it was obvious a cast member booked me on the wrong date.

I explained to her our main concern was how we were treated and she was very kind, we probably talked 10-15 minutes on the phone and she said that she knows our last day was robbed from us (as she put it) and so she said she was giving me "4 two day tickets with hopper passes" as a way of making it up to me. She said that guest like us are the reason they have jobs, she was so kind and I really appreciated that she listened to my concerns and of course for the great free Disney tickets!!
Happy Ending
Thank you all for your kind words and help.

PeoplemoverTTA

Glad to hear that a CM finally showed some understanding...and the tickets are a nice bonus! I understand how you must have felt - sometimes you accept that mistakes happen, but a sympathetic ear from your CM would've helped!

SusanAnne

Original Poster
Glad to hear that a CM finally showed some understanding...and the tickets are a nice bonus! I understand how you must have felt - sometimes you accept that mistakes happen, but a sympathetic ear from your CM would've helped!

Exactly!!
I told her that when my husband found glass in his food at the Yacht Club we weren't angry, because they came right out and showed they cared.
Really that is all that we needed to hear, that we made a mistake and we are sorry....

The kind woman I spoke to made everything much better!

Courtney1188

I have to ask why you hate to suggest this? Isn't this what the credit card challenge is designed to do? Now the other side is it is the OP responsibility to make sure the CM scheduled the correct date. Before I get flamed, I am on the OP side and believe the OP should get the money back. My point is below:

Yes, you cannot assume in this day of age that people are competent (even at Disney). Seems people make so many mistakes in this day of age. So you need to print receipts and review what was ordered. I take every confirmation number for my ADR. Sadly, you can't assume people get it right. I little extra work before you leave can save a bad scene at Disney.

This kind of bothers me. It's not as if the person making the reservation was purposely careless. Think of it this way...if they make hundreds of reservations every day (which I'd assume they typically do), and one gets messed up, they still got over 99% of them right. They are human beings and none of us are perfect. That is why, as you said, it's important to double-check online afterwards and make sure everything was done correctly. But as someone who used to work for Disney I resent the attitude that it's some current thing where workers just make so many mistakes, that isn't true at all, this sort of thing is actually very rare.

And just to clarify, I'm only talking about the CM who made a mistake with the resort reservation. Clearly there is no reason to be rude to a guest.

juniorthomas

I had made reservations for the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise for our last night at Disney (Friday), however when I checked in at the Contempory, they said that I was a no show and I gave them my ressie # and the girl who booked my trip (over phone), booked me for the prior Friday (4th), well I tried to explain that made no sense because I was still in Michigan, besides I had my confirmation number etc. They claimed my money was refunded to my account, although it didn't show in my bank yet, which is odd because they told me when I booked it if I didn't cancell within 48 hours I would lose all of my money which was $ 230.00. The guy I spoke with at the Contempory (concerige) was extremely rude and said it wasn't his problem and he can't do anything to help me, and he said well if we can fit you in on tonights cruise will you take it? My reply is do I have to pay again, being I was still out $230.00 and his reply well yes, I said sir, I have spent a week in Disney and I just can't afford to re-pay another $230.00, his reply, I'm sorry if you didn't budget accordingly!! By this time I was very upset, he put me on the phone with some woman who was just as rude as he was saying, we can't help you. I tried to explain to them, why would I book a cruise for a night that we were still in Michigan???? Besides I had gone thru my other reservations that week so there is no way possible I told her wrong. I told both of them, that we had been going to Disney for the past 15 years staying at nice resorts spending lots of money, but they would not budge.
The sad thing is, we had eaten at the Yacht club earlier in the week and my husband found a piece of glass in his fruit from the buffet, he calmy told the waitress and said we didn't want free food, he just wanted it off the buffet because a small child that we noticed was eating the same food. Disney was great, paid for the meal etc.

However, these people were so mean and cold.
Is there a number where I can call or write, I was very upset, the guy we spoke to at the desk, constantly would get on the phone and walk away while discussing our situation so we could not hear him, this was very un-professional, we didn't want anything other than some compassion.
Any advice would be helpful.

One thing I did do, was when we left there very upset, we went to the MK and I went over by town hall to compliment our tour guide Claire who did a wonderful job at our Keys tour, so I tried to end our vacation on a wonderful note, but it does not excuse the rude behavior that we as well as others standing there noticed ( we had people standing in line listening and agreeing with us)

Such a shame you had to deal with someone like that. I do hope that when you call back someone will be able to remedy the situation. You are supposed to have nothing but positive experiences with Disney. So sad that someone would provide such a poor level of service! I hope it wont dissuade you from going back though.

Disney Dawg88

Such a shame you had to deal with someone like that. I do hope that when you call back someone will be able to remedy the situation. You are supposed to have nothing but positive experiences with Disney. So sad that someone would provide such a poor level of service! I hope it wont dissuade you from going back though.

Someone did remedy the situation, they gave her and her family four 2 day park hopper passes.

Mansion Butler

I had made reservations for the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise for our last night at Disney (Friday), however when I checked in at the Contempory, they said that I was a no show and I gave them my ressie # and the girl who booked my trip (over phone), booked me for the prior Friday (4th), well I tried to explain that made no sense because I was still in Michigan, besides I had my confirmation number etc. They claimed my money was refunded to my account, although it didn't show in my bank yet, which is odd because they told me when I booked it if I didn't cancell within 48 hours I would lose all of my money which was $ 230.00. The guy I spoke with at the Contempory (concerige) was extremely rude and said it wasn't his problem and he can't do anything to help me, and he said well if we can fit you in on tonights cruise will you take it? My reply is do I have to pay again, being I was still out $230.00 and his reply well yes, I said sir, I have spent a week in Disney and I just can't afford to re-pay another $230.00, his reply, I'm sorry if you didn't budget accordingly!! By this time I was very upset, he put me on the phone with some woman who was just as rude as he was saying, we can't help you. I tried to explain to them, why would I book a cruise for a night that we were still in Michigan???? Besides I had gone thru my other reservations that week so there is no way possible I told her wrong. I told both of them, that we had been going to Disney for the past 15 years staying at nice resorts spending lots of money, but they would not budge.
The sad thing is, we had eaten at the Yacht club earlier in the week and my husband found a piece of glass in his fruit from the buffet, he calmy told the waitress and said we didn't want free food, he just wanted it off the buffet because a small child that we noticed was eating the same food. Disney was great, paid for the meal etc.

However, these people were so mean and cold.
Is there a number where I can call or write, I was very upset, the guy we spoke to at the desk, constantly would get on the phone and walk away while discussing our situation so we could not hear him, this was very un-professional, we didn't want anything other than some compassion.
Any advice would be helpful.

One thing I did do, was when we left there very upset, we went to the MK and I went over by town hall to compliment our tour guide Claire who did a wonderful job at our Keys tour, so I tried to end our vacation on a wonderful note, but it does not excuse the rude behavior that we as well as others standing there noticed ( we had people standing in line listening and agreeing with us)
I'm sorry to hear that. :(

The rest of us promise to do better.

SusanAnne

Original Poster
This kind of bothers me. It's not as if the person making the reservation was purposely careless. Think of it this way...if they make hundreds of reservations every day (which I'd assume they typically do), and one gets messed up, they still got over 99% of them right. They are human beings and none of us are perfect. That is why, as you said, it's important to double-check online afterwards and make sure everything was done correctly. But as someone who used to work for Disney I resent the attitude that it's some current thing where workers just make so many mistakes, that isn't true at all, this sort of thing is actually very rare.

And just to clarify, I'm only talking about the CM who made a mistake with the resort reservation. Clearly there is no reason to be rude to a guest.

I totally agree with people are human and make mistakes, my problem is that they didn't care that it ruined our last night and they wouldn't even say sorry, so that is the main reason I contacted Disny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom