Roy said WHAT????

marksniles

Originally posted by wdwcrazy
I was there and IT WAS A JOKE! Everyone laughed at it after it was done, nobody went running from the room scared that he was going to pull out a gun and start shooting. He joked about a lot of things to lighten the mood and he was a lot of fun to listen to.

But in the perfessional world and especially with what has happened since 9/11, it's just common sense that you JUST DON'T SAY STUFF LIKE THAT!

Originally posted by lebernadin
:rolleyes:

However the incompetent(read Columbine, serial killers, chemically inbalanced) ones that take such comments literally.
As a professional teacher who deals with the public on a daily basis, I consider myself to BE competent. There is NO chemical imbalance here!

Gregory

Sure, in a world so politically correct, its not the best thing to say...

But to be honest with you, I'm still laughing... That was pretty funny, even though he never should have said it...

I really wish I could have gone to his rally... Oh well... maybe in 20 years I'll be able to get to the removal of the next CEO ;)

mac388

Originally posted by wdwcrazy
Were YOU there yesterday? Did you see the meeting in person? NO. I did not see ANY gaybashing by ANYONE inside of that room. Roy, Stanley, nobody did any gay bashing. It was the Christian people OUTSIDE of the building handing out anti-gay literature. Roy and savedisney.com had NOTHING to do with them AT ALL. The meeting yesterday was actually very professionally done, make sure you get your FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH.

Great response. Do you really think that Roy would gay-bash! I mean, just for the purposes of support in numbers, a large number of park Cast Members are gay. And I'm not saying this as a bad thing, but there is a higher percentage of homosexual people working at Disney than if you were to randomly take a group of people off the street.

People need to CHILL about the rifles comment. He was adding humor to a tense situation. Don't get all PC about this! If you are truly intelligent, you will be able to read that quote as a joke.

lebernadin

Originally posted by mac388
People need to CHILL about the rifles comment. He was adding humor to a tense situation. Don't get all PC about this! If you are truly intelligent, you will be able to read that quote as a joke.

Who isn't reading it as a joke in this thread? But you're being presumptious that everyone who reads/hears the same things you do come away from them with the same reaction, which is far from accurate. When you're speaking in a public forum or on the record you're held accountable for everything you say and my point in prior posts in this thread is the last thing we need is comments like this being read by irrational people who can't see the humor in it as we do. I won't jump down a few stories to the level of your "intelligence" comment.

roysta123

WDWCRAZY is right. The Christian Activist group was outside handing out flyers and Roy and Stanley had nothing to do with it. I was also there in the third row for the meeting right behind Roy's wife and kids and when he said the rifle thing he said that he used to think that rifles would get it over with but he then said, I didn't say that and everyone laughed.

TiggerBW

Yes. I was there too, and it was a funny comment. Roy made lots of funny comments. It was humorous! No harm done. :D

frazierle

I wasn't there but in an ariticle I read - His comments were based on the number of folks supporting the cause - Army - rifles. I believe he was surprised by the attendance and the enthusiasm by the crowd. I never did get the feeling from the article that he was actually serious but indeed trying to lighten the mood.

Disneyland1970

Who isn't reading it as a joke in this thread? But you're being presumptious that everyone who reads/hears the same things you do come away from them with the same reaction, which is far from accurate. When you're speaking in a public forum or on the record you're held accountable for everything you say and my point in prior posts in this thread is the last thing we need is comments like this being read by irrational people who can't see the humor in it as we do. I won't jump down a few stories to the level of your "intelligence" comment.

Now don't get all y! It was a joke. Is this outburst taking place because MIKE got a big 43%!! I still think you are Mike.:lol:

Where did you get your Psych degree??

marksniles

Very elegantly spoken! :sohappy:

Disneyland1970

Originally posted by marksniles
But in the perfessional world and especially with what has happened since 9/11, it's just common sense that you JUST DON'T SAY STUFF LIKE THAT!

As a professional teacher who deals with the public on a daily basis, I consider myself to BE competent. There is NO chemical imbalance here!

Wow! If you are wound that tight, I bet your classes are a blast!

When did you turn pro?

I think you and lebernadin are reading alot into a joke!

CTXRover

Whether or not people realize this was a joke...it was still in bad taste. To put it into context, Roy said that the army is growing and that as he has thought IN THE PAST, if he had enough rifles this thing would be over much faster. In response...someone (Stanely??) said "Careful"...to which then Roy jokingly said "I never said that".

Believe it or not, it was an inappropriate thing to say and apparently didn't just spring into his head at that moment. I can guarentee those who are saying Roy did no wrong here would chastise the heck out of Eisner if he jokingly said the same thing.....I support Roy and his efforts and am completely for the removal of Eisner....but I can't support Roy for saying this....especially since he is championing the family quality and innocent magic that Disney is famous for. Sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom