Roy Disney Thanks Letter

bluesnut

Dizknee_Phreek said:
Roy putting his foot in the door is better than nothing...to me, it's better to have him kind of in the company than outside of it completely. Baby steps, people, baby steps ;)

I agree I am very glad he is back with the company even though it is not a really ideal position. I still don't like the fact that he sold the controlling interest in the company. Regardless of what all of us think or say he is still family(Disney family) and with the family not having controlling interest in the company that they started makes me sad :cry: . Martha stepped down from her company and removed her name from the for front but maintained her controlling interest of stock, so technically she still has a good grip on the company. I don't know whether Walt's daughters have a hand in the business or not I was always under the understanding that they did not. And yes he could buy it back but people come on at about $30 a share that is one car load of money. He may have alot but that much :confused: .

Now for something I brought up on the other thread when the first announcement was made. What about Stanley Gould??? He backed Roy all the way, he quit for him for goodness sake does he not get anything? That isn't right. I think that Roy sold out Stan along with all of us.

And also I LOVE your Avatar. Will you be shutting down everything tomorrow to start reading book six???

bluesnut

Woody13 said:
In 2003, Roy Disney owned 17.3 million shares of the company (less than 2% of the outstanding shares). He has never owned anything close to a controlling interest.

I am sorry I guess I miss understood some of the press coverage that took place at the time of the sale. This article is not what I thought or isn't really that good. But I will admit math was not my strong subject. :lol: I do remember some article that used the phrase "controlling interest". I will try to not stick my foot in my mouth any further. :hammer: :(

Borf7

I'm extremely disappointed in Roy Disney's decision to close down the website. I don't know how familiar everyone here is with the book "Disney War" written by James Stewart. Roy seems like the type of person that gives in very easily. I'm not sure yet if Bob Iger is a good choice and whether the rode Disney is on is good or bad, but one thing is for certain; Disney certainly is not saved yet. I truly hope its on the way to being saved but it is NOT there. SaveDisney.com should remain open until the company is at a much better point than it is now.

askmike1

I'm sorry if somebody already asked this (I don't feel like getting involved in another SD thread, so I didn't bother reading the posts), but why was this posted in the WDW Parks News and Rumors section (like the other SD thread was). Doesn't anyone else realise there is a Disney Co. News section?

-Michael

Woody13

Borf7 said:
I'm extremely disappointed in Roy Disney's decision to close down the website. I don't know how familiar everyone here is with the book "Disney War" written by James Stewart. Roy seems like the type of person that gives in very easily. I'm not sure yet if Bob Iger is a good choice and whether the rode Disney is on is good or bad, but one thing is for certain; Disney certainly is not saved yet. I truly hope its on the way to being saved but it is NOT there. SaveDisney.com should remain open until the company is at a much better point than it is now.
No. Disney never needed to be saved. Roy and Stan are both selfish and have used Disney fans as dupes to further their unscrupulous scheme. Roy and Stan got caught with their "hands" in the cookie jar and they must now pay the price. I direct your attention to the 5 year clause in the agreement. The gullibility of some Disney fans amazes me.

Woody13 said:
No. Disney never needed to be saved. Roy and Stan are both selfish and have used Disney fans as dupes to further their unscrupulous scheme. Roy and Stan got caught with their "hands" in the cookie jar and they must now pay the price. I direct your attention to the 5 year clause in the agreement. The gullibility of some Disney fans amazes me.

You'll never realize how wrong you are, Woody13!:mad:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
disneyphilip said:
You'll never realize how wrong you are, Woody13!:mad:

you see Philip, where we live, in reality, when a contract is signed, the terms and conditions of it are valid until it is rewritten, nullified, or amended. That means that until any of those things happen, Woody is right and you are wrong.

Sorry to once again prove you wrong.

mkt said:
you see Philip, where we live, in reality, when a contract is signed, the terms and conditions of it are valid until it is rewritten, nullified, or amended. That means that until any of those things happen, Woody is right and you are wrong.

Sorry to once again prove you wrong Mr. Kippel.

Woody13 is SO wrong, mkt! And so are you!

So, mkt, please do us all a favor and stop acting like such a know-it-all!

Also, you missed the point of Woody13's post--he wasn't talking about what you think he was talking about. I said he was wrong because he was criticizing Roy and Stanley and their SaveDisney campaign.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom