Roundup BBQ

electric

Original Poster
Why is it so hard to get reservations for this place? I have looked every day for our Nov trip and there isnt anything at all for that week or the next 2 months. Is there something going on or is it that popular?

MissingDisney

Are you looking for a specific date/time? I actually just made reservations yesterday and every day for our week in November still had lots of times available. I looked again just now and it was about the same.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Have you tried a reservation finder? Like UNCGolf said it's popular because it's new. When times are gone it gets difficult because others are running reservation finders and they book within minutes of anything opening. So if only randomly looking it's unlikely you'll find anything until the day or two before.

LeighM

I just made reservations this week for our HS day in late November and was able to get it for dinner and had a lot of options to choose from. I've learned that if there's a hard to get dining reservation that you want, schedule it for later in your trip when you're competing with less people for it. For example, my check in day will be on a Saturday and I have a reservation for HS on Wednesday. I always set my alarm clock for 6AM the first day my dining window opens and have always gotten every reservation I want that way. But keep checking, people cancel all the time.

LeighM

I am trying to find 6 seats for November 7th. I cant see anything at all for that date.

Try looking again at the 30 day cancellation date because people will cancel around that time and some dining will open back up. That's the boat I'm in - I have to cancel by Oct 25th without penalty for the start of my package stay. If my old dog is still living then I'll cancel it. And I have a lot of good ones to cancel too LOL - 'Ohana, Space 220, Roundup BBQ, and Storybook Dining at Artist Point.

Raidermatt

It's fairly new and yes, its popular. As with any restaurant, the size of your party and time(s) you are looking for also makes a difference.

NelleBelle

I had a hard time initially getting a time for our visit last month. For just 2 of us, I could only find a time of 8:15 for a party of 2. I checked back fairly regularly to see if I could get an earlier time but never found one so we had late dinner and the park was “closed” when we were finished.

Dad 2 M & M

I am trying to find 6 seats for November 7th. I cant see anything at all for that date.
The system used to have qwerks…try Odd number of peeps, try 5 first, as that will get you beyond a booth or standard table and whatever is assigned will accommodate at least 6. You could also try 7, and the worst that could happen would be a charge for 1 no show….those qwerks used to exist…not sure if they’re still around

- Will you be in the Park before November? If so, stop by and ask for mgr/supervisor and see if they can “manually” add you….maybe

They take walk ups and we are there two weeks back, just after a monsoon started…we were a party of 2, so much easier to accommodate

Lilofan

Why is it so hard to get reservations for this place? I have looked every day for our Nov trip and there isnt anything at all for that week or the next 2 months. Is there something going on or is it that popular?
Take an Uber to Bubbalous BBQ on Kirkman Rd by Universal. Bare bones place, come hungry , finger licking good BBQ and sides.

MissingDisney

...try Odd number of peeps, try 5 first, as that will get you beyond a booth or standard table and whatever is assigned will accommodate at least 6. You could also try 7, and the worst that could happen would be a charge for 1 no show….
As long as one person shows on a reservation, there are no "no-show" fees assessed.

Eric Graham

Maybe because there doesn't seem to be a lot of sit down restaurants at Hollywood Studios. We used to go to Hollywood Brown Derby, but do not care for the menu a lot anymore. We really used to enjoy it.

MR.Dis

Just looked at the menu. Woah that seems to be a lot of food.
It is not a matter of a lot of food, but is it any good? From my one (and done) reservation that my 5 yo grand son just had to go, the food is about as uninspiring as any place in all of WDW. Could not find one item that I wanted a second helping, now for someone who enjoys eating that is about as bad a review as a restaurant can get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom