Rough estimate for money needed outside of basic expenses?

alucard84

We are a party of 6, two being kids. We are planning to spend 4 days in the parks (non park hopper so 1 day per park) We have paid for our reservations, tickets, 2nd tier dining plan, and memory maker. This is my first trip to Disney so I am looking for a rough estimate as to how much extra money we will need for the trip. I realize the more money we take the more we will be prone to spend, but I want the trip to be as comfortable and stress free as possible. Our original goal was $1000 for things like service tips and souvenirs, but we can save more if we need too. Just not sure what to shoot for.

crxbrett

I don't have kids so I don't have any knowledge or would know how much to allot for them. But when I go, I usually spend an average of $30 a day on tips (food, alcohol, Mousekeeping, bell service, DME), $30 a day on drinks (alcohol) and maybe an avg of $40 a day on merchandise. So for a 4-day trip that would add up to about $400 just for myself.

For a party of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids, I am thinking maybe $700-$1600 would be safe for 4-days, depending on your spending habits. If you drink or tend to buy a lot of merchandise, then I would lean towards bringing an extra $1600. If you don't drink at all or if you and your family are somewhat conservative with buying things at the parks, $700ish may be more than enough.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It really depends on what you will be buying . I would say to allow for autograph books , pens ,ears and a plush for each child so that would be at least 300 USD . Then after that you could always give them a budget of what they can spend say 50_100 USD each . If you can get to any of the shops in Vineland malls as suggested as above they could pick up some reasonably priced souvineers which is a great idea especially as you can save 70 % . I would really recommend grabbing a crate of bottled water if you can we saved so much money by doing this , plus it really encouraged us to stay hydrated in the Floridian heat. Of course you can request free ice water etc and there are fountains too.
Of course it is subjective but if you allowed £500 USD for the kids , £3-400 USD for tips , £400 for any snacks incidentals you would have quite a bit .
We just came back from a 2 week trip for 5 and we only spent 1700 USD . It really depends on what you like to buy .

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom