Rose parade, what happened to Disney?

ppete1975

Original Poster
Disney used to be a big supporter of the parade. Walt, mickey, kermit (not sure if this was before or after Disney), all were grand marshals. They had floats even recently. And its down the street. Did they have an issue with the people in charge, feel it cost too much, just wasnt worth it. I miss disney being a part of it. Just curious if anyone has any insight. @marni1971 maybe?
AF9CC49E-9379-4262-ACBD-2B6C9DA29811.jpeg
0290CC24-AC8F-48C8-BB59-2769142B55C8.jpeg
5DDD4A44-1482-4686-8471-1A1B4A82A74E.jpeg

FettFan

I honestly didn't even know the Rose Parade was still a thing. Granted there are so many "Bowl" football games now, that the Rose Bowl is really nothing special anymore.

Sugar Bowl
Chick-Fil-A/Peach Bowl
Cotton Bowl
Fiesta Bowl
Citrus Bowl
Orange Bowl
Rose Bowl
Capital One Bowl
Sun Bowl
Alamo Bowl

There's legit about 50 different Bowl games across the US.

ppete1975

Original Poster
I honestly didn't even know the Rose Parade was still a thing. Granted there are so many "Bowl" football games now, that the Rose Bowl is really nothing special anymore.

Sugar Bowl
Chick-Fil-A/Peach Bowl
Cotton Bowl
Fiesta Bowl
Citrus Bowl
Orange Bowl
Rose Bowl
Capital One Bowl
Sun Bowl
Alamo Bowl

There's legit about 50 different Bowl games across the US.
Right but the rose parade is huge floats covered entirely of natural materials. Flowers, nuts seeds. Its a huge deal and is covered in at least two networks including the disney owned abc. Its more like macys thanksgiving parade.

SirWillow

The "Granddaddy of them all" isn't going anywhere. Not with the long history it has (I think it's the oldest bowl game) and the best parade in the country. Not when they still have multiple channels showing the parade (what the heck happened to HGTV this year?)

Loved seeing the parade live and in person the year they had the Tower float. That was really cool. I was also disappointed that they didn't have a Disney float this year. At least they didn't have one that broke down and clogged the route like the train float did today! ack!

TwilightZone

The "Granddaddy of them all" isn't going anywhere. Not with the long history it has (I think it's the oldest bowl game) and the best parade in the country. Not when they still have multiple channels showing the parade (what the heck happened to HGTV this year?)

Loved seeing the parade live and in person the year they had the Tower float. That was really cool. I was also disappointed that they didn't have a Disney float this year. At least they didn't have one that broke down and clogged the route like the train float did today! ack!
Ah, that explains it being missing. I am going to watch the parade on youtube and there's a comment about the missing train.
I would watch it on tv, but I completely forgot this parade was a thing! Just so much going on!

Cmdr_Crimson

Disney used to be a big supporter of the parade. Walt, mickey, kermit (not sure if this was before or after Disney), all were grand marshals. They had floats even recently. And its down the street. Did they have an issue with the people in charge, feel it cost too much, just wasnt worth it. I miss disney being a part of it. Just curious if anyone has any insight.
While they didn't do anything for the parade. They did however do something out at the DL resort for the Rose Bowl...
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...washington-huskies-meet-at-disneyland-resort/

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I love this parade and watch it every year. As for HGTV, I haven't a clue why they didn't cover it, but the focus of that channel has been trending toward houses, real estate shows, etc. It's nothing like it was years ago, when it had more variety, and I miss that. Anyway, two networks in my area still covered the parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom