Rose Gold Minnie Ears

deeevo

Original Poster
Anyone know what store they have been seen in? Going over this weekend and the wife wants to see if she can find a pair. Not sure where to start other than the Emporium. I know they have been sold out.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Can I ask what the deal is with the rose gold ears? I know people have been obsessing about them and maybe I missed why.

It's a Millenials thing. Apparently the craze for them got started via some posts on facebook, according to my Millenial daughter. Similar demand - and utter craziness - of the Elsa dress a few years ago. According to a CM at the Emporium, the ears will be available again sometime this month.

Check the major shops at the parks - Emporium (MK), Mouse Gears (Epcot) and Island Mercantile in DAK. I've seen them, nothing special. But that age group is obsessed with them. Go figure....

KBLovedDisney

It's a Millenials thing. Apparently the craze for them got started via some posts on facebook, according to my Millenial daughter. Similar demand - and utter craziness - of the Elsa dress a few years ago. According to a CM at the Emporium, the ears will be available again sometime this month.

Check the major shops at the parks - Emporium (MK), Mouse Gears (Epcot) and Island Mercantile in DAK. I've seen them, nothing special. But that age group is obsessed with them. Go figure....
Meh, fads. They come and go. Next week it will be something else.

deeevo

Original Poster

Thanks... I thought the rose gold thing was out but apparently not.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hate to be that guy, unless I'm at Monsters Inc, but "rose gold" does not exist as a color. Rose is a pale red, what some call pink. Gold is a slightly orange yellow with a metallic (or sequinny) sheen.

Now, there is a gold colored ears and bow.

And, there is a rose colored ears and bow which is unfortunately is called "rose gold".

But unless you take a rose bow and put it on gold ears, or a gold bow on rose ears; then there is no such things a rose gold. It's a marketing scam to sell pink sequin Minnie ears.

See here for actual gold v. rose colors...

upload_2017-9-21_16-4-1.png

If you want pink sequin ears, go for it. But don't get caught in the hype of a non-existent color. ;)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Hate to be that guy, unless I'm at Monsters Inc, but "rose gold" does not exist as a color. Rose is a pale red, what some call pink. Gold is a slightly orange yellow with a metallic (or sequinny) sheen.

And, there is a rose colored ears and bow which is unfortunately is called "rose gold".

But unless you take a rose bow and put it on gold ears, or a gold bow on rose ears; then there is no such things a rose gold. It's a marketing scam to sell pink sequin Minnie ears.

View attachment 232217

If you want pink sequin ears, go for it. But don't get caught in the hype of a non-existent color. ;)

Rose gold in jewelry is an amalgamation of iron and gold.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Nope, copper and gold.
I stand corrected.

For 18 karat rose gold, typically about 4% silver is added to 75% gold and 21% copper to give a rose color. 14 karat red gold is often found in the Middle East and contains 41.67% copper. High-end flutes are very commonly made of solid rose gold, the most common alloy being 14K.

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes

Idk if rose gold is a "millennial" thing as it's been popular in jewelery for a while.

Small shops have been selling the ears for a while now, much longer than Disney has. That's how the trend really started.

epcotisbest

View attachment 232217

Thanks for this highly informative, well researched post.

correcaminos

I stand corrected.

For 18 karat rose gold, typically about 4% silver is added to 75% gold and 21% copper to give a rose color.
Actually it's even more complex than that. Most jewelry makers have their own compositions. Nickel, zinc, palladium, and copper are common to add. Silver? Yes but not as much in 18k as you'd think. It really is up to the maker and most metals even within the same karat range are different.

Idk if rose gold is a "millennial" thing as it's been popular in jewelery for a while.

Small shops have been selling the ears for a while now, much longer than Disney has. That's how the trend really started.

It's definitely not a millennial thing at all. Trust me on that ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom