Rose & Crown Illuminations 'trick' ?

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I thought I read (or saw) somewhere that you can make PS ressies for Rose & Crown around Illuminations time and request a water view (if available). Is there a certain 'trick' for getting this to work?

Tim G

Fallen Angel said:
I thought I read (or saw) somewhere that you can make PS ressies for Rose & Crown around Illuminations time and request a water view (if available). Is there a certain 'trick' for getting this to work?
No it wouldn't... it's on whoever comes first basis...

So go there early in the morning, waste your whole day... but then you WILL have "water view" LOL :lol: LOL

CAPTAIN HOOK

Fallen Angel said:
You will be allocated the "next available table" that will seat your party - you cannot specify inside / outside or water view or anything else.

HoW

I know when we were younger my dad and uncle would get the the Rose and Crown around 4 in the afternoon, grab a table, and drink Guinness all evening. The rest of the family would show up about an hour before Illuminations, order dinner, and have a great spot to view the show. I don't recommend taking up a table for hours on end like they did, but getting there early will definitely help.

Enderikari

Plus, more often than not, the Rose and Crown Viewing area will be used by convention groups, so you could conceivably have no chance of sitting outside for it

JuicyJessie

HoW said:
I know when we were younger my dad and uncle would get the the Rose and Crown around 4 in the afternoon, grab a table, and drink Guinness all evening. The rest of the family would show up about an hour before Illuminations, order dinner, and have a great spot to view the show. I don't recommend taking up a table for hours on end like they did, but getting there early will definitely help.

sorry but there is a 2 hour dining policy so if you are seated before 7 don't expect to be allowed to stay there for illuminations!

Goofier

I'm going to be different here, but when I went to WDW during April, I had a 7:15pm PS and when we got there (around 7pm) we requested water seating for watching Illuminations. We were seated five minutes later right on the water and our server asked us, "Do you want me to string your dinner out a little bit so you can enjoy the fireworks?"

It was PERFECT. :)

DisneyBunny

We ate there on our last trip, and while we did get a water-side table from our table, and had a perfect view of Illuminations, those with inside seats were allowed to come out to see the show, and went back inside when it was over to finish their meals. Either way, if you time your seating right, you'll get to see the show without having to stake out a spot hours ahead of time. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom