Rope drop

Lkendlekatie

Original Poster
Can you rope drop using Disney’s transport system ? Or is it with a car only.
from what I’m hearing the different Disney transports don’t get you there early enough ...

PolynesianPrincess

what I've been hearing is Disney says transportation starts an hour before the parks open, but I've heard from people who have been recently that they are starting earlier. I know in October when we took an Uber, we had to wait until 9:15 to get into DHS parking lot along with the rest of the people driving. I have heard they are letting guests in as early as an hour to 45 minutes before park opening. I'm guessing it all depends on the lines for transportation and the lines to get into the park. The longer the line, I think, the earlier they start.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I think it depends on which resort you're staying at and which park you're trying to RD.
For example it seems like the Skyliner does not start operating at what would be a reasonable time to easily RD HS from AOA/POP.
I've also heard that ride share or driving yourself does not always work so well.
Right now it would seem that the best way to RD is to stay at a resort that's walkable to the park you're going to.
Of course that's not possible for all 4 parks...
Staying at an EPCOT area resort would help you out with 2 parks anyways.
I'm staying at Poly in August and glad I can walk to MK for RD anyway.

PolynesianPrincess

I think it depends on which resort you're staying at and which park you're trying to RD.
For example it seems like the Skyliner does not start operating at what would be a reasonable time to easily RD HS from AOA/POP.
I've also heard that ride share or driving yourself does not always work so well.
Right now it would seem that the best way to RD is to stay at a resort that's walkable to the park you're going to.
Of course that's not possible for all 4 parks...
Staying at an EPCOT area resort would help you out with 2 parks anyways.
I'm staying at Poly in August and glad I can walk to MK for RD anyway.

We just found an AP rate for Dolphin so we switched to there from Coronado. I was most worried about getting to DHS for rope drop and now we don't have to worry, we can just walk. As far as MK, we may Uber to Poly or GF or may just take a bus. AK we will just take the bus. I think getting in line early is key.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom