News Rope drop returns to Walt Disney World theme parks as physical distancing continues to be reduced

doctornick

This past Friday night 30 mins before close TT was posting 65 mins.

We waited at MK til close to try and get our 3 year old on Mine Train. Kept expecting it to drop, but the wait time never got below 50 minutes. Not a horrible wait, but trying to get a 3 year old to wait in a line for 50 minutes with a mask on wasn't going to work out well.

Hmmm. Definitely making me hope that Early Entry or some sort of FP comes back before our next trip....

Mummum

FYI Yesterday (Monday) we rode Winnie, Tea Party, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Mine Train, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Small World, Philharmagic, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Pirates, Space Mountain, ate twice and Dole whip with a 10AM arrival(check in day).
Every wait time was 10-15 minutes less than posted except for Peter Pan which had an issue for 15 minutes. We left before 8. I was quite satisfied without FP+.

correcaminos

FYI Yesterday (Monday) we rode Winnie, Tea Party, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Mine Train, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Small World, Philharmagic, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Pirates, Space Mountain, ate twice and Dole whip with a 10AM arrival(check in day).
Every wait time was 10-15 minutes less than posted except for Peter Pan which had an issue for 15 minutes. We left before 8. I was quite satisfied without FP+.
We arrived at 10 am today. Even Barnstormer was 20 minutes. Some waits seemed less but many did not. I would have been unhappy today if we had not walked on everything Sat morning. Arriving at opening is key. Or waiting until much later to come back.

bsilver22

This is awful. It had been opening at 10 anyway, and slowly letting people in. Now they say they are opening at 10, and will hold people back, causing more bottlenecks in an already narrow alleyway.

ToTBellHop

This is awful. It had been opening at 10 anyway, and slowly letting people in. Now they say they are opening at 10, and will hold people back, causing more bottlenecks in an already narrow alleyway.
What would you suggest? It looks like a rope drop.

Roy G. Dis

On top of that people are waiting 90 minutes for Test Track, 2000's hottest ride. Absolutely awful.

matt9112

Actually, I was being sarcastic. I want FPs to return because then I can be somewhat assured that I will get to ride at least some of the better rides. The idea of having to wait 1.5 hours for a ride doesn't sound like much of a vacation to me.

Even better maybe every ride will become a lottery and you can hope your family is important enough at rope drop.

G00fyDad

I would be too...... at this reduced capacity. Increase capacity and then try all that.

G00fyDad

Seriously. By 11:00 I've normally ridden a bunch of rides and am usually ready for my first break.
Amen. I would have already ridden MS, Test Track and Soarin' at least. Then we'd go have a small wait for Nemo, lunch around 11:00am, then a 20-30 minute wait for Living with the Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom